I don't understand why Chi-Chi wasn't invited to train with Kami (In-Universe)?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

I don't understand why Chi-Chi wasn't invited to train with Kami (In-Universe)?

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed May 24, 2017 11:30 am

I mean Chiaotzu got invited and that guy, to be frank, sucks. I mean Tao of all people effortlessly defeated him in the preliminary rounds of the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai... the Z-Warriors didn't even care he was defeated so easily. It was obvious from then on he was the weak link of the team... in fact, he was utterly helpless against the Saiyans despite even Yajirobe contributing.

The only logical explanation I can think of is because Korin personally knew Chiaotzu thus making him a better candidate in Kami's eyes.

Now with how modern Dragon Ball is written, Muten Roshi not getting invited doesn't make sense either but the original series had a recurring theme that the new gen is far superior to the old one and Chi-Chi was shown as a natural-born fighter like the other human Z-Warriors so she should be able to keep up with them far better than Chiaotzu. She probably was already stronger than mime boy before he trained with Kami.

Thoughts...?
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: I don't understand why Chi-Chi wasn't invited to train with Kami (In-Universe)?

Post by Chuquita » Wed May 24, 2017 11:54 am

I think if seeing the Piccolo vs Gokû fight at the 23rd hadn't turned her off of martial arts as a good thing that she would've continued to train. It's possible that up until then she hadn't seen anything as wild and brutal as the techniques Piccolo Jr used and after that it took until the Buu arc to change her mind again.

By the same token I think if Chi-Chi was invited pre-23rd tournament to train at Kami's she would have taken them up of the offer.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TheZFighter
Regular

Re: I don't understand why Chi-Chi wasn't invited to train with Kami (In-Universe)?

Post by TheZFighter » Wed May 24, 2017 1:41 pm

She'd have settled down into parenthood and given up martial arts/ training though right?
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed May 24, 2017 1:44 pm

Out of universe reason: Women are not allowed to have large fighting roles.
In universe reason: Women are not allowed to have large fighting roles.

(*occasional exceptions to the rule may be made contingent on relative Waifu potential)

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Wed May 24, 2017 5:59 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:She probably was already stronger than mime boy before he trained with Kami.
Thoughts...?
Well, it was said that Roshi that Tien and the others surpassed him in terms of power by the time of the 23rd Budokai, that includes Chiaotzu. Chi Chi, however, I don't see her above Roshi, but in order for Roshi to be amazed at Chi Chi by calling her a master, I'd say she's near Roshi's level, but not surpassing him. Adding to that, there's a source somewhere that states Chi Chi's power level at 130, which is more than Tsuru's 120, but less than Roshi's 139 (or less, maybe a 135 assuming Roshi trained), and that still gives credit for Chi Chi to be considered a "master" in the eyes of Roshi.

However, I do agree with you that Chi Chi has more potential than Chiaotzu. I mean, just look at how low Chiaotzu's power boosts in training are. He got just to 610, which is less than other boosts the others had. It seems that his physical size and body texture prevent him from making them. Chi Chi on the other hand, I think she would do pretty well just like Tien, Krillin and Yamcha.

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Fri May 26, 2017 6:06 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:I mean Chiaotzu got invited and that guy, to be frank, sucks. I mean Tao of all people effortlessly defeated him in the preliminary rounds of the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai... the Z-Warriors didn't even care he was defeated so easily. It was obvious from then on he was the weak link of the team... in fact, he was utterly helpless against the Saiyans despite even Yajirobe contributing.

The only logical explanation I can think of is because Korin personally knew Chiaotzu thus making him a better candidate in Kami's eyes.

Now with how modern Dragon Ball is written, Muten Roshi not getting invited doesn't make sense either but the original series had a recurring theme that the new gen is far superior to the old one and Chi-Chi was shown as a natural-born fighter like the other human Z-Warriors so she should be able to keep up with them far better than Chiaotzu. She probably was already stronger than mime boy before he trained with Kami.

Thoughts...?
You are seriously underestimating Chaozu. Chaozu is still a super human. Trained with Tsuru, Tao, Karin, Kami, Kaio and Ten for years.

Chi Chi doesn't know shit about KI manipulation let alone telekenesis abilities, Chaozu is way, way stronger than her, way faster, way more talented, no point in inviting her over Chaozu. Yajirobe got invited because he was really strong altough he doesn't knew shit about energy manipulation, his physical strenght was so great and that alone was enough to get an invite from Kami. Chi Chi hasn't any special trait to be developed, no point of being invited by Kami.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri May 26, 2017 8:14 am

Roronoa-pt wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:I mean Chiaotzu got invited and that guy, to be frank, sucks. I mean Tao of all people effortlessly defeated him in the preliminary rounds of the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai... the Z-Warriors didn't even care he was defeated so easily. It was obvious from then on he was the weak link of the team... in fact, he was utterly helpless against the Saiyans despite even Yajirobe contributing.

Thoughts...?
You are seriously underestimating Chaozu. Chaozu is still a super human. Trained with Tsuru, Tao, Karin, Kami, Kaio and Ten for years.

Chi Chi doesn't know shit about KI manipulation let alone telekenesis abilities, Chaozu is way, way stronger than her, way faster, way more talented, no point in inviting her over Chaozu. Yajirobe got invited because he was really strong altough he doesn't knew shit about energy manipulation, his physical strenght was so great and that alone was enough to get an invite from Kami. Chi Chi hasn't any special trait to be developed, no point of being invited by Kami.
I'm not underestimating Chiaotzu at all I'm just saying tell truth. He was shown as a super untalented and easy-to-see-through fighter without his telekinesis plus even after all that training he was still total deadweight.

Chi-Chi's physical feats (as few as they are) far exceed Chiaotzu's so I think she can easily surpass him under the right circumstances. You also can't say for fact she (or Yajirobe for that matter) don't know ki manipulation.
dragonball0900 wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:She probably was already stronger than mime boy before he trained with Kami.
Thoughts...?
Well, it was said that Roshi that Tien and the others surpassed him in terms of power by the time of the 23rd Budokai, that includes Chiaotzu. Chi Chi, however, I don't see her above Roshi, but in order for Roshi to be amazed at Chi Chi by calling her a master, I'd say she's near Roshi's level, but not surpassing him. Adding to that, there's a source somewhere that states Chi Chi's power level at 130, which is more than Tsuru's 120, but less than Roshi's 139 (or less, maybe a 135 assuming Roshi trained), and that still gives credit for Chi Chi to be considered a "master" in the eyes of Roshi.

However, I do agree with you that Chi Chi has more potential than Chiaotzu. I mean, just look at how low Chiaotzu's power boosts in training are. He got just to 610, which is less than other boosts the others had. It seems that his physical size and body texture prevent him from making them. Chi Chi on the other hand, I think she would do pretty well just like Tien, Krillin and Yamcha.
To be fair Roshi was speaking on Goku,Tien, Yamcha, and Krillin specifically so we don't know for a fact he was talking about Chiaotzu.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.