What is Videls power level?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

What is Videls power level?

Post by Captain Strawberry » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:09 pm

I am actually quite interested.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Gog
I Live Here

Re: What is Videls power level?

Post by Gog » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:10 pm

15? 20? She's not that strong compared to everything else.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:53 pm

Gog wrote:15? 20? She's not that strong compared to everything else.
No way she's that high, Kid Goku is only at 10 and he's far stronger than her.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:55 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Well then she's a 4 or a 3.5 then.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:05 pm

Maybe 10 and that's being generous.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:06 pm

Gog wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
The farmer, who probably had no martial arts training, was 5. No way someone who is stronger than Hercule (direct quote from Gohan) is weaker than a farmer.

All we really know is that Hercule is weaker than Videl. But I've always been hesitant on putting her at or lower than 10. Others may try to bring up the bullet argument from DB, but saiyans have tougher skin than humans. It actually did hurt Goku when he was shot, either way.
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:12 pm

Eternal Super Saiyan wrote:
Gog wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: No way she's that high, Kid Goku is only at 10 and he's far stronger than her.
The farmer, who probably had no martial arts training, was 5. No way someone who is stronger than Hercule (direct quote from Gohan) is weaker than a farmer.

All we really know is that Hercule is weaker than Videl. But I've always been hesitant on putting her at or lower than 10. Others may try to bring up the bullet argument from DB, but saiyans have tougher skin than humans. It actually did hurt Goku when he was shot, either way.
Goku was definitely way stronger than Videl in the beginning of the series, even disregarding bullets. I can't picture Videl lifting a car, crushing a small boulder between his arms, or taking down Yamcha. At best we can say Videl was on par with Yamcha, but not Goku. But Yamcha still has the Wolf Fang Fist that sent Goku crashing through stone pillars, so I'd even give him the edge as well.

ahill1
Regular

Post by ahill1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:26 pm

I think having her around 8 makes sense.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:31 pm

I'd honestly place Videl's power level as something around 20 or 30, really. Remember that "power level" as graded by numbers is just a raw measurement of ki, not necessarily what you do with it. She was already promising and naturally talented in that department, surpassing Mr. Satan and with Gohan being able to sense her from miles away when she fought, and that was before she got training specifically focused on using her ki. Even if most of her effort went towards learning to fly and her other attributes didn't improve as much, I'm sure it still brought out a good amount of dormant power for her just in terms of ki at her disposal.

As for comparisons to start-of-DB kid Goku, I agree that Goku's had more going for him strength- and toughness-wise than someone else with a PL of 10 thanks to his Saiyan physiology. Trying to force Videl's post-training power level down to less than 10 just because kid Goku had better feats of physical strength seems unnecessarily picky and strict to me.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:43 pm

A power level of 20-30 would put her in the same league as 21st Budokai Goku and Roshi.

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:15 pm

Kaboom wrote:blah
While I agree with almost everything you've said, I think putting her at a 20 or 30 is a bit much. I'd stick Videl at a 10 or 15. She's about as good at Ki stuff as Goku was at the start of the series (except Goku learned to blow stuff up instead of how to fly), but he's way stronger physically, due to his extra tough Saiyan biology.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:16 pm

(TheUltimateNinja, I'm sorry, I goofed and hit the "Edit" button on your post instead of the "Quote" button, and didn't notice until after I'd finished and then saw your post saying what I meant to type. If you can't edit your post any longer, then please PM to me what you had written and I'll replace it.)
TheUltimateNinja wrote:A power level of 20-30 would put her in the same league as 21st Budokai Goku and Roshi.
Says who? We don't have official power levels for those guys, and like I pointed out it's reasonable to assume that Goku got an extra edge in physical traits from being a Saiyan. He's probably the worst possible benchmark of what a PL of 10 can normally do, and it's pretty obvious he was far more than 2x stronger than an average human.

Again, power level as represented by a scouter number is just the raw amount of ki someone has at their disposal. It doesn't guarantee anything about their "stats" or abilities. I think it's perfectly reasonable to think Videl's power level increased substantially from her specifically ki-oriented training, even if she didn't do much with it besides flying.
DanielSSJ wrote:While I agree with almost everything you've said, I think putting her at a 20 or 30 is a bit much. I'd stick Videl at a 10 or 15. She's about as good at Ki stuff as Goku was at the start of the series (except Goku learned to blow stuff up instead of how to fly), but he's way stronger physically, due to his extra tough Saiyan biology.
Yeah, maybe. But I think my main point is that it seems unreasonable to force her under 10 because, like I said, logically start-of-DB Goku is a pretty bad representation of what a PL of 10 would normally be able to do. I'd insist that Videl is just comfortably into the double-digits. Around 20 seems fine, and 30 might be high-balling her a bit. On my personal list, I actually put her right in-between at 25.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:51 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:A power level of 20-30 would put her in the same league as 21st Budokai Goku and Roshi.
I don't really think so. I'd put that Goku and Roshi at like 60 and 65. With early Goku being just 30, meaning that he doubled his strenght after training with Roshi.

I just think that 10 is too low for all the feats Goku got. I mean, it's just twice a human's strenght, and I don't think someone who lifts cars, or resists bullets (let's face it, Roshi and Krillin are shown to resist bullets too, although they hurt more than to Goku's) are feats that wouldn't be able to make to a human's body.

Also, I'm ok with Videl to be at least a 20 (30 no, because I think that's too much). 20 seems a reasonable number for a human that is not on a different league from the ordinary, such as early DB Yamcha, Krillin and Goku. These are my numbers:

Mr Satan - 15

Videl - 20

BOD Krillin - 25

BOD Yamcha - 26

BOD Goku - 30

I already made a power level list that starts from Goku's 30 up to Goku's 416 in the Raditz arc, and it certainly works. All you have to do is just ignore Old Piccolo's "less than half of his power" and take it as false statement and he would be just lying about it, because if you take it that much into account then it ruins some things such as Roshi's 139 from DB. I managed to make the difference between Old Piccolo and Goku to be somewhat like Vegeta vs Monster Zarbon, a 1.25 of difference between them. Here's my progression of Goku, as well as the levels of enemies like Tao and King Piccolo:

BOD Goku - 30

21st Budokai Goku - 60

Tao Pai Pai - 80

Post Korin Goku - 90

22nd Budokai Goku - 50

Old King Piccolo - 187.5

Post Water Goku/King Piccolo - 210-220

23rd Budokai Goku - 380

Raditz Arc Goku - 416

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:10 pm

There are some valid points brought up, however we do clearly see characters in DB accomplish power levels 4-6x Goku's early DB power level without total control of their own ki. Many characters haven't actually mastered controlling their ki until sometime later. For example, it was unusual in the 22nd Budokai to have someone flying. This tells me characters didn't have 100% control of their ki or just didn't try messing with ki yet entirely and we have characters at least near or over a power level of 100 by a small margin.

I just have a feeling that some people think if someone can't use their ki, that they can't be over 10.

Thirdly, how could Gohan easily tell a difference in someone's ki if for example Hercule is 7 and Videl is 8? With Saiyans in the Buu Saga at such ridiculous numbers I don't see Gohan making those sorts of comparisons.
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:52 pm

I'm sure she's way over the 20 everyone seems to put her at. She's stronger than her father and I would personally place him at 30.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

AloversGaming
Beyond Newbie

Post by AloversGaming » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:54 pm

If a middle aged, overweight farmer is a 5, than Videl would easily be at least 4 to 5 times stronger than him.