Do Dragon Ball characters have Split Durability?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: Do Dragon Ball characters have Split Durability?

Post by theherodjl » Fri May 26, 2017 2:05 am

Tsufuru wrote:where does it say frieza survived bcuz of his body is diffrent?
didnt he survive bcuz goku gave him ki?
cooler and broly are non canon.
ki is not a bullet and not a rifle , a slow ki blast would have the same effect unlike a slow bullet.
it was cleary shown gokus hands burned bcuz he was blocking Freeza's atack for to long.
by your logic kid gohan pre saiyans could burn frieza saga goku to death if goku would touch it for long enough.
we know this wont happen.
These isn't anything stating that Ki gives the DB characters resistance to extreme heat besides SSJ4 Goku being unaffected by Si Xing Long's ability to make his body as hot as the sun, however that resistance seemed to wear off once Yi Xing Long used the same technique against a more powerful Full Power SSJ4 Goku...so much for consistency.
Anyways, once more Freeza and Cooler are the only characters thus far to survive extreme heat which is why their bodies still existed even after the explosion of a planet or exposure to the sun's surface plus a Ki blast. Everyone from the Saiyans on Planet Vegeta to Broly, to Baby, to Majin Boo, to Ultimate Gohan, to SSJB Vegeta all seemed to been blown to ashes by the explosion of a planet. So I ask...where does it say anyone with Ki can survive extreme heat based on Ki usage alone? Where does it say that Ki is extremely hot and not just incredibly forceful to blow objects to microcosmic levels?
Freeza also used that same Ki to unleash a massive Ki blast on Goku and then he got hit back by a stronger Ki blast, since we all know injuries can also reduce Ki it seems unlikely Freeza had much of what Goku gave him after all that.
Cooler & Broly are canon, they just aren't canon necessarily to the manga but no canon is perfect, look what DB Minus did to Goku's origin and how it changed Bardock's events.
A Ki blast most certainly has more power when its launched with force, notice how when Bootenks was about to bust the Earth Goku quickly incapacitated him from launching it, then the dropped blast only made a miniscule explosion when it lacked force.
Also an object or force heavily pressing against a person's hand is usually causing heat through friction, not because the object or force is hot per se. I don't see why it'd be different for DB characters.
I have no idea what you mean about Kid Gohan burning Freeza arc Goku to death, that doesn't sound relevant at all.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Sat May 27, 2017 2:04 pm

theherodjl wrote:
ki is not a bullet and not a rifle , a slow ki blast would have the same effect unlike a slow bullet.
it was cleary shown gokus hands burned bcuz he was blocking Freeza's atack for to long.
by your logic kid gohan pre saiyans could burn frieza saga goku to death if goku would touch it for long enough.
These isn't anything stating that Ki gives the DB characters resistance to extreme heat besides SSJ4 Goku being unaffected by Si Xing Long's ability to make his body as hot as the sun, however that resistance seemed to wear off once Yi Xing Long used the same technique against a more powerful Full Power SSJ4 Goku...so much for consistency.
Anyways, once more Freeza and Cooler are the only characters thus far to survive extreme heat which is why their bodies still existed even after the explosion of a planet or exposure to the sun's surface plus a Ki blast. Everyone from the Saiyans on Planet Vegeta to Broly, to Baby, to Majin Boo, to Ultimate Gohan, to SSJB Vegeta all seemed to been blown to ashes by the explosion of a planet. So I ask...where does it say anyone with Ki can survive extreme heat based on Ki usage alone? Where does it say that Ki is extremely hot and not just incredibly forceful to blow objects to microcosmic levels?
Freeza also used that same Ki to unleash a massive Ki blast on Goku and then he got hit back by a stronger Ki blast, since we all know injuries can also reduce Ki it seems unlikely Freeza had much of what Goku gave him after all that.
Cooler & Broly are canon, they just aren't canon necessarily to the manga but no canon is perfect, look what DB Minus did to Goku's origin and how it changed Bardock's events.
A Ki blast most certainly has more power when its launched with force, notice how when Bootenks was about to bust the Earth Goku quickly incapacitated him from launching it, then the dropped blast only made a miniscule explosion when it lacked force.
Also an object or force heavily pressing against a person's hand is usually causing heat through friction, not because the object or force is hot per se. I don't see why it'd be different for DB characters.
I have no idea what you mean about Kid Gohan burning Freeza arc Goku to death, that doesn't sound relevant at all.
lol the part that is actualy relevant is not relevant, ok.
you are arguing with filler and movies and GT.
good luck making sense.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat May 27, 2017 5:41 pm

Tsufuru wrote:
theherodjl wrote:
good luck making sense.
LOL, some random strawman about Kid Gohan burning Freeza arc Goku with Ki as a counterargument example is nonsensical.
You want to believe DB has only one canon then you're entitled to, it doesn't change the fact that there is more than one canon. Akira Toriyama himself designed many of the movie elements as well as GT and while he may consider them to be an alternate dimension to his work, he doesn't knock them as being unrelated or meaningless. He signed off on the Daizenshuu and other guides that include anime, movie, and GT content with his approval, I would think that means if the author can recognize more than one canon then the fans can too.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Sat May 27, 2017 9:26 pm

theherodjl wrote:
Tsufuru wrote:
theherodjl wrote:
good luck making sense.
LOL, some random strawman about Kid Gohan burning Freeza arc Goku with Ki as a counterargument example is nonsensical.
You want to believe DB has only one canon then you're entitled to, it doesn't change the fact that there is more than one canon. Akira Toriyama himself designed many of the movie elements as well as GT and while he may consider them to be an alternate dimension to his work, he doesn't knock them as being unrelated or meaningless. He signed off on the Daizenshuu and other guides that include anime, movie, and GT content with his approval, I would think that means if the author can recognize more than one canon then the fans can too.
if their heat resistence is not ki based than kid gohan can burn goku.
it doesnt even make sense if their heat resistence isnt ki based.
since their defence comes from ki literally against anything. by your logic vegetto blocking the same atack goku blocked will also burn his hands since goku and vegeta never made heat resistence training.
common sense tells you what the main thing is.
movies and GT are full of bullshit and I'm not talking bullshit like in db Super.