Does Freeza's race have a skeleton?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

Does Freeza's race have a skeleton?

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:11 am

So I was trying to imagine how Frieza could shape his head if he was able to go one transformation further as Cooler did and recalled that when Future Trunks sliced him in half there was no sign of a skelton in his inner body, just signs of the mechanical attachments hanging inside him, the same applies for his revival in Resurrection 'F' when Sorbet picks his jelly like moving pieces from the ground... Is their race is just a big chunk of nerves tissue (their brain must be underneath the "dome")?

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Do Frieza's race have a skeleton?

Post by Desassina » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:33 am

I think that what needs to be asked now is: should we take Coola as a prominent example of his race or is it similar between all entities like Frost? I think that they are comparable to reptiles who shed their skin and these have a skeleton.

nickzambuto

Re: Do Freeza's race have a skeleton?

Post by nickzambuto » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:04 pm

The problem is, we've seen other characters receive grievous injuries and severed limbs, and they never display exposed bone either, nor do they display signs of any innards at all.

Daimao, Goku, and Raditz all had gaping holes punched through their bodies. Nothing but vague, solid red or black lining their insides.

Piccolo and Tenshinhan are both shown losing their arms. Again, no bones or innards. Just vague, solid red or black lining the inside.

Then Freeza gets chopped up numerous times, and wouldn't ya know it; no innards. Just vague, solid red or black lining the inside.

With this in mind, it might be more of a censorship thing than indication that Freeza has no skeleton. Showing actual innards and fragmented bones would be a little too hardcore for Dragon Ball, which is saying a lot considering these circumstances are already hardcore to begin with.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:10 pm

nickzambuto wrote:The problem is, we've seen other characters receive grievous injuries and severed limbs, and they never display exposed bone either, nor do they display signs of any innards at all.

Daimao, Goku, and Raditz all had gaping holes punched through their bodies. Nothing but vague, solid red or black lining their insides.

Piccolo and Tenshinhan are both shown losing their arms. Again, no bones or innards. Just vague, solid red or black lining the inside.

Then Freeza gets chopped up numerous times, and wouldn't ya know it; no innards. Just vague, solid red or black lining the inside.

With this in mind, it might be more of a censorship thing than indication that Freeza has no skeleton. Showing actual innards and fragmented bones would be a little too hardcore for Dragon Ball, which is saying a lot considering these circumstances are already hardcore to begin with.
Well, the two people killed by Babidi's men in the Buu arc have their guts hanging out. I'm wanting to say that Freeza had some exposed intestine when he got cut in half fighting Goku, but I could be wrong.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:50 pm

nickzambuto wrote:With this in mind, it might be more of a censorship thing than indication that Freeza has no skeleton. Showing actual innards and fragmented bones would be a little too hardcore for Dragon Ball, which is saying a lot considering these circumstances are already hardcore to begin with.
We have had a number of instances of organs and innards being exposed due to damage though. When Gohan was destroying the Cell Jrs, there were clear instances of brains and other organs being ripped out.

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

Likewise, when Spopovitch gets killed, there's no getting around that some organs were present during that.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Kamiccolo9 wrote: Well, the two people killed by Babidi's men in the Buu arc have their guts hanging out. I'm wanting to say that Freeza had some exposed intestine when he got cut in half fighting Goku, but I could be wrong.
He didn't, neither in the manga or anime. In both, outside of some initial blood spilling out following the cut, we see no organs or anything having fallen out. It's just a clean cut.

nickzambuto

Re: Does Freeza's race have a skeleton?

Post by nickzambuto » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:31 pm

True, exposed organs definitely aren't completely absent from Dragon Ball. But still, when we look at characters like Tenshinhan losing a limb and no bone is visible, and we KNOW he has a skeleton, I don't think an nonpresent skeleton is indication that Freeza is some jelly fish either.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:07 pm

They do have skeletons. Recall Goku cracking Freeza's back over his knee and hearing the bones crack? "Imma break you like a kit kat" anyone?
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:07 am

Well Piccolo is more likely to have no skeleton, since he's like a plant/slug man.

Thinking about Freeza, it's possible that he has an exoskeleton like bugs do. Would make those transformations easier, one can only imagine the pain otherwise from forcing your bones to shrink or enlarge as you move up or down the scale.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:00 am

Darkprince410 wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote: Well, the two people killed by Babidi's men in the Buu arc have their guts hanging out. I'm wanting to say that Freeza had some exposed intestine when he got cut in half fighting Goku, but I could be wrong.
He didn't, neither in the manga or anime. In both, outside of some initial blood spilling out following the cut, we see no organs or anything having fallen out. It's just a clean cut.
You neglected to go over the next chapter to confirm, if this was consistent throughout Freeza's appearance with half a body, which it wasn't.
By the next chapter Freeza's body was showing innards dangling out, before Goku finished him off(or so he thought).
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:28 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Darkprince410 wrote:
You neglected to go over the next chapter to confirm, if this was consistent throughout Freeza's appearance with half a body, which it wasn't.
By the next chapter Freeza's body was showing innards dangling out, before Goku finished him off(or so he thought).
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I stand corrected. Looking at the later pages, it's clear he's got some innards, be them organs or whatever, hanging out. I just knew in the part where he first was sliced in half and his body had hit the floor, he wasn't showing any insides, and just assumed that, if he was going to have innards spilling out, they should have happened as well.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:45 pm

Darkprince410 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:
Darkprince410 wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I stand corrected. Looking at the later pages, it's clear he's got some innards, be them organs or whatever, hanging out. I just knew in the part where he first was sliced in half and his body had hit the floor, he wasn't showing any insides, and just assumed that, if he was going to have innards spilling out, they should have happened as well.
It could be that they took a little while to start falling out.

Char Aznable
Regular

Post by Char Aznable » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:11 am

I can't recall nor am I able to check, but when Freeza's tail was sliced off (both times or at least one out of the two times), wasn't there a sort of bone fragment or at least something that looked like bone shown within it?

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:24 am

Char Aznable wrote:I can't recall nor am I able to check, but when Freeza's tail was sliced off (both times or at least one out of the two times), wasn't there a sort of bone fragment or at least something that looked like bone shown within it?
In all the panels I found that gave us a clear and up close look, it's just the undetailed blackened stump.

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

Char Aznable
Regular

Post by Char Aznable » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:42 am

Darkprince410 wrote:
Char Aznable wrote:I can't recall nor am I able to check, but when Freeza's tail was sliced off (both times or at least one out of the two times), wasn't there a sort of bone fragment or at least something that looked like bone shown within it?
In all the panels I found that gave us a clear and up close look, it's just the undetailed blackened stump.

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]
Alright. I thought I remembered seeing that, so I figured I'd bring it up.

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smilodon » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:54 am

He has exo skeleton (I don't know if this term is correct in english, but it means he could be like an insect)
Vados Sama!

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:33 am

Smilodon wrote:He has exo skeleton (I don't know if this term is correct in english, but it means he could be like an insect)
So then does nearly every other character in Dragon Ball have an exoskeleton then?

DBSQA
Beyond Newbie

Post by DBSQA » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:36 pm

nickzambuto wrote:The problem is, we've seen other characters receive grievous injuries and severed limbs, and they never display exposed bone either, nor do they display signs of any innards at all.

Dragon ball logic