My understading on Goku and Vegeta getting SSJR

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

My understading on Goku and Vegeta getting SSJR

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:01 am

If Goku would have become Kami back after the 23rd Budokai or acceptedthe job to become God of Destruction when Beerus dies that would have made him a proper God. It is my understanding that this would be the only way for Goku and Vegeta to reach Super Saiyan Rosé correct? Their blue hair would just turn Rose colored if they were made official gods?

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Re: My understading on Goku and Vegeta getting SSJR

Post by Sandubadear » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:06 am

That's what I think, too. Or maybe pink is specific for Kaioshins and other types of gods get different colors, who knows?
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:41 pm

From what I understand, the reason the hair color is blue in the first place is because of how calm and controlled the form is.

So basically, you could look at SSR as a more violent, uncontrolled form. Either way, they're both technicaly "SSGSS".

It doesn't really have anything to do with the God status of the user I don't think.

So in other words, it's like a mood ring.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:48 pm

Its hard to say what would happen since we dont know much about that realm of ki.

From how its described the reason for Rose's color is due to Zamasu's soul and kaioshin ki withing the body. Basically its corrupting the natural blue color due to the blending of kaioshin and saiyan god ki, something that would never happen under normal circumstances. No mortal can become a kaioshin, they are born as gods.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:26 pm

cheddarsword wrote:From what I understand, the reason the hair color is blue in the first place is because of how calm and controlled the form is.

So basically, you could look at SSR as a more violent, uncontrolled form. Either way, they're both technicaly "SSGSS".

It doesn't really have anything to do with the God status of the user I don't think.

It would be a good explanation but we saw no change in Goku and Vegeta SSB forms when they lost their shit.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:25 pm

emperior wrote:
cheddarsword wrote:From what I understand, the reason the hair color is blue in the first place is because of how calm and controlled the form is.

It would be a good explanation but we saw no change in Goku and Vegeta SSB forms when they lost their shit.
Eh, fair point.

Well, considering that Frieza insinuated that his golden color was a choice and Black more or less said the same thing about Rose, is it at all possible that at this point, the users have at least some control over the colors? Of course, If that were the case, you would think that Vegeta would have chosen something other than blue just to be different from Goku...

Hmm... Well, I did post something a while back about the ROYGBIV color spectrum coming into play, but the difference in power between SSG, SSB and SSR kinda throw that off track, even if you ignore Super Saiyan.

Actually... there was a theory on the internet about the possibility of a Super Saiyan Green. The person based their theory on the fact that the colors used so far are based on the existing colors of fire.

Problem is, that also plays into the color spectrum I think.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:18 pm

cheddarsword wrote: Eh, fair point.

Well, considering that Frieza insinuated that his golden color was a choice and Black more or less said the same thing about Rose, is it at all possible that at this point, the users have at least some control over the colors? Of course, If that were the case, you would think that Vegeta would have chosen something other than blue just to be different from Goku...

Hmm... Well, I did post something a while back about the ROYGBIV color spectrum coming into play, but the difference in power between SSG, SSB and SSR kinda throw that off track, even if you ignore Super Saiyan.

Actually... there was a theory on the internet about the possibility of a Super Saiyan Green. The person based their theory on the fact that the colors used so far are based on the existing colors of fire.

It'd make more sense if "SSJB Beyond" was purple or white, to either emphasize SSJG & SSJB merging to form something even greater or if it went white to show it's power was now beyond colors.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:30 am

theherodjl wrote:
cheddarsword wrote: Eh, fair point.

It'd make more sense if "SSJB Beyond" was purple or white, to either emphasize SSJG & SSJB merging to form something even greater or if it went white to show it's power was now beyond colors.
Note for the hell of it:

White is the inclusion of all colors combined.

Black is the expulsion of all colors. It has no color in it at all.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:29 am

cheddarsword wrote: Note for the hell of it:

I kinda figured semantics would be addressed, I guess a better way to phrase it is that the power above SSJB is no longer defined by an individual color thus being the mixture of them all.
Though your next point has got me curious, Goku is seen in the latest show intro blasting up the SSJB aura and then stacking Kaio-ken but goes back to base form, smiling as if he has all he needs, and continues fighting. Maybe this could mean he loses his stamina to keep up the SSJB power and then goes back to base to fight with all his heart's determination.....or it could mean he found some way to unlock his full potential reservoir of God Ki and then displays it in his normal form. Maybe he figures his dull black hair is the best way to demonstrate he doesn't need colorful forms anymore?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:51 am

theherodjl wrote:
cheddarsword wrote: Note for the hell of it:

I kinda figured semantics would be addressed, I guess a better way to phrase it is that the power above SSJB is no longer defined by an individual color thus being the mixture of them all.
Though your next point has got me curious, Goku is seen in the latest show intro blasting up the SSJB aura and then stacking Kaio-ken but goes back to base form, smiling as if he has all he needs, and continues fighting. Maybe this could mean he loses his stamina to keep up the SSJB power and then goes back to base to fight with all his heart's determination.....or it could mean he found some way to unlock his full potential reservoir of God Ki and then displays it in his normal form. Maybe he figures his dull black hair is the best way to demonstrate he doesn't need colorful forms anymore?
Maybe he pulled a Gohan and went Ultimate? Incase you didn't know, Ultimate Gohan's back now. Watch episode 88.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:50 am

I honestly hope Goku and Vegeta's next forms will be them in their black, normal hair. It would be quite ironic after all the colors we got, and I would absolutely love it.
New SSJ forms are overrated, I would rather see them in their normal look, similar to Gohan's ultimate form. It would also be great if Super fully embraced the "skill can beat power" thing it has going on for quite a bit time now. It would be a return to the series' origins.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

TheQuazz
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheQuazz » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:30 am

emperior wrote:I honestly hope Goku and Vegeta's next forms will be them in their black, normal hair. It would be quite ironic after all the colors we got, and I would absolutely love it.
New SSJ forms are overrated, I would rather see them in their normal look, similar to Gohan's ultimate form. It would also be great if Super fully embraced the "skill can beat power" thing it has going on for quite a bit time now. It would be a return to the series' origins.
I don't know if that's really Dragon Ball's origin. Even when Goku and Krillin were training with Master Roshi he only made them physically stronger, and even went on about how fighting style and techniques aren't really important. While skill was definitely a factor in old DB fights, there was no way Krillin, Roshi or Yamcha could be a match for Tienshinhan in the 23rd BT, no matter how skilled they were or could have gotten.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:46 am

TheQuazz wrote:
emperior wrote:I honestly hope Goku and Vegeta's next forms will be them in their black, normal hair. It would be quite ironic after all the colors we got, and I would absolutely love it.
I don't know if that's really Dragon Ball's origin. Even when Goku and Krillin were training with Master Roshi he only made them physically stronger, and even went on about how fighting style and techniques aren't really important. While skill was definitely a factor in old DB fights, there was no way Krillin, Roshi or Yamcha could be a match for Tienshinhan in the 23rd BT, no matter how skilled they were or could have gotten.
True, but at the time skill, tactics and techniques still played a good part in the fights and characters weren't that far apart in terms of strength.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”