Broly's travel time from New Vegeta to Earth.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

cheddarsword
Regular

Broly's travel time from New Vegeta to Earth.

Post by cheddarsword » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:36 pm

I'm taking a break from working on my fanfic of "what if Broly went to Earth instead of Goku?" until I catch up on the Dragon Ball manga. In the mean time, I'm starting another one. What If Broly was made a good guy? But I already have a problem.

Since this takes place roughly 1 year after the Cell Saga wraps up (Earth Dragon Balls take a year after Dende takes over, right?) I need to know how long it took Broly to get from New Vegeta to Earth. Considering Paragus took everyone there in a about a day or less, I can't imagine it was too long of a flight. So after Goku's Hole in One on Broly, he hops in his ship and speeds off to earth. But if he took a straight course, he should have landed in about a day's time, right?

So given my time frame, he should currently be "on ice" if I'm getting it right.

Also, is this question posted in the right place? It's for a fanfic but it's "In-Non-Canonical-Universe" discussion, right? Where do these kinds of questions go so that I know for the future?

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: Broly's travel time from New Vegeta to Earth.

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:08 pm

We can't say with any certainty how long the actual trip took, but Daizenshu 6's entry on the film does confirm he arrived and was frozen for the 7 year gap between Cell and Boo. So regardless of if it was a day/week/month, he still arrived shortly after and spent almost the entire period in your local grocer's freezer section.
cheddarsword wrote:Also, is this question posted in the right place? It's for a fanfic but it's "In-Non-Canonical-Universe" discussion, right? Where do these kinds of questions go so that I know for the future?
So long as the topic doesn't become more about the fanfic than the question, this is fine.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

cheddarsword
Regular

Re: Broly's travel time from New Vegeta to Earth.

Post by cheddarsword » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:47 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:We can't say with any certainty how long the actual trip took, but Daizenshu 6's entry on the film does confirm he arrived and was frozen for the 7 year gap between Cell and Boo. So regardless of if it was a day/week/month, he still arrived shortly after and spent almost the entire period in your local grocer's freezer section.
cheddarsword wrote:Also, is this question posted in the right place? It's for a fanfic but it's "In-Non-Canonical-Universe" discussion, right? Where do these kinds of questions go so that I know for the future?
So long as the topic doesn't become more about the fanfic than the question, this is fine.
I figured he would be, since from what I've heard, the first movie (if it were canonical) takes place during the one week wait for the Cell games and as such, I knew it couldn't take very long to get from one planet to the other.

Also, thanks for answering my other question.