What created the misconception that SSJGod>SSJ Blue?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Regular

What created the misconception that SSJGod>SSJ Blue?

Post by AvatarReiko » Fri May 26, 2017 12:55 am

After ROF arc/movie, there was a lot of confusion on what SSJ Blue was and whether it was stronger than the ordinary SSJ God or not and lot of people thought the red form was stronger? Where did this misconception come from? Mistranslation or perhaps Super's retelling of BOG/ROF events?

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: What created the misconception that SSJGod>SSJ Blue?

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri May 26, 2017 12:58 am

I first noticed it after the BoG Arc, in which SSG demonstrated the ability to heal the user. Prior to that, and everything afterwards up until Chapter 13 of Toyotaro's manga implied that the two transformations were equal, but Blue was without a set time limit.

Who knows where the idea came from? It could be the aesthetic, perhaps it's the spectacle of the ritual. It's impossible to say for sure
Retired.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Fri May 26, 2017 1:14 am

The fact that everyone and their mother is able to fight Goku at SSB.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri May 26, 2017 1:17 am

dragon boss z wrote:The fact that everyone and their mother is able to fight Goku at SSB.
On that note, 100% of the people Goku has fought in SSG were far more powerful than him, manga notwithstanding. Which is to say, he's only ever fought Beerus with that transformation, so it's an invalid base for comparison.
Retired.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Fri May 26, 2017 1:21 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:The fact that everyone and their mother is able to fight Goku at SSB.
On that note, 100% of the people Goku has fought in SSG were far more powerful than him, manga notwithstanding. Which is to say, he's only ever fought Beerus with that transformation, so it's an invalid base for comparison.
I know, but Beerus finger flicked everyone else with less power, him and Goku were causing universal shockwaves (this never happens again), and Toriyama stated SSG was 60% of Beerus in an interview about BoG. So adding all of these up, I can see where people came up with SSG>SSB.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri May 26, 2017 1:27 am

Toriyama said in an older interview (before RoF was even announced) that red seemed like a stronger color than blue, hence why he used red for SSJG. That might have something to do with it.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147