Kid Buu vs Evil Buu

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Perfectionist-Cell
Beyond Newbie

Re: Kid Buu vs Evil Buu

Post by Perfectionist-Cell » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:10 pm

Saturnine wrote:
supersaiyangodgogeta wrote:
Saturnine wrote: Super Buu is vastly superior to Kid Buu though, so for someone trying to sound smart you seem to be missing quite a basic concept there. Also, making Good Buu stronger just to fit with it doesn't do you any favors either.

Super Buu is a fused entity, his power is way more than just the sum of his parts. When Piccolo merged with Kami, his power didn't increase by 300 (Kami's powerlevel), instead it increased several times over. Super Buu is a fusion tier character who shits on Kid Buu.
Pure Boo is stated to be stronger, so that's what it is. It doesn't really matter what you think is a basic concept. Good Boo after being spit out of Pure Boo is at his original strength because being eaten joined him with his other half, so all of the Kaioshin power went back to him.
Nowhere in the manga is it stated that Super Buu is weaker than Kid Buu. On the contrary, Goku says to Vegeta that if they leave Super Buu's insides unfused, they will die fighting him. On the other hand, Goku could give pause to Kid Buu. This is direct proof, you can choose to disregard it, but you'll be in the wrong.

Well if you ask me Goku saying Super Buu would trash him without giving it any sort of effort to try is simply out of character. Every major villain Goku has fought thus far is stronger than him and yet he has found some way to defeat them all. People have told Goku he would lose and he would still give it a shot but here he is simply just not going to try because we needed another form of Buu.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:57 pm

Perfectionist-Cell wrote: Well if you ask me Goku saying Super Buu would trash him without giving it any sort of effort to try is simply out of character. Every major villain Goku has fought thus far is stronger than him and yet he has found some way to defeat them all. People have told Goku he would lose and he would still give it a shot but here he is simply just not going to try because we needed another form of Buu.
It's not that much out of character. The same happened with Raditz. I think that Goku's liking of fighting strong opponents has limits when it comes to how big a power gap is. If the opponent is like over twice his own strenght, then I think Goku is aware that he has no chance on winning.

Speedster
Regular

Post by Speedster » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:47 pm

dragonball0900 wrote:It was never stated that Pure Boo was the strongest, he was stated to be the most troublesome, but not the strongest. Super Buu is far stronger because of two reasons:

- Goku said that he wouldn't be able to fight Super Buu at all, even with SSJ3 it would still be nothing. Super Buu just stomps him at that time.
Goku reacted in a very similar way against Kid Buu too when he said he couldn’t stop his energy blast that was about to destroy the Earth. He didn't even try to turn SSJ3 and fire back a Kamehameha of his own. Instead he opted to teleport away and let the Earth blow up without attempting to save it. And here is where all the arguments of Super Buu>Kid Buu fall apart…
dragonball0900 wrote:- SSJ Gotenks was stated to be above Majin Vegeta in the guidebooks. Imagine they are around the same strenght (although I have Gotenks stronger). SSJ2 Goku and Majin Vegeta are a 2, as well as SSJ Gotenks. Logically SSJ3 Goku is a 8 (because of multipliers), who is equal to Pure Buu. Gotenks transforms into a SSJ3, and that would make him into a 16, like two times SSJ3 Goku's strenght.

That would mean that Super Buu is like over two times Kid Buu's strenght. And with Goku stating that he wouldn't fight Super Buu at all because of the gap between him and Super Buu, it's basically all covered.
That is assuming that Super Saiyan transformations are fixed multipliers and the Saiyans cannot improve. Toriyama will disagree with this…
Toriyama Akira wrote:Only, Saiyans rapidly increase in strength as they fight against strong opponents, so the longer they fought, the more that gap would shrink, and it might even be possible for them to eventually turn the tables.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:32 pm

Speedster wrote:Goku reacted in a very similar way against Kid Buu too when he said he couldn’t stop his energy blast that was about to destroy the Earth. He didn't even try to turn SSJ3 and fire back a Kamehameha of his own. Instead he opted to teleport away and let the Earth blow up without attempting to save it. And here is where all the arguments of Super Buu>Kid Buu fall apart…
You forget that this attack was intented to destroy the earth completely, and there was no time to do something to avoid it, specially since they were equals in power. If Kid Buu was much weaker than Goku, then yeah Goku could've done something to avoid the earth's destruction. But no, Kid Buu was nearly as strong as Goku, obviously it would be difficult for him to stop Kid Buu's earth destruction attack.

Goku was also determined to fight Kid Buu, since he noted that Kid Buu was much weaker in ki than Super Buu, that's stated in the series. Super Buu, on the other hand, was stated to be someone that Goku is not able to fight, and would need the fusion to do it. Alone with the SSJ3 would be suicide for Goku.

Speedster wrote:That is assuming that Super Saiyan transformations are fixed multipliers and the Saiyans cannot improve. Toriyama will disagree with this…
Toriyama Akira wrote:Only, Saiyans rapidly increase in strength as they fight against strong opponents, so the longer they fought, the more that gap would shrink, and it might even be possible for them to eventually turn the tables.
It's said that they increase in strenght, but it never says that it increases the multiplier. The multipliers I gave don't contradict on anything at all. It's more the opposite, they work just fine! You don't have to use these multipliers, but you will not deny that they work with what is seen in the series, will you?

