Why I believe Raditz's level is 1200 instead of 1500

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Re: Why I believe Raditz's level is 1200 instead of 1500

Post by DBZ Macky » Mon May 22, 2017 12:00 am

dragonball0900 wrote:If Yamcha has a battle power of 1,480 and manages to defeat the Saibaman, then the 1,500 reading is contradictory for me.
Maybe that's why he didn't defeat the Saibaman? He even used a Kamehameha yet the Saibaman still survived. "Gaps" have always been inconsistent in Dragon Ball, because power levels are not the end-all-be-all when it comes to a real fight.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon May 22, 2017 12:41 am

Y'all are aware that Yamcha's 1,480 also comes solely from the guidebooks rather than the manga, right?
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

ahill1
Regular

Post by ahill1 » Mon May 22, 2017 1:41 pm

Raditz wasn't fully off guard, as he had just read Gohan's battle power and saw how this latter was charging at him.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Tue May 23, 2017 5:22 am

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
buutenks wrote:IIRC, kid Gohan when he headbutted Raditz had a power level of 1370 and Raditz was severly injured. So i doubt he has a PL of 1500. He's proly more along the lines of 1,250-1,300 or so.
He caught Raditz off guard, much like Piccolo blasting Nappa in the back or Sorbet shooting Goku. Piccolo at his weakened state hurt Nappa, but didn't kill him and Sorbet was MUCH weaker than Goku, but managed blast a hole in him. Raditz was not prepared for a 4-year old toddler bursting through his ship and charging at him. He probably was still in shock over what was unfolding right before him. Otherwise, don't you think he would have dodged Gohan like Piccolo's first Makankōsappō? He fully believe the guide is right that Raditz's level was 1500, but Gohan's actions caught him off guard and Raditz could not react in time to prepare for Cohan's charge.
Off guard thing only applies to Goku. Gohan did tremendous damage to Raditz, to the point where he could barely stand up. If he were at 1500 the attack would have hurt him only, it wouldn't have crippled him to the point a weakened Goku could hold Raditz in place. And don't bring the Piccolo kicked Freeza, Piccolo did 0 damage. All he did was send Freeza flying in the water. As for Nappa, Nappa only took skin deep damage from the z fighters.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Tue May 23, 2017 9:13 am

buutenks wrote:
ShadowBardock89 wrote:
buutenks wrote:IIRC, kid Gohan when he headbutted Raditz had a power level of 1370 and Raditz was severly injured. So i doubt he has a PL of 1500. He's proly more along the lines of 1,250-1,300 or so.
He caught Raditz off guard, much like Piccolo blasting Nappa in the back or Sorbet shooting Goku. Piccolo at his weakened state hurt Nappa, but didn't kill him and Sorbet was MUCH weaker than Goku, but managed blast a hole in him. Raditz was not prepared for a 4-year old toddler bursting through his ship and charging at him. He probably was still in shock over what was unfolding right before him. Otherwise, don't you think he would have dodged Gohan like Piccolo's first Makankōsappō? He fully believe the guide is right that Raditz's level was 1500, but Gohan's actions caught him off guard and Raditz could not react in time to prepare for Cohan's charge.
Off guard thing only applies to Goku. Gohan did tremendous damage to Raditz, to the point where he could barely stand up. If he were at 1500 the attack would have hurt him only, it wouldn't have crippled him to the point a weakened Goku could hold Raditz in place. And don't bring the Piccolo kicked Freeza, Piccolo did 0 damage. All he did was send Freeza flying in the water. As for Nappa, Nappa only took skin deep damage from the z fighters.
I wasn't speaking about damage from Tenshinhan, Gohan, etc. Just that specific attack from Piccolo (in a previous post, I posted the scene from the manga) to demonstrate when Nappa was caught off guard by a weaker opponent and was hurt by them.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Tue May 23, 2017 5:08 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
buutenks wrote:
ShadowBardock89 wrote:
I wasn't speaking about damage from Tenshinhan, Gohan, etc. Just that specific attack from Piccolo (in a previous post, I posted the scene from the manga) to demonstrate when Nappa was caught off guard by a weaker opponent and was hurt by them.
But he wasn't hurt like how Raditz was. Raditz was so weak after recieving Gohan's attack, Nappa was not.