Which Human character would you incorporate in past stories and why?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Which Human character would you incorporate in past stories and why?

Post by PsionicWarrior » Thu May 25, 2017 7:57 pm

Hey mate can you please stop spamming my inbox with PMs redirecting to your threads please thanks cheers lol

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu May 25, 2017 9:10 pm

I have already asked them to stop doing that; it's a rather inappropriate and counter-productive way to get people interested. If it continues, please report the posts via the built-in functionality so a moderator can take action.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Fri May 26, 2017 8:14 am

First of all I want to thank our admin who didn't only not removed the idiotic/allegedly insulting post by this guy who commented above him towards me, which in between the lines shows his great concerns for this community ("no foul language or inapropriate behavior, but I'll accept mockery in one's thread cause he got on my nerves"). Give a nice round of applause for Mike from NJ!! What a great way to build a lovely community! :lol:

Now for the main course: I would portray the Battle of Gods movie and arc differently with how the battle with Beerus went before Goku arrived. The Majin Buu pudding incident goes as is (only with Whis using his staff to see who's Buu as he speculates he heard his name or saw something that looked like him somewhere), Satan tries to step in and is pushed aside by Buu and Beerus, the rumble goes as is and Buu is defeated again and again till he is too weak to continue, Gohan goes Mysitc (or simply charges to maximum) and challenges Beerus (despite being drunk, he manages to handle better than Buu, who then steps in again and Beerus pummels him into Gohan a few times and throws them down from the sky to the ship or to Bulma's garden - by the version of the story), Piccolo is amazed even Gohan was defeated with such ease, Gotenks tries to handle him with SSJ3 and gets "educated" as is in the original script, then Roshi asks the rest of the Z-Fighters to join in and land a hand, due to not sensing his God Ki he mistakenly thinks that this enemy should be weaker than Kid Buu (plus he doesn't seems to be able to regenerate himself, so they're optimistic) - Vegeta is peeing in his pants with fear off Beerus and so does Dende who warns Piccolo that Beerus may be a God, Piccolo who is worried decides there's no option to avoid fighting, gets his heavy weighted clothes off and begin powering up to max opting to shoot a Full Power Makankosappo and tells the other his plan, Android 18 tries to attack with melee and ki blasts but is taken out with a chop stick tap to the forehead, Chiaotzu flies behind Beerus and tries his psychic powers to bind Beerus' body, Tien jumps up in front of the God of Destruction and shoots a massive Neo-Tri-Beam, it has no affect on him, Beerus smiles and defeats Chiaotzu with flicking his pinky at his forehead sending him flying down, and Tien gets the same treatment only with Beerus' index finger. Yamcha, Krillin and Roshi are next (Chi-Chi takes care of Marron), they try afterimage technique with Full-Power-Kamehameha from 3 sides (Yamcha & Krillin in mid-air surrounding him with fake copies of themselves and Roshi in his buff form standing beneath Beerus on the ground), this fails too and the purple cat god replies with a swift two fingers hit to Yamcha's neck side, to Krillin's stomach and into Roshi back. Piccolo fires his Special Beam Cannon and there is a direct hit, the smoke clears and it's revealed Beerus tanked it with his paw. Vegeta sees there is no escape and engages in the battle with all going as follow in the film and anime. Yes, I prefer actual fighting than just getting defeated with ease in less than a minute with a kiai.

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Fri May 26, 2017 8:31 am

Israelite Wolfman wrote:First of all I want to thank our admin who didn't only not removed the idiotic/allegedly insulting post by this guy who commented above him towards me, which in between the lines shows his great concerns for this community ("no foul language or inapropriate behavior, but I'll accept mockery in one's thread cause he got on my nerves").
My post is not mocking just a simple request I hope you can comply with cheers lol

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Fri May 26, 2017 9:12 am

Israelite Wolfman wrote:First of all I want to thank our admin who didn't only not removed the idiotic/allegedly insulting post by this guy who commented above him towards me, which in between the lines shows his great concerns for this community ("no foul language or inapropriate behavior, but I'll accept mockery in one's thread cause he got on my nerves"). Give a nice round of applause for Mike from NJ!! What a great way to build a lovely community! :lol:
A polite request to stop sending unsolicited messages is not a violation of any rules. However, sending those messages, even after a warning from an administrator, most certainly is.

