Where was Vegeta in Movie 10?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Where was Vegeta in Movie 10?

Post by floofychan333 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:11 pm

I watched DBZ: Broly's 2nd coming last night and I noticed that Vegeta didn't appear at all in the movie, while lesser characters like Kuririn and Videl participated in the fight with Broly to some degree. Why wasn't Vegeta there? If he had been, they could have solved the plot hole of Goku temporarily returning for the Son family Kamehameha without stating the wish made on the DB's specifically. The problem would have been solved if Vegeta had arrived and performed a final flash with Trunks, while Gohan and Goten did their Kamehameha, because I think Vegeta and Goku were at about the same strength, right?
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Kaboom

Re: Where was Vegeta in Movie 10?

Post by Kaboom » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:35 pm

After the trauma that Broli put him through in Movie 8? He was probably hiding.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:44 pm

Piccolo also wasn't in it for some reason.

I guess they didn't want to have too many characters so the decided to focus on Goten, Trunks & Videl due to that being their 1st movie while Vegeta was in 4 and Piccolo was in 9.

In terms of Goku, I think he was just there in spirit.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:00 pm

Broly was being a bitchy madonna. The studio wanted to make another movie staring him but he wanted way more money. As a result Toei could not afford Goku and Vegeta's large salaries and because they had issue's with Broly, on and off set during the last film, they would not work for less.

So the lesser caste like Gohan, Goten, Trunks and Videl got staring roles due to their lower casting fee. Goku, being a nice guy, was willing to do some second unit, post-production work for a cameo since Broly would not be there. However Vegeta is the kind of guy who sticks to his choices even if it costs him money.

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:17 am

My head-canon is that Broli popped up during Vegeta's and Bulma's date night, and between the two, Vegeta is much more afraid of his wife.

Piccolo was just nappin-I mean meditating.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:24 am

Since I'm a big fan of "Buu's fury", I just figure that the Movie takes place in an alternate timeline where Vegeta was able to take out Buu, but it had cost himself his life as well. Though I haven't seen the movie in a long time.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:44 am

He was wisely hiding so he wouldn't get crushed by Broly again.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:18 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Broly was being a bitchy madonna. The studio wanted to make another movie staring him but he wanted way more money. As a result Toei could not afford Goku and Vegeta's large salaries and because they had issue's with Broly, on and off set during the last film, they would not work for less.

So the lesser caste like Gohan, Goten, Trunks and Videl got staring roles due to their lower casting fee. Goku, being a nice guy, was willing to do some second unit, post-production work for a cameo since Broly would not be there. However Vegeta is the kind of guy who sticks to his choices even if it costs him money.
This is canon and I don't care how little sense it makes. :lol: :thumbup:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:38 pm

My headcanon is that all movies carry out in a parallel universe, so in this case I'd say Goku didn't take his day in the living world like he did in the original story to participate in the tournament, so Vegeta didn't aswell - the other warriors were able to help (kaio)Shin stop Babbidi from freeing Boo but somehow Vegeta dies, maybe fighting Dabra. This sets up for Broly to appear shortly after, since they were gathering dragon balls in the movie. It would also explain why both Goku and Vegeta are dead in movie 11 against Janemba, and why Boo was absent in movie 12 (Hirudegarn one).
DBZ Macky wrote:Since I'm a big fan of "Buu's fury", I just figure that the Movie takes place in an alternate timeline where Vegeta was able to take out Buu, but it had cost himself his life as well. Though I haven't seen the movie in a long time.
That's also a good idea.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

Son_Gohan
Advanced Regular

Post by Son_Gohan » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:52 pm

Training in his gravity chamber? In a state of deep meditation? Piccolo may have been doing the same.

If Vegeta were dead, I'd imagine Trunks would've wanted to use the Dragon Balls to bring him back to life rather than wish for his own amusement park.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:22 am

DanielSSJ wrote:My head-canon is that Broli popped up during Vegeta's and Bulma's date night, and between the two, Vegeta is much more afraid of his wife.
Afraid? Not really, he's just humoring her tantrums because he cares is all. Goku might be somewhat afraid of Chichi at times, but I wouldn't say Vegeta is of Bulma. And yeah, forcing those silly memes with guys being afraid of their wives got old like 20 years ago IMO :lol:

As for movie 10, I can't wait until TFS get there. I'm calling it now: Broly will not have any other dialogue except "Kakarot!" - which was pretty much the case in the original movie anyway.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:04 pm

Saturnine wrote:
DanielSSJ wrote:My head-canon is that Broli popped up during Vegeta's and Bulma's date night, and between the two, Vegeta is much more afraid of his wife.
Afraid? Not really, he's just humoring her tantrums because he cares is all. Goku might be somewhat afraid of Chichi at times, but I wouldn't say Vegeta is of Bulma. And yeah, forcing those silly memes with guys being afraid of their wives got old like 20 years ago IMO :lol:

As for movie 10, I can't wait until TFS get there. I'm calling it now: Broly will not have any other dialogue except "Kakarot!" - which was pretty much the case in the original movie anyway.
He's definitely whipped in Super.

RehBeh
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RehBeh » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:35 pm

The whole fight lasted only 5 minutes and Vegeta didn't make it in time.
GT wasn't that bad
DBZ Macky wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: He is, its just that no one holds him in high esteem, even in-universe.
He must feel awful. Being a God and no one respects him. Just sad.
And Zamasu thought he had it bad. Fuckin' edgy Kaios thinking about "Justice" and shit just because they got strong by chance.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:26 pm

Both he and Piccolo were planning on making a cool entrance, but having a long history of doing so they wanted to make it more special this time and took too long thinking about it. By the time they decided on how to show up the fight was over.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this were the case considering Piccolo literally hid underground in movie 7 just to make his entrance more dramatic.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:20 pm

I always figured Vegeta was too busy training to be in that movie.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:15 pm

DBZ Macky wrote:Since I'm a big fan of "Buu's fury", I just figure that the Movie takes place in an alternate timeline where Vegeta was able to take out Buu, but it had cost himself his life as well. Though I haven't seen the movie in a long time.
Rubens wrote:I'd say Goku didn't take his day in the living world like he did in the original story to participate in the tournament, so Vegeta didn't aswell - the other warriors were able to help (kaio)Shin stop Babbidi from freeing Boo but somehow Vegeta dies, maybe fighting Dabra.
Daizenshuu 6 placed DBZ Movie 10 before the 25th Tenkaichi Budoukai. Boo is likely undisturbed in this continuity given that information but it's an interesting alternative.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:13 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Saturnine wrote:

He's definitely whipped in Super.
Well I wouldn't be so sure. At the beginning, when he was out with Bulma and Trunks, he acted positively cold towards Bulma, not caring about her reaction in the slightest. He is not so much whipped as he simply cares, for better or worse in terms of his character.