Could the four Kaioshin of U7 have been apprentice Kaioshin?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SUnicron

Could the four Kaioshin of U7 have been apprentice Kaioshin?

Post by SUnicron » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:32 pm

With all the new Gods we've seen in Super, I was thinking about how the new stuff could fit with the Kaioshin we've seen in DBZ.

All the universes except U7 are shown to have only one Kaioshin (and a corresponding GoD). So why is U7 different (in universe). One could say U7 was simply an anomaly. My theory is that North/south/west/east Kaioshin were apprentices, like Zamusu was. And Dai Kaioshin would be the "main" Kaioshin (U6 Kai is also fat, maybe they're related :P ). After Dai and the others were killed by Buu, Shin was promoted to be the main Kaioshin.

The line of Kaioshin in U7 according to this theory would then be: Old Kai -> Dai -> Shin

What do you guys think?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Re: Could the four Kaioshin of U7 have been apprentice Kaioshin?

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:10 pm

I think they all were. Grand kaioshin prob saw the threats within U7. From Buu to the Commonsome. Also Beerus was lazy as hell. So they couldn't count on him. I suspect he wanted to make sure that universe would be safe if he were to be destroyed. Also that Beerus wouldn't die. If we're to die. I suspect it was like this. If he died north got the job. If he died. Then south, then west, and finally east. I think he was thinking for the long run.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:25 pm

Do we actually know that the other universes only have a single Kaioshin each, or is it just assumed based on how we've only actually seen a single one per universe? I mean, we did have Gowasu training Zamasu to be a Kaioshin, which would've led to there being two at once unless Gowasu just randomly decided to retire as soon as Zamasu was promoted to full Kaioshin status.

(also, didn't the 6th universe have two Kaioshin back at their tournament? or was that a Kaioshin plus Kibito-style attendant situation?)

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:32 am

Hmm.. but then Beerus would die, just like Rumoosh supposedly died after Gowasu was killed. Rumoosh's shared life did not automatically link with Zamasu, and Beerus's would not link with Shin either.

I had a headcanon that the fat Dai Kaioshin was actually the only Kaioshin and the other 4 (including Shin) were just Kaios, but then I ran into this problem.
or was that a Kaioshin plus Kibito-style attendant situation?
Yes.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

SUnicron

Post by SUnicron » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:26 pm

Sandubadear wrote:Hmm.. but then Beerus would die, just like Rumoosh supposedly died after Gowasu was killed. Rumoosh's shared life did not automatically link with Zamasu, and Beerus's would not link with Shin either.

I had a headcanon that the fat Dai Kaioshin was actually the only Kaioshin and the other 4 (including Shin) were just Kaios, but then I ran into this problem.
Maybe being absorbed doesn't count as being dead? At least not until you are fully assimilated.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:56 pm

I personally think that. A kaioshin can spread his rule over as many subjects as they want. However most kaioshin are anti-social pricks or possibly since they're universes are generally safe. They don't need to have backup. Possibly cause they're gods of destructions do they're jobs and protect the unvierse from evil doers.

Grand kaioshin prob realized Beerus was lazy as hell. So he prob said okay. If I die. Beerus dies and everything goes to wack. Need some more replacements. Also since we live in a dangerous universe. I suspect I need more kaioshin to assist me in making planets. Or later on they're will only be 28 planets with life. (-_-)

SquadronGOD
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SquadronGOD » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:48 pm

unthinkable he writems forgot... which means they forgot like 30 more characters... tired of the retcons and ignorance.