When did Gero create his androids?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

When did Gero create his androids?

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:01 pm

We know it's after the Saiyan arc and before the Androids arc, so somewhere between Ages 762 and 767, but anything more specific?

Gog
I Live Here

Re: When did Gero create his androids?

Post by Gog » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:23 pm

We don't have any proper estimates, but I'd say around the hunt for the dragon balls arc or earlier? Maybe, possibly?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:10 pm

I'd estimate between the end of the Saiyan Saga and the end of Namek
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:53 pm

He's been building androids since before the start of the series, as evident by 8's existence. We know he was monitoring Son Goku constantly since the fall of the army till the end of the saiyans battle, but that doesn't mean he wasn't working on them simultaneously. He got all the way up to 18 after all.

Either way, as soon as he was satisfied he made his move. That means he was still working on them during and after Namek. Unless you believe Gero turned himself into an android and perfected 19, then just sat around for three years doing nothing.