Why wasn't Android 16 already activated?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Generico Garbagio
Beyond Newbie

Why wasn't Android 16 already activated?

Post by Generico Garbagio » Fri May 26, 2017 6:57 pm

I have another question that I wish to throw out there.

Was there a reason that Gero didn't activate 16 instead of 17 and 18? I mean, we saw what happened when 16 was activated, wasn't he just stronger and less rebellious?

It seems like a bad idea to active two androids that have history of being rebellious and still could easily kill you, VS 1 android only. Why did he activate 17 and 18 once before anyway and not 16 then? Or DID he activate 16 before?

He just sounds like a bad scientist. (sorry Gero) (Bet 19 could "suck your energy" real good amirite?)

If you did read it please tell me how.

GigaDrill
Beyond Newbie

Re: Why wasn't Android 16 already activated?

Post by GigaDrill » Fri May 26, 2017 6:59 pm

Maybe he wasn't done [spoiler]installing his son's memories into 16?[/spoiler]

Generico Garbagio
Beyond Newbie

Post by Generico Garbagio » Fri May 26, 2017 7:07 pm

GigaDrill wrote:Maybe he wasn't done [spoiler]installing his son's memories into 16?[/spoiler]
He didn't want to activate 17 or 18 either or he wouldn't bother randomly attacking a city to draw in Goku with his fat doll android. In an emergency 16 seems like a much, much better option.

Do you think it was purely an emotional reason?

If you did read it please tell me how.

LuckyCat
Advanced Regular

Post by LuckyCat » Sat May 27, 2017 12:05 am

Gero clearly didn't trust #16 to obey his orders in his plan for world domination. #16 was too interested in nature preservation to be useful for a bad guy.

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Sat May 27, 2017 4:33 pm

Funny 16 was the one all into protecting nature and animals, but 17 has since become a park ranger.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.