Can Vegeta actually ride the Kinto-Un?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Can Vegeta actually ride the Kinto-Un?

Post by Asura » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:35 am

While watching some scenes from the BoG arc of Super just now, I realized that the Super Saiyan God ritual requires 5 "righteous" hearted saiyans + the saiyan receiving the power-up. Vegeta was one of those five saiyans.

Does this now mean that Vegeta can ride the Kinto-Un since he's pure of heart?

I mean, not that he ever would, but just the fact that the canon is telling us he can is something that would have probably boggled everyone's minds ten years ago.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Re: Can Vegeta actually ride the Kinto-Un?

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:28 am

I don't think so, it's more likely that the requirements for the God ritual aren't nearly as strict. Would you really say that Vegeta is more pure hearted than Roshi and Bulma?

Vegetail

Post by Vegetail » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:50 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:I don't think so, it's more likely that the requirements for the God ritual aren't nearly as strict. Would you really say that Vegeta is more pure hearted than Roshi and Bulma?
By a landslide.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:03 am

Vegetail wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:I don't think so, it's more likely that the requirements for the God ritual aren't nearly as strict. Would you really say that Vegeta is more pure hearted than Roshi and Bulma?
By a landslide.
Not even close.

Vegetail

Post by Vegetail » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:37 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Vegetail wrote:
By a landslide.
Not even close.
He's a Dendamn prude!

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:23 am

Honestly, I think current Vegeta has a better chance of being able to ride Kinto'un than current Goku.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:39 pm

"Pure of heart" does not necessarily mean pure good or pure righteous and heroic. Pure just means not contaminated by outside influences. Vegeta is very much a pure hearted character at this point, just as he was when he first appeared.

Try and imagine THAT. Scouter Vegeta blasting away cities and laughing maniacally from the Kinto'un. Can someone draw that?

Anyway In the latter half of the Cell arc and most of the Boo arc, he was suffering a lot of inner conflicts and going through changes, so he probably wasn't pure then. But after accepting Goku as number 1, he became more pure than ever.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:16 pm

Eh, Vegeta's never going to be pure of heart. The fact that he's switched to a life of good now doesn't excuse all the murdering and pillaging he did back in the day.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

mabalia
Beyond Newbie

Post by mabalia » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:28 am

Right now Vegeta can ride the kinto-un, he's a better person than Goku in super (anime), despite being raised in Freeza's army. Knowing his past, it's very admirable how much he changed from the man he once was. He's very different (and I like it).

I didn't care for Vegeta before, I was neutral towards him, but I'm starting to like him more than Goku. I think this Vegeta should be the main character, Goku could go for other universes for new adventures (as long as he has good fights it's all he cares about now, that's all he is now).
Vegetail wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Vegetail wrote: By a landslide.
Not even close.
He's a Dendamn prude!
I agree, he's a prude! :lol: He once called Bulma a vulgar woman, he was never depicted like a pervert.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:43 am

mabalia wrote:Right now Vegeta can ride the kinto-un, he's a better person than Goku in super (anime), despite being raised in Freeza's army. Knowing his past, it's very admirable how much he changed from the man he once was. He's very different (and I like it).

I didn't care for Vegeta before, I was neutral towards him, but I'm starting to like him more than Goku. I think this Vegeta should be the main character, Goku could go for other universes for new adventures (as long as he has good fights it's all he cares about now, that's all he is now).
Vegetail wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: Not even close.
He's a Dendamn prude!
I agree, he's a prude! :lol: He once called Bulma a vulgar woman, he was never depicted like a pervert.
Pure of heart does not mean you are a good perosn, Kid buu is also pure of heart.

Vegeta is not pure of heart, he is a good man but not pure of heart.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:29 am

If Krillin can't ride it, roshi can't ride it who didn't commit mass murder aren't always rude to their colleagues I doubt he can ride it
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:58 pm

Kinto'un rejected Turtle Hermit & Kuririn for their peversion. Its standards doesn't seem to consider body counts.
TheGodfather93 wrote:Honestly, I think current Vegeta has a better chance of being able to ride Kinto'un than current Goku.
Goku's chances are locked in considering he recently used it. With that choice criteria (& a better rate of success than successful!), Vegeta may use Kinto'un. :P

TheatreStyleKai
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheatreStyleKai » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:54 pm

floofychan333 wrote:...The fact that he's switched to a life of good now doesn't excuse all the murdering and pillaging he did back in the day.
Shenlong disagrees with you apparently, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to return to life.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:25 pm

TheGodfather93 wrote:Honestly, I think current Vegeta has a better chance of being able to ride Kinto'un than current Goku.
Doubtful, especially since we've already seen Goku use Kinto'un. Nothing about Goku now makes him any less able to use it.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie

Post by DragonBallLove » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:19 am

For what is worth, Naho Oishii had Otokosuki riding kintou even if he's kind of a stalker. Just saying.

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:50 pm

TheatreStyleKai wrote:
floofychan333 wrote:...The fact that he's switched to a life of good now doesn't excuse all the murdering and pillaging he did back in the day.
Shenlong disagrees with you apparently, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to return to life.
Shenlong brought only good people back to life, but that doesn't mean strictly pure or heart.