¿Is Super Saiyan Grade 3 ten times stronger than Super Saiyan Grade 2?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

München X Cisf

¿Is Super Saiyan Grade 3 ten times stronger than Super Saiyan Grade 2?

Post by München X Cisf » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:00 pm

I found that information in Dragon Ball the legend of manga, made by Shueisha inc, in 2007.

© 2007 by BIRD STUDIO/SHUEISHA Inc.
Original Text and Design was created in Japan in 2007 by SHUEISHA Inc., Tokyo.
Text by KISOUSHA Inc., Tokyo, Japan.
Designed by BANANA GLOBE STUDIO Co.Ltd., Tokyo, Japan.
Based of Akira Toriyama's <<DRAGON BALL>>.

© 1984 by BIRD STUDIO/SHUEISHA Inc. All rights reserved.
Translation rights in Spanish Language licensed by Shueisha Inc.
to Editorial Salvat, S.L. in Spain.

© 2008, Editorial Salvat, S.L. C/ Mallorca, 45, 08029 Barcelona
Trunks adquiere una fuerza 10 veces superior, pero su capacidad de movimiento es más limitada.
Trunks acquires a force 10 times greater, but his movement skills are more limited.
But there is a problem, the Super Saiyan grade 5 is stated as the strongest form of first 5.
Page 147

Super Saiyan Grade Five (Strongest Form)
An aura with sparks like flashes of lightning and an upright, combative hairstyle are the distinguishing features of this, the strongest Saiyan warrior! One's personality also becomes aggressive; even the ordinarily gentle Gohan started to enjoy battle! Its power is enough to push back even Cell's energy bullet, which had enough force to blow away the Solar System!

Son Gohan
Gohan's true power that had lain dormant finally awakens! He transforms through his extreme rage towards Cell, who tormented Goku and the others with his Cell Juniors, and even destroyed No.16! His personality does an about-face; the strongest Super Saiyan, he easily battles Cell!

[red text] Everything's super!! Declare this invincible Saiya-Power!!

[picture of SSj Gohan, from right after Cell beats him up and knocks him into the mountain...in other words, not SSj2 Gohan, though they're implying it is] Outraged at the cruelty of Cell and the Cell Juniors, Gohan finally transforms!
Super Saiyan (Grade 5) > Super Saiyan (Grade 3) (strenght and power ten times) > Super Saiyan Grade 2.

In the case of Cell, he obtained the same powers like Gohan (Grade 5). But before, he used Super Saiyan grade 3 to increase his powers, in a desperate attempt to defeat Gohan SSJ2

So...

¿Super perfect Cell (Grade 5) > Perfect Cell (Grade 3 x10 strenght/power) > Perfect Cell at full power?

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Re: ¿Is Super Saiyan Grade 3 ten times stronger than Super Saiyan Grade 2?

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:02 pm

I'd ignore that, the newest guides call Grade 5 SSJ2 and place it at 2x SSJ.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:04 pm

I'm sure if that information originally stemmed from anything originally published by Shueisha, we'd know all about it by now. It's almost certainly just an out-of-nowhere embellishment from whatever Spanish publisher put together the book this page came from.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

München X Cisf

Post by München X Cisf » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:16 pm

Kaboom wrote:I'm sure if that information originally stemmed from anything originally published by Shueisha, we'd know all about it by now. It's almost certainly just an out-of-nowhere embellishment from whatever Spanish publisher put together the book this page came from.
It's strange, because that guide has many interviews with Akira Toriyama (more than 50), including photos of his house and his work tools.

ciccioDM

Post by ciccioDM » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:05 pm

This collection was released in 2008 in Italy too! I want to know more about it... maybe it was released in Japan too? We don't really know for sure.

München X Cisf

Post by München X Cisf » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:24 pm

ciccioDM wrote:This collection was released in 2008 in Italy too! I want to know more about it... maybe it was released in Japan too? We don't really know for sure.
Long time ago I saw the original Japanese version on Google, that guide is in Spanish and French also. I have the whole collection in Spanish.

valfranx
Beyond Newbie

Post by valfranx » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:07 pm

© 2007 by BIRD STUDIO/SHUEISHA Inc.
Original Text and Design was created in Japan in 2007 by SHUEISHA Inc., Tokyo.
Text by KISOUSHA Inc., Tokyo, Japan.
Designed by BANANA GLOBE STUDIO Co.Ltd., Tokyo, Japan.
Based of Akira Toriyama's <<DRAGON BALL>>.

