The Janemba movie

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Potara_Vegetto

The Janemba movie

Post by Potara_Vegetto » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:17 am

For the events of this movie occur, Goku and Vegeta stay died, Vegetto does not appear, Gohan defeat Super Boo by himself, is it right?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: The Janemba movie

Post by Grimlock » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:45 am

No. Daizenshuu puts this movie as taking place when both Goku and Vegeta are dead but before Gohan passing through Old Kaioshin's ritual. All movies take place during at some point in the original continuity, they don't have a completely new set of story, like the one you mentioned. In other words, the what-if scenario is not that big.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:04 am

Pretty much all of the original 13 Z movies take place in some sort of "different reality" where the characters are just borrowed from some point in the series for a quick new little story. But it's always fun to think about whatever tangents could have let them happen.

For Movie 12 here, I don't think the situation you described would work, since Gohan doesn't appear to be "Ultimate" in the movie. It's more likely that either Goku or Gotenks managed to take care of Majin Boo before he ever managed to transform. Since Gotenks already knows the Kamikaze Ghosts, perhaps the difference here is that Goku or Piccolo decided to put the twerps into the Room of Spirit and Time from the start to play things safe.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:11 am

Kaboom wrote:Pretty much all of the original 13 Z movies take place in some sort of "different reality" where the characters are just borrowed from some point in the series for a quick new little story. But it's always fun to think about whatever tangents could have let them happen.

For Movie 12 here, I don't think the situation you described would work, since Gohan doesn't appear to be "Ultimate" in the movie. It's more likely that either Goku or Gotenks managed to take care of Majin Boo before he ever managed to transform. Since Gotenks already knows the Kamikaze Ghosts, perhaps the difference here is that Goku or Piccolo decided to put the twerps into the Room of Spirit and Time from the start to play things safe.
Since Gotenks is still around, I'd say it's entirely possible Piccolo made the boys go into the ROSAT and then they killed Fat Boo after powering themselves up instead of going against him in Base and getting their asses kicked like in main continuity.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Tectorman
Regular

Post by Tectorman » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:17 pm

Gohan KOed Frieza in a single hit. Doesn't that argue for him being Mystic at this point?
Twilight: My library?! My library!! Do you have any idea how many books I had in there?!
Lord Tirek: How many, little princess?
Twilight: Over NINE THOUSAND!!!

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:17 pm

Movie 12's timeline is kinda sad. Both Vegeta and Goku stay dead in the movie and never return to life. So in this timeline neither Vegeta nor Goku are revived, so Earth goes on without them.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:25 pm

Tsk tsk. All this talk and the proper name for the movie never surfaces once?

Fusion Reborn.

Also, here, this should help out a bit.

MasakoX: What if the Movies were Canon?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk52Ef6ikVQ

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:55 pm

Gohan KOed Frieza in a single hit. Doesn't that argue for him being Mystic at this point?
Either that or he's drawing upon the power of filler, like Yamcha did when he fought Olibu.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:08 pm

Toei knows how Gohan looks like when his Potential Unleashed form is activated, see Movie 13. In Movie 12 he doesn't even power up, so he's in his base form when he attacked Freeza.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:26 am

Tectorman wrote:Gohan KOed Frieza in a single hit. Doesn't that argue for him being Mystic at this point?
Given Freeza's slim appearance, Gohan probably killed him at a lower percentage.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)