Was Freeza after the same wish as Piccolo Daimao?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

Was Freeza after the same wish as Piccolo Daimao?

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Mon May 29, 2017 10:58 am

Daimao was seeking Eternal youth while Freeza seemed eternal life. Are those things one in the same. Do you think Freeza would have gotten younger?

Generico Garbagio
Beyond Newbie

Re: Was Freeza after the same wish as Piccolo Daimao.

Post by Generico Garbagio » Mon May 29, 2017 11:01 am

I think Frieza just wanted the same thing that Zamasu got, basically. I don't think he would've gotten younger, seeing as he didn't really look old either. Plus his dad didn't look very old, so probably his race can live for very long.

If you did read it please tell me how.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon May 29, 2017 11:06 am

I imagine Piccolo's wish would have played out similarly to Lord Slug's; he would never age but could still be killed. Frieza's wish sounds more like straight immortality. He cannot die period.

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Mon May 29, 2017 11:51 am

Generico Garbagio wrote:I think Frieza just wanted the same thing that Zamasu got, basically. I don't think he would've gotten younger, seeing as he didn't really look old either. Plus his dad didn't look very old, so probably his race can live for very long.
I'd imagine like garlic Jr. I don't pay any attention to the BOG era content with a Super and all. Just the original content with the exception of Kai as my favorite form of Z.

Generico Garbagio
Beyond Newbie

Post by Generico Garbagio » Mon May 29, 2017 11:56 am

OWmyDragonBallz wrote:
Generico Garbagio wrote:I think Frieza just wanted the same thing that Zamasu got, basically. I don't think he would've gotten younger, seeing as he didn't really look old either. Plus his dad didn't look very old, so probably his race can live for very long.
I'd imagine like garlic Jr. I don't pay any attention to the BOG era content with a Super and all. Just the original content with the exception of Kai as my favorite form of Z.
WHAT?

ARE YOU INSANE?

YOU DO NOT WATCH SUPER?

DON'T YOU LIKE OFFICIAL FANFICS?

Well two can play that game. I NEVER WATCHED THE GARLIC MOVIE NOR THE FILLER ARC! HA!

If you did read it please tell me how.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Re: Was Freeza after the same wish as Piccolo Daimao?

Post by Pantalones » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:27 pm

...didn't Garlic Jr.'s immortality basically work the same as Zamasu's? Like, they could both be knocked around and hurt like normal, but any damage you manage to cause them just automatically heals itself and they can't die from any of it. Things only got weird for Zamasu after he fused with the not-immortal Black.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:19 am

I doubt Freeza needed to age backwards. He probably wanted immortality, to be the strongest forever no matter what, and to rule the whole universe, if that's possible to wish for.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:07 am

Not sure why characters assumed immortality would be a surefire means of guaranteeing their position as strongest. When Garlic Jr and Zamasu were damaged, there was clearly a small window of lag before the injury was healed. In the Super manga, Vegetto seemed primed to wipe merged Zamasu from existence until he defused at the last second. I don't see why Freeza or Vegeta wouldn't have been susceptible to the same frailty. They have eternal life and regeneration, not indestructibility. If the immortality was absolute then no one could kill them, not even the likes Zeno.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:35 pm

Lionel wrote:Not sure why characters assumed immortality would be a surefire means of guaranteeing their position as strongest. When Garlic Jr and Zamasu were damaged, there was clearly a small window of lag before the injury was healed. In the Super manga, Vegetto seemed primed to wipe merged Zamasu from existence until he defused at the last second. I don't see why Freeza or Vegeta wouldn't have been susceptible to the same frailty. They have eternal life and regeneration, not indestructibility. If the immortality was absolute then no one could kill them, not even the likes Zeno.
Frieza was already the strongest mortal of his universe so being immortal would of secured his hold over the universe unless a god stepped in.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:37 pm

The irony was Frieza was almost basically immortal anyway.

If he can be 'Alive' whilst chunks of meat in the RoF arc, he's 50% of the way there.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."