© 1984 by BIRD STUDIO/SHUEISHA Inc. All rights reserved.
Translation rights in Spanish Language licensed by Shueisha Inc.
to Editorial Salvat, S.L. in Spain.

© 2008, Editorial Salvat, S.L. C/ Mallorca, 45, 08029 Barcelona

Summary, Bird Studio has give the permission of the Editorial Salvat to translate the guide books, so they are valid at 100%.

There is even a French version and a TV Spot that conferm his existence:
https://www.dragon-ball-z.org/dossier-1 ... gende.html

- "Depuis le 7 août 2008 est disponible chez votre marchands de journaux une nouvelle collection Hachette sur Dragon Ball.
Il s'agit d'un magazine accompagné d'une figurine, d'un fascicule et d'une brochure de présentation.
Le fascicules d'une vingtaine de pages contient des informations intéressantes sur la série, un résumé de l'histoire, des jeux et quizz sur l'univers de Dragon ball et d'Akira Toriyama.
Hachette travaille en étroite collaboration avec l'éditeur Japonais du manga Dragon Ball: Shueisha.
C'est Shueisha qui crée le contenu des fascicules et développe les moules des figurines spécialement pour cette collection."

- "From August 7, 2008 is available from a new collection in kiosk of Hachette Dragon Ball.
This is a magazine accompanied by a figurine, a brochure and a brochure.
The 20-page booklet contains interesting information about the series, a summary of the history, games and quizzes about the universe of Dragon Ball by Akira Toriyama.
Hachette has working closely with the Japanese of the Dragon Ball manga publisher: Shueisha.
It's Shueisha which has creates the contents of the fascicles and develops the figurines specially for this collection."

source: http://dragonballfigures.com/thread/14/ ... gend-guide

official website
http://web.archive.org/web/200811200949 ... mero-1.htm

Hachette was mentioned on toei's website.
Http://www.toei-animation.com/en/search/node/hachette

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:16 pm

As far as I know the only numbers we have are for Ssj (50× base), Ssj2 (2× ssj) & Ssj3 (4× Ssj2). anything else is just speculation until someone official says otherwise.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

München X Cisf

Post by München X Cisf » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:20 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:I'd ignore that, the newest guides call Grade 5 SSJ2 and place it at 2x SSJ.
Yes, super exciting guide said SSJ2 increases 2 times the power SSJ in general terms (of course talking of SSJ grade 4), súper saiyan grade 3 could be with no problem 10 times stronger than grade 2, and grade 2 is stronger than grade 1.

SSJ2 Grade 5 (2 times) > SSJ Grade 4 (¿? times) > SSJ Grade 3 (10 times) > SSJ grade 2 (¿? times) > SSJ grade 1 (50 times) base form.

I think is correct, after all, the sources are official.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:38 pm

These sources are official and they don't contradict anything already established.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:25 pm

München X Cisf wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:I'd ignore that, the newest guides call Grade 5 SSJ2 and place it at 2x SSJ.
Yes, super exciting guide said SSJ2 increases 2 times the power SSJ in general terms (of course talking of SSJ grade 4), súper saiyan grade 3 could be with no problem 10 times stronger than grade 2, and grade 2 is stronger than grade 1.

SSJ2 Grade 5 (2 times) > SSJ Grade 4 (¿? times) > SSJ Grade 3 (10 times) > SSJ grade 2 (¿? times) > SSJ grade 1 (50 times) base form.

I think is correct, after all, the sources are official.
Full-power Super Saiyan/Ssj 4th Grade isn't any stronger boost wise than normal Ssj. The only difference between them is that the form all but entirely removes the stress of the state as well as minimizes ki drain. It's not even given its own entry among the Ssj states in Daizenshuu 7's Special Attack dictionary (both 2nd and 3rd Grade, as well as Ssj2 and 3 are though), helping to support it isn't considered an actual different Grade like 2 and 3 are.

Likewise, the dialogue spoken of the form when Vegeta saw it didn't suggest anything about it being a more powerful form than 2nd or 3rd Grade, but simply it's the most efficient.

