Is Ten an alien?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gog
I Live Here

Is Ten an alien?

Post by Gog » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:08 am

Seems to be a phrase that pops up a lot whenever a Ten fan is trying to justify why Ten is the strongest earthling. But does the theory have any merit to itself?

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: Is Ten an alien?

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:18 am

There's nothing in the series proper, but various supplemental material does state that Tenshinhan is a descendant of aliens; with the blood of the Three-Eyed Clan somewhere in his lineage. However he's also still classified as an "Earthling" in said material rather than a pure alien or hybrid like would be done for Goku and Gohan respectively.

Make of that what you will.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:20 am

In Daizenshuu #4's racial guide, in Tenshinhan's listing within the Earthlings section, he was noted as "a descendant of the three-eyed tribe, who are themselves the descendants of aliens." So he has some very distant alien ancestry who-knows how many generations back, and this was what the guidebook came up with to justify his third eye and some of his freaky techniques. However, like I mentioned, it still grouped him in the Earthlings section, and of course the series itself never treats him as anything but an Earthling with a third eye.

I'd equate him to the playable Earthlings in Dragon Ball Online. They were all very distant descendants of Goku and Vegeta, but that Saiyan blood was so diluted after however many centuries that they were now virtually indistinguishable from normal Earthlings, and needed wishes to the Dragon Balls to bring out any special Saiyan racial traits like going Super Saiyan. Tenshinhan's the same way; he may have that 1% of alien blood in him from some ancestors of his getting freaky with space visitors, but it's so tiny and inconsequential that he still just counts as an Earthling.

Which means yes, he counts in the "strongest Earthling" running and is thus weaker than Kuririn.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:27 am

Here’s the source.

Basically, the guide describes Tenshinhan as a descendant of folks who themselves are a descendant of aliens, but he is still classified as an Earthling along with Kuririn, Yamcha, Kame-sennin, and the likes. Unlike Gohan and Pan who are classified as half Saiyan and quarter Saiyan respectively, Ten is simply classified as a martial artist Earthling along with the others.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:29 pm

Tenshinhan isn't an alien. He got his 3rd eye by meditating a lot, and even if he's stronger than Kuririn, he's still at the same level or even weaker than Uub.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Animelover5487
Beyond Newbie

Post by Animelover5487 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:03 pm

If a third eye makes Ten an alien then Kuririn must be one as well since he has no nose.
floofychan333 wrote:Tenshinhan isn't an alien. He got his 3rd eye by meditating a lot, and even if he's stronger than Kuririn, he's still at the same level or even weaker than Uub.
Uub is Kid Boo tier. Tenshinhan is nowhere near Uub's level.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:39 pm

For me, no. I think the whole idea of giving him some sort of alien ancestry does absolutly nothing in his favor, unlike the saiyans, for example: they are alien races with specific abilities that grant characters power-ups and transformations; in case of Tenshinhan, it is worthless and merely used as an excuse for his third eye (and by the same logic, maybe Kuririn, Chaozu and all of those animal people are aliens too) and it ruins some of the mystic of the fantastic Earth of Dragon Ball.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:40 pm

For me Tenshinhan is an hybrid warrior, more human than alien.