Are The Cell Jr's All The Same Level Of Strength?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Are The Cell Jr's All The Same Level Of Strength?

Post by theherodjl » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:19 am

I ask just due to the filler moment in which Yamcha & Ten managed to briefly overpower one, or could it have just been playing around? Why does Toei have to make Yamcha very ambiguously strong in random moments?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Re: Are The Cell Jr's All The Same Level Of Strength?

Post by dragonball0900 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:38 am

Yeah this is not the first time TOEI makes this to Yamcha. Look on the thread of "what if Yamcha survived against the Saibaman?" and see my reasons of how they make Yamcha stronger than Krillin during the 22nd Budokai and King Piccolo arc.

There's also some of the filler in Kami's training (such as when he lasted longer against the saiyans of the past than Krillin). And we also know how Yamcha did against Recoome in another filler. And another one where he was sparring against Krillin at Capsule's Corp. during the Cell arc, and Yamcha won. Then there's the vs with Olibu.

Even if it's good that they decide to give Yamcha some screentime and badass moments, they do ruin powerscalling, and confuse many DB fans weather or not those fights are real or not.

I'd say the Cell Jrs are indeed on the same level of strenght, but Toei decided to add some scenes for Yamcha to be a bit more relevant (even when in fact he wasn't).

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Are The Cell Jr's All The Same Level Of Strength?

Post by nickzambuto » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:04 pm

Why does Toei have to make Yamcha so ambiguously strong at random moments :lol: