Krillin the planet buster?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Krillin the planet buster?

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:45 pm

At this stage, Krillin just powering up should reduce the Earth to space dust considering what Vegeta was able to do when he just powered up back in the Saiyan arc.

EDIT: To be more specific, after Krillin got his potential released by Guru on Namek, I believe he crossed into the threshold of "planet destroying" power.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:59 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Krillin's been able to blow up a planet since Namek.
I'd wager Saiyan Saga Krllin could do it.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:06 pm

precita wrote:
I doubt it, Vegeta needed 18k to do it and Krillin is over ten times weaker than him. The safest bet is to say that post-Guru Krillin can break a planet.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:02 pm

To vaporize a planet u need 531 k PL min. To shatter a planet into many pieces you need 18 k min, well that is proly what Vegeta was aiming at doing TBH.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:18 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
precita wrote:
I doubt it, Vegeta needed 18k to do it and Krillin is over ten times weaker than him. The safest bet is to say that post-Guru Krillin can break a planet.
I agree with this. It seems the most likely case.
buutenks wrote:To vaporize a planet u need 531 k PL min. To shatter a planet into many pieces you need 18 k min, well that is proly what Vegeta was aiming at doing TBH.
531,000 minimum required to vaporize? Not sure about that, considering that 18,000 alone can shatter the planet. I'd say about 35,000+ can vaporize planets with the size and mass of Earth. Maybe even a little lower than that.

Also, who's power level are you referencing anyway? I thought it was first form Frieza but a quick search doesn't indicate that. Could be wrong though.

If it is Frieza, then you're likely using the destruction of Planet Vegeta.

As such, that planet likely required a higher power level as it had more mass as indicated by the fact that it's gravity was 10X that of Earth.

GigaDrill
Beyond Newbie

Post by GigaDrill » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:13 pm

Not every planet has the GBE of Earth, but yeah Krillin could probably bust something Earth-sized by the Namek Saga

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Mon May 01, 2017 12:20 pm

cheddarsword wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
precita wrote:
buutenks wrote:To vaporize a planet u need 531 k PL min. To shatter a planet into many pieces you need 18 k min, well that is proly what Vegeta was aiming at doing TBH.
531,000 minimum required to vaporize? Not sure about that, considering that 18,000 alone can shatter the planet. I'd say about 35,000+ can vaporize planets with the size and mass of Earth. Maybe even a little lower than that.

Also, who's power level are you referencing anyway? I thought it was first form Frieza but a quick search doesn't indicate that. Could be wrong though.

As such, that planet likely required a higher power level as it had more mass as indicated by the fact that it's gravity was 10X that of Earth.
First form Freeza has a PL of 531 k. He says in the manga his exact power level.

And I'm simply going by what is shown. Since that is all there is.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Mon May 01, 2017 12:37 pm

buutenks wrote:
cheddarsword wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: I doubt it, Vegeta needed 18k to do it and Krillin is over ten times weaker than him. The safest bet is to say that post-Guru Krillin can break a planet.

First form Freeza has a PL of 531 k. He says in the manga his exact power level.

Fair enough but I still say Frieza overdid it there.

Also, First Form Frieza evaporates Planet Vegeta, but Final Form Frieza is only able to destabilize Namek's core... Even if he was holding back, what the hell?

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Mon May 01, 2017 12:50 pm

cheddarsword wrote:
buutenks wrote:
cheddarsword wrote:

Fair enough but I still say Frieza overdid it there.

Also, First Form Frieza evaporates Planet Vegeta, but Final Form Frieza is only able to destabilize Namek's core... Even if he was holding back, what the hell?
Simple, the blast he fired at Namek was barely in the tens of thousands range.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Tue May 02, 2017 3:39 pm

Yes. Even Yamcha and Choutzu reached planet busting potential. 18,000 is the bench mark set by Vegeta. Krillin at the end of Namek was 75,000. Yamcha and Choutzu far surpassed 18,000 by the time they were revived.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Tue May 02, 2017 8:05 pm

JulianStyles wrote:Yes. Even Yamcha and Choutzu reached planet busting potential. 18,000 is the bench mark set by Vegeta. Krillin at the end of Namek was 75,000. Yamcha and Choutzu far surpassed 18,000 by the time they were revived.
Okay, where does it say that? If i'm not mistaken, the only time they actually did anything in Z was during the Saiyan saga and all they did was die in explosions!

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue May 02, 2017 8:53 pm

cheddarsword wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:Yes. Even Yamcha and Choutzu reached planet busting potential. 18,000 is the bench mark set by Vegeta. Krillin at the end of Namek was 75,000. Yamcha and Choutzu far surpassed 18,000 by the time they were revived.
Okay, where does it say that? If i'm not mistaken, the only time they actually did anything in Z was during the Saiyan saga and all they did was die in explosions!
What does them dying have anything to do with how powerful they became? They trained under King Kai, Yamcha also likely got at least a little stronger during the Cell era before he capped off.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Tue May 02, 2017 10:19 pm

precita wrote:
cheddarsword wrote:
What does them dying have anything to do with how powerful they became? They trained under King Kai, Yamcha also likely got at least a little stronger during the Cell era before he capped off.
It's just that he said they were planet busters after they revived but considering that the Saiyan saga was the last time they were seen actually fighting until Cell became a daddy and that was a loosing battle no less.

I WILL say however, that GOKU didn't even get THAT strong training with King Kai, and he's a saiyan!

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Wed May 03, 2017 11:53 am

Pantalones wrote:
According to the story, so far he is not one, yet. There's no onscreen feat of that.
That's ridiculous.

Krillin knows the Kamehameha, a technique that we know can destroy heavenly bodies if enough power is put behind it -- the same move Roshi used to destroy the moon, and what Cell was going to wipe out Earth and the whole solar system with. And we know that his power level has been above Vegeta's initial 18,000 ever since the Ginyu-in-Goku's-body fight (and it's only gone up since then -- 75,000 by the end of the Freeza battle, and then there were three years of training for the Androids after that, and a possibility that he's kept up training since then.)

So... we know that Krillin knows at least one technique that can destroy planets, and we know he's more powerful than the weakest known "planet buster," at least several times more powerful, probably far beyond that. Knowing that, it's just plain dumb to claim Krillin can't destroy a planet because "durrrr no featz."

When people refer to characters being "planet busters," they don't mean "someone who HAS blown up a planet," they mean "someone who COULD."
Ehhh, it's always either no feats or no statements. Too many people can't accept that just one of these is generally sufficient, and if not, you can induce that Krillin is capable of said feat, just like you wrote above.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed May 03, 2017 12:14 pm

There's a reason why scientific theories remain as such and only turn into facts once there's positive experiments that can verify them.

In Dragon Ball context:

Theory: X character (Krillin here) being something buster based on statements/power scalling (Krilling being a planet buster).

Positive Experiment: Feats of said character performing successfully what the theory states (Krilling busting a planet/something similar to one).
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Wed May 03, 2017 12:52 pm

This.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed May 03, 2017 2:06 pm

Yamcha has to be at least as strong as the Ginyu Force, around Recoome/Burter/Jeice level by the time he stopped fighting. If they can destroy a planet so could he.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed May 03, 2017 3:27 pm

Roronoa-pt wrote:
This.
That's still not a feat of Krilling busting planet.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Wed May 03, 2017 5:18 pm

cheddarsword wrote:
Look it up. V jump magazine its not hard to find.
cheddarsword wrote:
precita wrote:
cheddarsword wrote:
It's just that he said they were planet busters after they revived but considering that the Saiyan saga was the last time they were seen actually fighting until Cell became a daddy and that was a loosing battle no less.

I WILL say however, that GOKU didn't even get THAT strong training with King Kai, and he's a saiyan!
Plot demands how strong a character gets. Gomu trained with Kami for 4 years and only games 200 points in PL. Krillin,Yamcha,Tenshinhan in less than a year with Kami gained 1,500 roughly points in PL. Goku PL after less than a year with king kai was less than 10,000. Yet Piccolo in 6 days was revived with an estimate based on what Nail said anywhere between 40,000-50,000. Also King Kai in the Manga and series said they were all progressing faster than Goku. In six days everyone was over 8
9,000!

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Wed May 03, 2017 5:21 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
Roronoa-pt wrote:
This.
That's still not a feat of Krilling busting planet.
But is reasonable deduction. We have never seen Piccolo do anything planet busting. Yet itll be dumb to think he doesnt have that power since he passed Freeza by the Android saga. Again the weakest PL we know that it takes to blow up a planet ia 18,000. Krillin is far beyond that.