Is Beerus doing his job?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Is Beerus doing his job?

Post by Captain Strawberry » Mon May 01, 2017 8:06 pm

I guess he doesn't have to right now because he did destroy a bunch of planets at a first rate when he woke up (enough to be 28 planets with mortal life >_>)

It's neither implied he still is or isn't but from the screen time we get from him, the writers focus on his interactions with Goku and his small hobbies like eating food.

It would be kinda weird to me if everyone staying chummy with a destroyer. Maybe it's smart but even Goku and Vegeta could take out Beerus if they worked together like Whis implied.

Even if you personally write Goku's character that it's outside his territory (which I personally wouldn't write him like that), Gohan perhaps has the potential to take out Beerus.

Anyway, the point of this thread is: because I suppose the writers have made us take away off Beerus's job to destroy, do you think Beerus is still doing his job at present? So you think it's weird for everyone to be chummy with him? Would Whis intervene if soneobe tried to stop Beerus?
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Is Beerus doing his job?

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue May 02, 2017 10:53 am

Berrus's life span is so long this break he is taking is equivalent to 1 min power nap to us, he can keep doing what he is doing till pan dies of old age and still will be wasting less time compared to his years of sleep sessions..

So yeah, he is doing what he should, this break taking is part of his job as a destroyer
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue May 02, 2017 11:14 am

I'd argue that Beerus is doing his job better now than he was before. What we see in the higher-ranked Universes is that the GoD and Supreme Kai work together to cultivate a better universe. Beerus was just going around bullying people and destroying worlds for not catering to his petty whim or irritating him.

DBS916
Regular

Post by DBS916 » Mon May 08, 2017 1:31 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:I'd argue that Beerus is doing his job better now than he was before. What we see in the higher-ranked Universes is that the GoD and Supreme Kai work together to cultivate a better universe. Beerus was just going around bullying people and destroying worlds for not catering to his petty whim or irritating him.
Agreed! Hopefully after the tournament we can see Beerus, along with the other Gods, understand their proper role as Gods and use their powers to better their respected universes, not bring down their mortal level.