What you're doing isn't normal behavior, and as you can see, is clearly making some users uncomfortable. This is only worsened by your rather extreme, and frankly, abnormal reactions when asked to stop.

If you're finding the responses to your threads lacking, then perhaps it's time to sit back, think about why that's happening, and improve the content of your posts from here on out.

That's how you build a lovely community. :thumbup:
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Generico Garbagio
Beyond Newbie

Post by Generico Garbagio » Fri May 26, 2017 11:48 am

I LIKE THE DRAMA PLZ DON'T LET IT STOP!

I would add a Yamcha in this thread for good measure though. Maybe Yamcha keeps waiting for a PM invite to a topic that will never come? Someone should write a manga about that! I would definitely read it maybe.

Other than that though, I was never much of a fan of humans in Dragon Ball. I like when they're present in festivities, slices of life and the likes, but I think they should stick to having only Saiyans and a few others to be relevant when it comes to fighting. I like how the earth always has to rely on a bunch of random aliens to save it. The only time I thought a human's role was played well was when Mr Satan befriended Majin Buu.

If you did read it please tell me how.

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Sat May 27, 2017 5:02 pm

YajirobiTheGreat wrote:Yajirobe could get his potential unlocked by Guru, then later kill Guldo with a surprise attack. He could go out to help Goku fight Frieza only to be too scared when he senses Frieza's power level and go back.

Though I would prefer he and Roshi go to Namek, stay in the background, Yajirobe get his potential unlocked, and then do nothing with it.
Yajirobe having his potential unlocked by Guru... that is an interesting idea. The guy was clearly among the strongest on Earth around the time when Goku met him, despite being pretty "nonathletic" in terms of his physique and lifestyle in general, so he obviously had some sort of potential, but was held back by his laziness and gluttony. I wonder how strong he could've became had he applied himself...
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Sun May 28, 2017 6:29 am

I wouldn't mind having an episode (while Goku is on his way to Namek) where Piccolo, Tien, Yamcha & Chiaotzu are on their way to King Kai's planet and have a stop at Princess Snake's harem, where she tries to seduce Yamcha and leads him to the softub while her minion snake ladies try to hit on Piccolo (who finds himself pushed to the corner in this bizarre situation as he's asexual), Tien and Chiaotzu (who don't comply either). Once Yamcha is there all cozy and the Princess is ready to have some "good time" with her mate before eating him, Yamcha recalls Bulma and has second thoughts about cheating on her (so what if he's dead?), Princess Snake tries to put him under her spell but he just runs away with her chasing after him, she had enough and orders her servants to attack the four, they try to but gets owned with quite ease by the dead Z-Fighters, then they escape the "palace" and return to Snake Way, where the Princess transforms into her true Snake Form and tries to attack them. Chiaotzu tries to hold her off with his psychic powers but he can barely hold her for a minute. They manage to set a tactic where Yamcha and Chiaotzu keep her busy by attacking with both melee and ki attacks from two sides at once while Tien & Piccolo will charge their power levels to the maximum, she is slightly hurt but it's not enough to break her spirit, she leaps at Chiaotzu hoping to bite and eat him, Tien jumps in and uses Taioken that blinds her, he proceeds to shoot a Tri-Beam at her but she's not down yet (60% damage), Piccolo decides he had enough, yells at his friends to clear the way and shoots a HUGE energy ball (as he did against Android 17) that erased the giant snake and it's harem. They all have a laugh and continue running towards King Kai's planet.

The scene in today's DBS episode (92) where Tien is hesitating over Krillin's suggestion for a sparring match should be a hint by Toei/Toriyama to settle the debates of who between them is the strongest Human.

Generico Garbagio
Beyond Newbie

Post by Generico Garbagio » Mon May 29, 2017 10:32 am

Israelite Wolfman wrote:The scene in today's DBS episode (92) where Tien is hesitating over Krillin's suggestion for a sparring match should be a hint by Toei/Toriyama to settle the debates of who between them is the strongest Human.
He basically seemed half scared of even sparring with Krillin, though. I have the feeling they're trying to set Tien up as the tournament's Yamcha, even if Roshi *should* be weaker than him.

That reminds me of a time someone said something like... "who knows, maybe Tien'd be the next meme after Yamcha? laying on the ground. Don't let the drama over, I would love to see him bleeding & cry." Not sure that person was talking about Tien but it's not very important, probably! :wink:

If you did read it please tell me how.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:56 am

I wouldn't change too much except having Snow and Eighter be major supporting characters. Always loved the friendship they had with Goku.

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:20 pm

Jigurashi wrote:I wouldn't change too much except having Snow and Eighter be major supporting characters. Always loved the friendship they had with Goku.
Suno and 8er are two of a few characters I wish could've played a bigger role in the series, along with Bora, Upa and Nam.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:33 pm

TheZFighter wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:I wouldn't change too much except having Snow and Eighter be major supporting characters. Always loved the friendship they had with Goku.
Suno and 8er are two of a few characters I wish could've played a bigger role in the series, along with Bora, Upa and Nam.
Yeah, I wish all those characters stuck with the main cast.

Colonel Silver
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Colonel Silver » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:17 pm

I would have had Colonel Silver become a major antagonist or anti-hero after defecting from the Red Ribbon Army. I didn't really give much thought as to how that would effect the story however. I just always thought he had an awesome character design and a cool send off that left you wanting more of the character. I can't tell you how disappointed I was as a kid when I found out that Silver was fodder. I was fired up when I saw Silver take out all those boxers, I was like, wow, this guy is gonna be a serious threat and then he went got no sold and forgotten. Then eventually killed by Kid Buu along with everyone on Earth. Probably never to be revived. Rip.

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:23 am

Jigurashi wrote:
TheZFighter wrote:
Yeah, I wish all those characters stuck with the main cast.
Even not necessarily as main characters, but at least just reappearing...

Launch as well. Dragon Ball original who just disappeared.
Colonel Silver wrote:I would have had Colonel Silver become a major antagonist or anti-hero after defecting from the Red Ribbon Army. I didn't really give much thought as to how that would effect the story however. I just always thought he had an awesome character design and a cool send off that left you wanting more of the character. I can't tell you how disappointed I was as a kid when I found out that Silver was fodder. I was fired up when I saw Silver take out all those boxers, I was like, wow, this guy is gonna be a serious threat and then he went got no sold and forgotten. Then eventually killed by Kid Buu along with everyone on Earth. Probably never to be revived. Rip.
I feel this way about a few of the RRA characters. They were too good to just never appear again. My favourites were Silvar, Murasaki and Blue.
Z-Fighters fan.

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:02 am

Colonel Silver wrote:I would have had Colonel Silver become a major antagonist or anti-hero after defecting from the Red Ribbon Army. I didn't really give much thought as to how that would effect the story however. I just always thought he had an awesome character design and a cool send off that left you wanting more of the character. I can't tell you how disappointed I was as a kid when I found out that Silver was fodder. I was fired up when I saw Silver take out all those boxers, I was like, wow, this guy is gonna be a serious threat and then he went got no sold and forgotten. Then eventually killed by Kid Buu along with everyone on Earth. Probably never to be revived. Rip.
I would like it if Colonel Silver (gotta agree the dude got a very fine design) would be the real estate villain I've described earlier in this thread (the one who attacks the Tribe of Bora & Upa) to show he was evil in the first place and that's why he joined the Red Ribbon Army. But honestly, since I know Toei won't ever do it, even making a cameo of him in Super would be fine, I guess.