Replace a DBGT villain with a DBS Villain

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Replace a DBGT villain with a DBS Villain

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:56 pm

I had this idea after seeing a picture of Golden Frieza vs Ssj4 goku. There are three sagas in Gt. Replace the antagonist of each saga with an antagonist from super. Remember Goku and the gang have to follow GT rules. So no ssj god transformations.

1. Baby arc
2. Super 17
3. Omega shenron arc

Give it some thought.

sintzu
Banned

Re: Replace a DbGt villain with a Super Villain

Post by sintzu » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:57 am

As of now Zamasu is the only Super villain so I'd take him over Super 17.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Replace a DbGt villain with a Super Villain

Post by Kanassa » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:45 am

Black Star Dragonballs Arc - Hit
Baby Arc - Golden Frieza
17 Arc - Beerus
Shadow Dragons Arc - Black and Zamasu

I think they probably fit in the themes and ideas of those arcs best out of the four
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

SkuLLR3D

Re: Replace a DBGT villain with a DBS Villain

Post by SkuLLR3D » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:48 pm

Since I'm completely uninterested in GT villains, they could all be replaced and I wouldn't care lol
SSJ4 was my fav part of GT and I even like the god transformations more.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:01 pm

Now I'm picturing tiny child Gokû Black and had the Zamasu arc not been so grim and filled with murder, child Gokû Black could've been hilarious.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Tue May 02, 2017 3:05 pm

I'd probably take Golden Freeza and swap him in for General Rildo and use the same plot. Where they find the Freeza Galactic Army reviving Freeza on another planet and retcon how he takes his Golden form.

Then I'd Take Zamasu & Swap him with the Shadow Dragons and use the same plot. Zamasu is angry because of the Dragonball overuse.
He absorbs the dragonballs to become a God in that way. They beat Zamasu, and then use GT's ending.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

GoldenOozaru

Post by GoldenOozaru » Tue May 09, 2017 4:39 pm

[quote="SingleFringe&Sparks"]I'd probably take Golden Freeza and swap him in for General Rildo and use the same plot. Where they find the Freeza Galactic Army reviving Freeza on another planet and retcon how he takes his Golden form.

The first thing that came to my mind was to get rid of Freeza and put in General rildo. He was a badass!

Bulma's Foot Masseur
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bulma's Foot Masseur » Wed May 10, 2017 6:18 am

The whole point of the Super 17 saga was to be a consequence of the Dragon Balls' overuse weakening the fabric between Earth and Hell, so I wish Freeza and Cell had detected that before Gero and Myuu did. Cue Golden Freeza and...whatever new form Cell would have. (Golden Cell would look even worse.)

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu May 11, 2017 3:24 am

Bulma's Foot Masseur wrote:The whole point of the Super 17 saga was to be a consequence of the Dragon Balls' overuse weakening the fabric between Earth and Hell, so I wish Freeza and Cell had detected that before Gero and Myuu did. Cue Golden Freeza and...whatever new form Cell would have. (Golden Cell would look even worse.)
Kaiouken Cell VS Kaiouken Goku.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"