About Kinto un...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

About Kinto un...

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Sat May 20, 2017 6:22 am

When Colonal Silver blew up the nimbus cloud it survived, but when Tambourine did it, it was gone for good. Is there an explanation? I'd assume maybe Tambourine was just too powerful.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Re: About Kinto un...

Post by Nejishiki » Sat May 20, 2017 1:34 pm

Dragon Ball Daizenshuu 4: World Guide wrote:WONDER SELECTION
[...]
The Three Special Traits of Kinto-Un
It can freely fly through the air.

Only the owner of a pure heart can ride it.

It can be wiped out by the ki of the Mazoku.
Tambourine was born as a Mazoku, inheriting those special properties.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Sat May 20, 2017 2:38 pm

My first thought would've been that it had something to do with demons' "anyone killed by them is stuck in limbo" property -- so rather than the cloud being able to come back together again like if it had been blown up by someone non-demonic, it ends up trapped in its blown-up state and can't reform itself again.

You'd probably be able to wish the cloud that Tambourine blew up back together using the Dragonballs, just like how people killed by demons can still be wished back normally and then go on to have a normal afterlife rather than getting stuck again the next time they die (assuming they don't get killed by a demon again, that is.)

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Sat May 20, 2017 6:10 pm

Pantalones wrote:My first thought would've been that it had something to do with demons' "anyone killed by them is stuck in limbo" property -- so rather than the cloud being able to come back together again like if it had been blown up by someone non-demonic, it ends up trapped in its blown-up state and can't reform itself again.

You'd probably be able to wish the cloud that Tambourine blew up back together using the Dragonballs, just like how people killed by demons can still be wished back normally and then go on to have a normal afterlife rather than getting stuck again the next time they die (assuming they don't get killed by a demon again, that is.)
When you think about it though, wouldn't the wish to revive everyone killed by King Piccolo auto revive the cloud? After all, Tambourine was the one who killed both Krillin AND Kintoun and as we can plainly see, Krillin was revived.

Anyway, I already asked this question myself. Kind of an odd feeling seeing someone else do it.

All a part of learning the intricacies of Dragon Ball!

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sun May 21, 2017 4:50 pm

Nejishiki's explanation is best, but another plausible explanation is because Tambourine was stronger and therefore his damage was more consequential.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu