What if Yamcha survived the Saibaiman

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Re: What if Yamcha survived the Saibaiman

Post by precita » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:54 am

Yamcha would have still died against Nappa like everyone else. Not see much of a difference here.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:15 am

I think the reason why they had Yamcha sparring with Tenshinhan mostly has to do with the rivalry that sparked back in the 22nd tournament; with that in mind, it makes sense for Yamcha specifically to be interested on sparring with him, who is much stronger.
precita wrote:Yamcha would have still died against Nappa like everyone else. Not see much of a difference here.
Agree. If Yamcha wasn't killed by the saibaiman, he would certainly be killed by Nappa eventually (probably his first victim) and the story would carry on as expected. But it would still be better.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:44 pm

Rubens wrote:I think the reason why they had Yamcha sparring with Tenshinhan mostly has to do with the rivalry that sparked back in the 22nd tournament; with that in mind, it makes sense for Yamcha specifically to be interested on sparring with him, who is much stronger.
I actually like the sparrings between Yamcha and Tien, and I understand the reasons behind it. I think the only problem I would have is that they sometimes exaggerate it and put Yamcha like if he was on Tien's level, and ridiculize Krillin to put him weaker than them (see all the fillers at the end of the King Piccolo arc and the Kami training in DBZ), when in fact that's not true.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:03 am

dragonball0900 wrote:
Rubens wrote:I think the reason why they had Yamcha sparring with Tenshinhan mostly has to do with the rivalry that sparked back in the 22nd tournament; with that in mind, it makes sense for Yamcha specifically to be interested on sparring with him, who is much stronger.
I actually like the sparrings between Yamcha and Tien, and I understand the reasons behind it. I think the only problem I would have is that they sometimes exaggerate it and put Yamcha like if he was on Tien's level, and ridiculize Krillin to put him weaker than them (see all the fillers at the end of the King Piccolo arc and the Kami training in DBZ), when in fact that's not true.
I'll have to agree with you. Not just in fillers but also in movies (it was probably worse in movies).
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:15 pm

Assuming the events of the Nappa fight stay the same....

The Saibaman tournament lasts a while longer. This is a big deal.
Chiaotzu and Tenshinhan probably still die, most likely in the same way. Yamcha may die against Nappa as well, but he may be able to work well enough with Krillin and Piccolo to drag it out a while longer.

The big thing that happens is that Goku arrives in time for Piccolo to survive. Let's just assume the Vegeta fight goes the same way as before, with everyone surviving.

So now you've got a dead Chiaotzu and Tenshinhan, with no need to go to Namek, since Piccolo's still alive, and they have no reason to think that Namekian Dragon Balls would be able to bring Chiaotzu back to life, so there's no driving need to go. They'd wait a year to bring back Tenshinhan, while Vegeta gets slaughtered on Namek when he goes to get the balls. Or.....Vegeta comes back after recovering and receiving his near-death power boost, and slaughters everyone on Earth besides Piccolo. So we might end up with a situation in which both Vegeta and Freeza achieve immortality by using separate sets of Dragon Balls.

That would be interesting.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"