Looking at Manga SS2 Trunks and BoG SS2 Vegeta

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Looking at Manga SS2 Trunks and BoG SS2 Vegeta

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sun May 14, 2017 8:54 pm

I've been struggling for awhile exactly if these instances are new Grades of the Super Saiyan transformation or not.

If they were new Grades, would they both be Super Saiyan Grade 7? Would that make SSRage a Super Saiyan Grade 8?

What do you guys believe?

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie

Re: Looking at Manga SS2 Trunks and BoG SS2 Vegeta

Post by DragonBallLove » Sun May 14, 2017 10:27 pm

IMHO QoF & SSJ Rage/SSSJ are akin to "Grade 2" and "3" for SSJ2. So, if SSJ2 is "Grade 5" (with FPSSJ as "Grade 4"), yes, QoF would be "Grade 6" and Rage/Strengthened would be "Grade 7".

DK what would you put as "Grade 6" to get Grades 7 and 8 though :S

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun May 14, 2017 10:28 pm

What Trunks has is exactly what Vegeta described it. A power-up. For some reason, Trunks has a power-up in his Super Saiyan 2 form that boosts his power further. Inexplicably putting him on par of Super Saiyan 3's Goku though. :roll:

As for Vegeta... Who knows what was that? It doesn't seem like a power-up because Vegeta went straight from base to Super Saiyan 2, he didn't activate anything after transforming, unlike Trunks.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sun May 14, 2017 11:17 pm

Grimlock wrote:What Trunks has is exactly what Vegeta described it. A power-up. For some reason, Trunks has a power-up in his Super Saiyan 2 form that boosts his power further. Inexplicably putting him on par of Super Saiyan 3's Goku though. :roll:

As for Vegeta... Who knows what was that? It doesn't seem like a power-up because Vegeta went straight from base to Super Saiyan 2, he didn't activate anything after transforming, unlike Trunks.
DragonBallLove wrote:IMHO QoF & SSJ Rage/SSSJ are akin to "Grade 2" and "3" for SSJ2. So, if SSJ2 is "Grade 5" (with FPSSJ as "Grade 4"), yes, QoF would be "Grade 6" and Rage/Strengthened would be "Grade 7".

DK what would you put as "Grade 6" to get Grades 7 and 8 though :S
I was thinking that Super Saiyan 3 would be essentially a Super Saiyan Grade 6. ... Now that I think about it more I had this idea:

Super Saiyan 1 --> Super Saiyan 1 Grade 2 (ASSJ) --> Super Saiyan 1 Grade 3 (USSJ) --> Super Saiyan 1 Grade 4 (FPSSJ)
|
V
Super Saiyan 2 --> Super Saiyan 2 Grade 2 (Manga Trunks Improved SS2) --> Super Saiyan 2 Grade 3 (Vegeta 'My Bulma') --> Super Saiyan 2 Grade 4 (Super Saiyan Rage)
|
V
Super Saiyan 3