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:25 am

Goku admitting he has no chance against Super Buu isn't out of character. Goku likes a good challenge, but that's if someone's within his ability to beat. Super Buu could be anywhere from 2 to even 10 or more times as strong as SSj3 Goku, according to varying estimates and whether you keep the 50x multiplier for SSj. Also, he did say these words, so you can only either accept them as a factual assessment, or think he was lying. Yeah, I've encountered this argument - one guy insisted that Goku only said they would die if they came out of Buu without fusing to spare Vegeta's feelings. Too bad they've already had that talk a battle ago before they fused into Vegetto. At this point such a move by Goku would be senseless and unjustified, so I just take what he said at face value.

Combined with Goku saying a warrior stronger than him would come to fight Buu soon (and he was only aware of Goten and Trunks being able to go SSj1) and we've got a clear-cut power relationship here.

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:29 pm

I think it's pretty simple. Good Boo (Fat Boo without evil) seemingly put up a better fight against Pure Boo (the original childlike one) than Pure Evil Boo (the thin gray one), because the latter fight was cut short when Good Boo got hit with his own candy beam. Not to mention that Pure Boo is an extremely reckless fighter who lets himself get hit with attacks only to regenerate later.

Going with the idea that Boo's power was actually divided seems to be the simplest way to do things, and that each fission possesses a fraction of Fat Boo's original strength. Something like...
Fat Boo: 10
-- Good Boo: 4
-- Pure Evil Boo: 6

Of course you could go with the idea that Pure Evil Boo represents some dormant evil power that Fat Boo couldn't normally access, and that Good Boo didn't actually lose any of his present strength. Something like this.
Fat Boo: 10 (rises to 15 with anger)
-- Good Boo: 10 (no longer powers up with anger)
-- Pure Evil Boo: 15

In both scenarios, Pure Boo would be a 20.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

MaxZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MaxZ » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:45 am

imo all the power of Evil Buu was latent power, ergo Evil Buu is stronger than Fat Buu's placid state before, and also stronger than Kid Buu who no longer has the latent power of the Kaoishins Buu absorbed.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:51 am

dragonball0900 wrote:I'm currently making a power level list for the Buu arc. But I'm having problems with how strong the gray Buu is.

What it's stated is that Majin Buu (Fat Buu) splitted up his power between the good Buu and the evil Buu. It was stated that Evil Buu took most of Fat Buu's strenght. Making it more like a 40%/60% division. Good Buu would be the 40%, and Evil Buu would be the 60%. Since they are much weaker than the original Fat Buu, therefore they should also be much weaker than SSJ3 Goku, as well as Kid Buu.

However, the problem comes that Good Buu manages to fight Kid Buu better than what he did against Evil Buu, and Evil Buu has to be weaker than Kid Buu.

Do you know how things would be here?
Imo, the issue is the following:

- Fat Buu should be stronger than Kid Buu since he is Kid Buu plus the power of South Kaioshin and Dai Kaioshin, but he isn't because the godly good nature of Dai Kaioshin has conflicted with Buu and actually made him lose power.

- Evil Buu is most of Fat Buu's theoretical power without the conflict caused by the Kaioshin holding him back.

So, my conclusion is that, actually, Evil Buu should be stronger than you are thinking. In my estimate, he is probably as strong as Kid Buu and the only reason Good Buu managed to last more against Kid Buu was because Good Buu learned from his previous fight and was more careful.
Perfectionist-Cell wrote:

Well if you ask me Goku saying Super Buu would trash him without giving it any sort of effort to try is simply out of character.
I don't think it is. Goku, like Vegeta and other saiyans, gets excited about a challenge, but he is still capable of feeling fear and is usually able to recognize when someone is waaaay stronger.

That's the difference between Kid buu and Super Buu. Kid Buu is a proper challenge for Goku. He is strong, but Goku can foresee being able to win and is excited to test himself against such a challenge, which is why he even rejects the potaras. Super Buu, on the hand, can't be considered a challenge because Goku can't foresee any way to win without fusion, so, instead of excitement being his main emotion, what he feels is apprehension and fear about facing him.

Perfectionist-Cell
Beyond Newbie

Post by Perfectionist-Cell » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:39 pm

dragonball0900 wrote:
Perfectionist-Cell wrote: Well if you ask me Goku saying Super Buu would trash him without giving it any sort of effort to try is simply out of character. Every major villain Goku has fought thus far is stronger than him and yet he has found some way to defeat them all. People have told Goku he would lose and he would still give it a shot but here he is simply just not going to try because we needed another form of Buu.
It's not that much out of character. The same happened with Raditz. I think that Goku's liking of fighting strong opponents has limits when it comes to how big a power gap is. If the opponent is like over twice his own strenght, then I think Goku is aware that he has no chance on winning.
Goku fights Beerus. Who is far above him and gets 2 shotted even after being warned not to fight him Goku continually keeps fighting him. Goku had no real chance to beat Beerus his planet would of blown up then and there if Beerus didn't go to sleep and yet he was still willing to fight along side the other z fighters.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:45 am

1. Evil buu was not sensed from Kaioshin realm while Kid buu was sensed on earth from Kaioshin realm.
2. Vegeta laughed at the idea of facing skinny buu, but kid buu manhandled SS3 goku, fat buu and SS2 vegeta.
3. Fat buu was stated to have lost power while facing evil buu, but no such thing was stated against kid buu.
4. Kid buu beat fat buu to death literally, and he wasn't even serious. Evil buu looked to do better, but the fight was not that one-sided.
5. Kid buu was pushing against Genki-dama rather easily, despite it being more than sufficient enough to kill him, showing that he was more powerful than previously estimated.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza