DBS Goku SSJ stronger than GT SSJ4 Goku?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Potara_Vegetto

DBS Goku SSJ stronger than GT SSJ4 Goku?

Post by Potara_Vegetto » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:22 pm

After the ritual, Goku maintained the strength of the God form in his base form, we know that the God form is above Vegetto SSJ of Boo saga. After feeling the power of Freeza, Gohan said that he never felt such a huge ki before, and when he said that Freeza was in his 1st form. So... Freeza 1st form is above Super Boo Gotenks, Freeza on his final form Is equivalent to the ritual Super Saiyan God. Goku base in DBS are stronger than Vegetto SSJ because he got the power of the SSGod in his base form, we know that Vegetto SSJ and Goku SSJ4 are equal in terms of power. That makes the actual base form or Super Saiyan 1 form Goku in DBS stronger than Vegetto SSJ and Goku SSJ4. Whis took Vegeta because of that, Goku was so strong at this point, Goku fighting Beerus (Monaka) in base form prove that. The GT Goku has the power of Kid Boo in his base form, DBS Goku already surpassed any person at Boo saga.

I'm sorry for my english, i'm brazilian.

supersaiyangodgogeta
Regular

Re: DBS Goku SSJ stronger than GT SSJ4 Goku?

Post by supersaiyangodgogeta » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:07 pm

No, obviously not. GT continuity wise comes after Super, so GT Goku is just a stronger version of Super/DBZ Goku.

ryan s
Temporarily Banned

Post by ryan s » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:13 pm

a simple way to look at it is

1) SSJ Goku was stated to be hitting Beerus with power capable of destroying the universe

2) Omega shenron, who's sole goal it was to destroy the universe as stated himself, chose a method that would take ages to destroy the universe ie taking "soon" per galaxy, he clearly lacked the power to do it in one go or even wipe out millions of galaxy's at a time and add the fact a universal spirit bomb killed him. SSJ Goku stomps

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:37 am

supersaiyangodgogeta wrote:No, obviously not. GT continuity wise comes after Super, so GT Goku is just a stronger version of Super/DBZ Goku.
No, they exist in different continuities. GT's continuity cannot coincide with Super's continuity, so as far as GT is concerned, nothing notable at all happened during the ten years between the defeat of Buu and the 28th Budoukai. As such, you can't say that Goku in GT would naturally be stronger than Goku in Super because GT took place after.

Potara_Vegetto

Post by Potara_Vegetto » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:27 am

supersaiyangodgogeta wrote:No, obviously not. GT continuity wise comes after Super, so GT Goku is just a stronger version of Super/DBZ Goku.
GT is an side-story. GT is not the real DBZ sequel. We know that because: Base form Goku in GT is as strong as Kid Boo in Z, the Freeza 1st form it's already stronger than Super Boo Gotenks, and Goku fought his final form using the base form. In Namekusei, Freeza 1st form has 530.000 of power and at his final form he has 60.000.000, the multiplier is above 100 times. Freeza 2st form is already above Super Boo Gohan, Freeza final form is more than 100 times stronger than Super Boo Gohan.

Goku base form in DBS > Vegetto SSJ <> Goku SSJ 4 > Super Boo Gohan

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:40 pm

SSj Goku is stronger than SSj Vegetto, but only during his battle with Beerus.

Then we get godly empowered base Goku in RoF and Potaufeu sagas, also stronger than Vegetto.

But in U6 and Zamasu arcs this godly base power seems to have been retconned, so it no longer applies, just how SSj God/ godly empowered base Goku being 60% of Beerus' full power no longer applies either.

Asura

Post by Asura » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:28 pm

It's really not even worth trying to figure out power levels (and I don't mean literal power levels, but rather how each character compares to one another in terms of strength) in Super. The entire thing is completely screwy, and I don't think you'll really get anywhere in trying to figure out who's stronger than who. Even doubly so for something like GT vs Super power levels.

But if I had to guess, I would say SSJ4 Goku is as strong, if not stronger than DBS Goku SSJ.

ryan s
Temporarily Banned

Post by ryan s » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:03 pm

Asura wrote:It's really not even worth trying to figure out power levels (and I don't mean literal power levels, but rather how each character compares to one another in terms of strength) in Super. The entire thing is completely screwy, and I don't think you'll really get anywhere in trying to figure out who's stronger than who. Even doubly so for something like GT vs Super power levels.

But if I had to guess, I would say SSJ4 Goku is as strong, if not stronger than DBS Goku SSJ.
sorry but no way is SSJ4 Goku a universe buster

Asura

Post by Asura » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:40 pm

ryan s wrote:
Asura wrote:It's really not even worth trying to figure out power levels (and I don't mean literal power levels, but rather how each character compares to one another in terms of strength) in Super. The entire thing is completely screwy, and I don't think you'll really get anywhere in trying to figure out who's stronger than who. Even doubly so for something like GT vs Super power levels.

How can you say for sure? Like I said power levels are completely screwy in Super, and honestly in the entire series in general. Roshi was able to destroy the moon in Dragonball. His "power level" was like, around 100. SSJ4 is like what, a billion times that? A trillion times that? I think GT tried to keep things a lot more grounded, nothing crazy like destroying planets as we saw at the end of the Buu saga, but if they decided to go completely balls to the wall crazy all out, I don't see why SSJ4 couldn't have the power to match DBS SSJ Goku.

ryan s
Temporarily Banned

Post by ryan s » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:09 pm

Asura wrote:
ryan s wrote:

How can you say for sure? Like I said power levels are completely screwy in Super, and honestly in the entire series in general. Roshi was able to destroy the moon in Dragonball. His "power level" was like, around 100. SSJ4 is like what, a billion times that? A trillion times that? I think GT tried to keep things a lot more grounded, nothing crazy like destroying planets as we saw at the end of the Buu saga, but if they decided to go completely balls to the wall crazy all out, I don't see why SSJ4 couldn't have the power to match DBS SSJ Goku.
because omega shenron couldn't do it and had to do it over time and being a billion or trillion times roshi still does not make a universe buster, hell it wouldn't even make you galaxy level. Super introduced the first universe busters into the series SSJ Goku would one shot