Chi-Chi should have trained Videl.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Chi-Chi should have trained Videl.

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:35 pm

Videl definitely has the potential for it and after all, Chi-Chi would probably rather make sure she has a strong daughter-in-law worthy of Gohan's love.

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Last edited by DBZAOTA482 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Chi-Chi should have trained Videl.

Post by DSB » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:55 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Videl definitely has the potential for it and after all, Chi-Chi would probably rather make sure she has a strong daughter-in-law worthy of Gohan's love.

I was inspired by this (by Scarz's artwork) :

[spoiler]Image
ImageImage
Image[/spoiler]
No point. Videl only wanted to learn flying which chi chi doesnt know.

Also Gohan is strong enough to protect videl from even the toughtest villains in the multiverse. Videl doenst need to know more

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:16 am

DSB wrote:No point. Videl only wanted to learn flying which chi chi doesnt know.
Its debatable on who between them was stronger but Chi Chi actually knowing formal martial arts would have at least taught her refined skill like Tenshinhan's as opposed to her just raw, rash aggression she had against Spopovich. Then again that would have mattered in Dragonball, and doesn't in Z.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:17 am

SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:
DSB wrote:No point. Videl only wanted to learn flying which chi chi doesnt know.
Its debatable on who between them was stronger but Chi Chi actually knowing formal martial arts would have at least taught her refined skill like Tenshinhan's as opposed to her just raw, rash aggression she had against Spopovich. Then again that would have mattered in Dragonball, and doesn't in Z.
Chi-Chi was killing T-rex' like it was nothing as a kid while Videl's feats only consist of beating up common thugs and breaking Spopovich's neck.

The only people who would seriously debate this are ignorant people.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

SingleFringe&Sparks

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:32 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:
Chi-Chi was killing T-rex' like it was nothing as a kid while Videl's feats only consist of beating up common thugs and breaking Spopovich's neck.

The only people who would seriously debate this are ignorant people.
With the laser and blade on her helmet not her bare hands. I really don't think 12 year old chi-chi could beat Videl hand to hand.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:41 pm

......Are people seriously just going to act like we didn't read that comic.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:59 pm

SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:With the laser and blade on her helmet not her bare hands.
A blade that she threw with her own strength and that was enough to kill the T-rex... not even strong men in real-life could possibly do that. Videl might be able to beat Kid Chi-Chi without her helmet but no way is she beating Chi-Chi beyond that.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:23 pm

the only training chi chi would offer videl is how to cook for gohan kun

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:08 pm

nickzambuto wrote:......Are people seriously just going to act like we didn't read that comic.
That's literally exactly what I was thinking

The guy literally just posted hentai in the original post and no one notices. I guess this is proof positive that people really don't read the original posts...

I'm sorry, but every single other person who posted in this thread, and repeatedly are individuals who I just have to assume don't bother to really read the threads they post in.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:20 pm

Since even Scarz censored this comic when she posted it, I'd recommend either doing the same or removing the more explicit pages from the OP at once before the feds mods come and get you.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:54 pm

Doctor. wrote:Since even Scarz censored this comic when she posted it, I'd recommend either doing the same or removing the more explicit pages from the OP at once before the feds mods come and get you.
I'm almost certain she didn't but Imma remove the more "raw" images. I'm not going out like that.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:59 pm

TheMikado wrote:
nickzambuto wrote:......Are people seriously just going to act like we didn't read that comic.
That's literally exactly what I was thinking

The guy literally just posted hentai in the original post and no one notices. I guess this is proof positive that people really don't read the original posts...

I'm sorry, but every single other person who posted in this thread, and repeatedly are individuals who I just have to assume don't bother to really read the threads they post in.
OR maybe they're all individuals who have simply become desensitized to Dragon Ball hentai and now treat it as a casual, everyday thing...

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:00 pm

DSB wrote: Also Gohan is strong enough to protect videl from even the toughtest villains in the multiverse. Videl doenst need to know more
Too bad he got knocked out cold when the monster was stealing her baby..
And was standing around powerless when freeza blew up earth and killed her and her baby with it.. :roll:
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:36 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
DSB wrote: Also Gohan is strong enough to protect videl from even the toughtest villains in the multiverse. Videl doenst need to know more
And was standing around powerless when freeza blew up earth and killed her and her baby with it.. :roll:
One. Talking about filler means you are just an idiot

Two. Freeza gained God power. I'm not sure anyone other than Goku Vegeta and now trunks could have stopped him.

Also, Golden Freeza is still the most power Universe 7 villain. That actually helps my point

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:49 pm

DSB wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
One. Talking about filler means you are just an idiot
Why thank you!
I will let your ignorance go this one time,
all of super is Canon, we can't pretend SS3 Gotenks vs Base Vegeta didn't happen, we can't pretend Barry Khan didn't exist, it all happened and is canon now..

No it dosen't help your point, you said he could protect her from the toughest of Villans and freeza was just that..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie

Post by DragonBallLove » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:09 pm

I like hentai. Just saying.

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:12 am

Hilarious.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

GigaDrill
Beyond Newbie

Post by GigaDrill » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:38 am

With the time that they had, I don't think Chichi could have trained Videl enough to make a difference in the fight with Spopovich
nickzambuto wrote:OR maybe they're all individuals who have simply become desensitized to Dragon Ball hentai and now treat it as a casual, everyday thing...
The Internet in general does that to people, especially when one peers too closely into the abyss