Most ridiculous thing in DragonBall?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Most ridiculous thing in DragonBall?

Post by MagmonKai » Sat May 27, 2017 10:05 pm

Future Trunks Killing Merged Zamasu. That should have never happened the way it did.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun May 28, 2017 4:34 am

Future trunks, super edition..
Every thing about him was bull..
If I had to pin point, the spirit sword takes the poo cake
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Eight-Star Dragon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Eight-Star Dragon » Mon May 29, 2017 1:56 am

Probably Goku and Chi-Chi never kissing on the lips according to Super despite living together for the better part of a decade and having two children.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:58 am

The whole monster carrot arc, thought that's when dragon ball was more gag like.

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:14 am

theherodjl wrote:Broly.
How could we forget the guy that has stigmatized many members of the DB fanbase just by appearing in a few movies and creating a never ending debate regarding his strength, status, and hypothetical potential in DB lore???
This. I can't help but wonder what the fandom would be like if Broly never existed. Would probably be a lot more peaceful if anything, although we might have had another equally polarising character making people lose their minds.

Ikari Trunks in Super was pretty ridiculous too. I get that Future Trunks is a hugely popular and marketable character, likely to make Toei a crapton of money through merchandise sales, but still... it was just one asspull after another, and seriously hurt the credibility of the already flawed story. Super's powerscaling has been pretty whack as a whole, but I don't think anything was as absurd as Ikari Trunks standing up to Merged Zamasu with a Spirit Sword fuelled by the life energy of a handful of people on Earth.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:48 am

Tao Pai Pai. Look at this magnificent bastard.

Not sure where this notion that "ridiculous things in Dragon Ball are bad" comes from. :P

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:25 pm

Gotenks obtaining SSJ3 out of nowhere.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:48 am

The apparent background genocide of the beast-folk save Puar, Oolong, and Shu.

Key eye witnesses and presumably videotaped proof of crazy things happening at the Budokais and other fighting tournaments or whatever, being forgotten when Mark came into prominence. People even forgot about King Piccolo's feats. How the Eff does that even happen?

And 28 Planets. Makes Freeza's main job: Wiping out a previous civilization and selling the planet to another species, kind of a worthless occupation.

Super_Divine_Genki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super_Divine_Genki » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:15 pm

precita wrote:People who say episodes without any fighting are "boring" or "filler" even if those same scenes are in the manga. Some people have no clue what the Dragonball franchise is actually about.
Dragon Ball Z episodes #146 "Goku Awakens to Battle! Go Beyond Super Saiyan!!" & #147 "Hasten Your Training, Saiyans! In the Room of Spirit and Time..."! These are examples of Gold Standard back-to-back episodes that featured great character moments, tension, and deliberation -- but no fighting.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:35 pm

Depending in how it goes, cauliflowa SS2 within hours of her pulling SS when Cabba saying it's hard to maintain SS alone might just get in the my list here..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:13 am

AloversGaming wrote:28 planets.
That's not ridiculous, that was already heavily implied years ago.

I'm glad they kept it consistent actually.

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:35 am

The moment Goku starts struggling against a character. "Goku is holding baaaack". "Perfect Ki control"

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:33 am

Bulma hooking up with Vegeta for the sole plot sake of more half breed saiyans. Not that I particularly dislike Future Trunks, but it smacked of plot convienience.

Bulma was shitting herself inside out about Vegeta originally, he's responsible for Yamcha's death and Vegeta even was against the idea of creating half saiyan sprogs when he and Nappa originally came to Earth. If I recall right Nappa suggested it and Vegeta was against more powerful runts than he and Nappa running around. Not a single part of their hook up felt organic.

In terms of GOOD ridiculousness; the Ginyu Force. Uttery ridiculous. Loved them.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:53 pm

The fanbase during the Goku vs Kuririn and Goku vs 17 fights are the most ridiculous things I've ever seen so far. I don't think anything will top that.

As for in-universe stuff, Tao Pai Pai is the most ridiculous villain in the series. Every single thing he does is over the top and hilarious. Majin Buu is second.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:05 pm

Goku using his tail as a helicopter was pretty damn ridiculous. Can you imagine Vegeta doing that during the Saiyan saga? "Kakarot, you fool! Without your tail you're powerless against my aerial superiority!"

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:21 am

Namekian's having clear biological differences between all of them, even though they're asexual. I've never found a proper explanation for that besides it's Dragon Ball.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:04 pm

The Pilaf Gang. Hilarious though they are, it's kind of ridiculous how they're able to survive pretty much anything and have limitless resources at their disposal.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by flashback0180 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:00 pm

Roshi being stronger than yamcha

Deathbringer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Deathbringer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:52 pm

The word ridiculous can mean a lot of things, like there can be something that's ridiculous in a way that makes you laugh or in a way that confuses you or even annoys you.

So for something ridiculous that makes me laugh it definitely has to be everything about Tao Pai Pai, from killing Blue with his tongue, to taking a bath in boiling water to throwing a pillar and riding on it for miles, he's sort of like those characters that JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (specifically Stardust Crusaders) uses as villains because everything he does is ridiculous but in a way that, as a viewer/reader, you just go with it and it makes him so cool and threatening.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:10 pm

Akyon wrote:Bulma hooking up with Vegeta for the sole plot sake of more half breed saiyans. Not that I particularly dislike Future Trunks, but it smacked of plot convienience.

Bulma was shitting herself inside out about Vegeta originally, he's responsible for Yamcha's death and Vegeta even was against the idea of creating half saiyan sprogs when he and Nappa originally came to Earth. If I recall right Nappa suggested it and Vegeta was against more powerful runts than he and Nappa running around. Not a single part of their hook up felt organic.

In terms of GOOD ridiculousness; the Ginyu Force. Uttery ridiculous. Loved them.
This inspired me to create a new forum on Yamcha.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl