What happened to Chi-Chi... again?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kishido
Banned

What happened to Chi-Chi... again?

Post by Kishido » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:01 pm

I now there is a lot of hate for Chi Chi and I think she deserves it but still I want to discuss one matter the most... Goten

I loved the fact that SHE trained him after Goku's death and was more easy on him after all. I thought maybe she learnt about the Gohan stuff but now everything is gone AGAIN in Super... She is basically behaving like with Gohan again and goes ape shit when Goten is up to train/fight.

I know she may is afraid of him becoming a second Goku... which is even more funny when she dressed him and gave him a haircut to look like Goku... but shouldn't see accept AGAIN to go more easy and that it is a natural Saiyan trait to do some fighting... Gohan still became a good family man after all and while he slacked off twice, he again seems to understand to go back in shape.

Not even talking about the bigger benefit for the whole world if Goten would become stronger to some degree... She more than once learned the horror of villians

That's where Bulma is better... She has no problem with Goten having some fun while he still studies.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: What happened to Chi-Chi... again?

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:24 pm

ChiChi is a mad cunt and that is all there is to it..
No amount of telling how whatever she does is being such a good mother is going to change that..
Saiyans like fighting at a level, some deeper than others, even gohan acknowledged his Saiyan blood in goku vs toppo fight..
If you love music with a passion but your mom lunges at every single chance you could maybe say hi to music, that's being a shit mother who only cares about herself and is doing it to satisfy her but guises it as caring for your future, the sad part is even she dosen't even understand it
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:14 pm

Because they need an excuse to keep Goten out the plot and Toei only knows how to write Chi-Chi in a certain way.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:27 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Because they need an excuse to keep Goten out the plot and Toei only knows how to write Chi-Chi in a certain way.
I'm really not sure why they're excluding Goten so much.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu