Broly and Zenkai Boosts

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

cheddarsword
Regular

Broly and Zenkai Boosts

Post by cheddarsword » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:23 pm

I am curious about the math behind zenkai boosts and I am going to look into it. However, I had a thought.

How many zenkai boosts has Broly had? According to the movies, there are only two instances where Broly received enough damage to justify a zenkai boost.

1: Stabbed as a baby.
2: Goku's "holey" punch. (LOL?)

I am not sure if it is stated that he in fact received a zenkai boost from either incident but it seems to be accepted that he did receive one from Goku's punch. I do question weather or not him being stabbed would have given him a zenkai boost however. It certainly seemed to have had the potential to be a mortal wound.

However, given that his power likely increased as he aged and fought, what are the chance that he would have received more zenkai boosts than those mentioned above? The first movie seems to indicate that he was unrivaled in power, so can it be assumed that those two instances are the only times he would have received them?