Something about "Fem Broly's" transformation...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

cheddarsword
Regular

Something about "Fem Broly's" transformation...

Post by cheddarsword » Fri May 05, 2017 10:50 pm

It... doesn't look new. I don't mean that we've seen it before but it just... ok, hear me out.

In case anyone's wondering, I mean the transformation animation from the promotional trailer.

Look at how the initial SS transformations are shown. There's screaming, fanfare and a big show of power.

And this was done every time.

Goku: Grits his teeth, Namek's skies turn dark green, lightning starts striking, ending in a scream from Goku and gold hair. His second transformation is treated with much less fanfare.

Trunks: Foreshadowing immediately followed by screaming and gold hair, leaving mecha Freeza scared shitless.

Vegeta: No one knows what's about to go down. Then Vegeta screams and goes gold, leaving jaws on the floor.

Gohan: This one has decent buildup but it feels so anticlimactic as there's no display of power afterwards.

And the same goes for some of the upgraded SS forms too. SS2 Gohan and SS3 Goku too.

But the "Fem Broly" transformation we saw... That can't be the first time it's shown off in the anime. That has to be a subsequent usage of the form.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Re: Something about "Fem Broly's" transformation...

Post by Darkprince410 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:59 pm

The only real differences is that we've never seen the normal transformations cause such a large increase in size before (height wise) and the green-ish tint to her hair. The actual white eyes and stuff is most definitely just the usual brief transformation effect we saw with Goku's first Ssj transformation, Trunks' Ssj 3rd Grade transformation, etc, as the V-Jump design for her shows her with normal eyes.

I do feel it's definitely a nod to Broly, but not meant to be his same form. It's got enough similarities to where I don't think it's coincidental, but enough differences to where I don't think it's actually meant to be the same.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Thu May 11, 2017 3:38 pm

cheddarsword wrote:It... doesn't look new. I don't mean that we've seen it before but it just... ok, hear me out.

In case anyone's wondering, I mean the transformation animation from the promotional trailer.

Look at how the initial SS transformations are shown. There's screaming, fanfare and a big show of power.

And this was done every time.

Goku: Grits his teeth, Namek's skies turn dark green, lightning starts striking, ending in a scream from Goku and gold hair. His second transformation is treated with much less fanfare.

Trunks: Foreshadowing immediately followed by screaming and gold hair, leaving mecha Freeza scared shitless.

Vegeta: No one knows what's about to go down. Then Vegeta screams and goes gold, leaving jaws on the floor.

Gohan: This one has decent buildup but it feels so anticlimactic as there's no display of power afterwards.

And the same goes for some of the upgraded SS forms too. SS2 Gohan and SS3 Goku too.

But the "Fem Broly" transformation we saw... That can't be the first time it's shown off in the anime. That has to be a subsequent usage of the form.
Its the opening and more than likely wont even be animated like that.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu May 11, 2017 3:39 pm

Have we seen a person tripling in size when turning Super Saiyan? Not counting movies

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri May 12, 2017 2:26 pm

mute_proxy wrote:Have we seen a person tripling in size when turning Super Saiyan? Not counting movies
Just Ultra Trunks getting super swole, and his height didn't really change.