While an "official" source, until we can see if the original equivalent (if there is one) lists the boost to 3rd Grade as 10x, its legitimacy is no better than the one US release of Shonen Jump that said Freeza's ship was on the opposite side of the planet from where Vegeta was killed.

München X Cisf

Post by München X Cisf » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:42 am

[spoiler]Chapter: 391 (DBZ 197), P7.2-7
Tenshinhan: “…Hey, Goku and Gohan were Super Saiyans just now, right? But even so, they were very…how do I say this?...Natural-feeling…”
Piccolo: “…I think there’s no doubt that they were Super Saiyans…However, they’ve trained so that they can exist in that state at an ordinary, everyday level…”
Trunks: “S-so then…When they fight, they’ll [perform] an ev-even more tremendous transformation…!”
Vegeta: “Are you an idiot?...You don’t seem to think things over…They’ve judged that state as the best! If they get used to that as a matter of habit, then even if they raise their battle power, the strain on their body is very small! [ ] They’ve thought this through…”[/spoiler]

"Super Saiyan Grade Four
A form where without consciously raising their ki they are still able to remain Super Saiyan on a regular basis: that's Grade Four. From the start Grade One balanced power, energy consumption, etc. This form removes the slightly agitated state which characterizes Grade One. It's a natural form of Super Saiyan which has even gotten rid of their wild personality!"

Yes, grade 4 and grade 1 are the same form, but of course grade 4 could use more power effortlessly and with no anger sensation, in other words is grade 4 is more "complete" than grade 1, as Daizenshuu said.

Personally, I agree with that guide when they say grade 3 is 10 times stronger than grade 2, reading the manga I found that very logic.

Super perfect Cell grade 5 (he said he gained the same powers just like Gohan, so he was in SSJ2) > Perfect Cell grade 3 (Trunks stated Cell made the same mistake like him) > Perfect Cell full power before zenkai boost > Goku SSJ grade 4 > Trunks SSJ grade 3 > Vegeta SSJ grade 2 > Trunks SSJ grade 2 > Semi perfect Cell > Android No. 16 = Cell > Android 17 = Piccolo merged with kami > Android 18 > Vegeta SSJ grade 1 > Goku SSJ grade 1.

The only thing I know is that fascicles were published by Shueisha and were translated by Hachette in 2007, and were translated again to Spanish by editorial Salvat in 2008. And has multiple interviews with Akira Toriyama, games, figures etc...

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:00 pm

München X Cisf wrote:
Yes, grade 4 and grade 1 are the same form, but of course grade 4 could use more power effortlessly and with no anger sensation, in other words is grade 4 is more "complete" than grade 1, as Daizenshuu said.
None of what is described about the form actually speaks of power though, at least in regards to it being more powerful than the regular Ssj form in terms of a boost. As such, Ssj2 would be based off of the regular Ssj boost, yet still be established to be a stronger boost than Grade 2 or 3. Thus, given what is indicated, it has to be a boost between 50x and 100x the base form, and a 10x boost over Ssj 2nd Grade (which is already above Ssj) would put it even above Ssj3 in terms of overall boost (Ssj3 being only 8x stronger than the regular Ssj form).

STH
Not-So-Newbie

Post by STH » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:38 am

SSJ = Base PL x50
SSJ2 = Base PL x100
SSJ3 = Base PL x400

SSJ Grade 3 = Ten times stronger than SSJ
We don't know how many times more powerful is SSJ2 than SSJ.
But we know, SSJ2 has twice the power level of SSJ and many times more powerful than.

The power level (/combat power/fighting strength) does not indicate how many times it is strong.
Melkaniator wrote: "DBS anime is a fan service series that delivers irrelevant dialogue, inconsistent writing, and lazy designs.

The DB manga never had so many mistakes, nor those were this constant."

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:12 pm

STH wrote:SSJ = Base PL x50
SSJ2 = Base PL x100
SSJ3 = Base PL x400

SSJ Grade 3 = Ten times stronger than SSJ
We don't know how many times more powerful is SSJ2 than SSJ.
But we know, SSJ2 has twice the power level of SSJ and many times more powerful than.

The power level (/combat power/fighting strength) does not indicate how many times it is strong.
No, that's incorrect. Ssj2 is specifically twice the strength of Ssj. It's not 100x the base. The Super Exciting Guide specifically lists Ssj2's strength as twice that of Ssj.