Bulma gone senile on Namek

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

Bulma gone senile on Namek

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:16 am

Ever since they find out about the events going on with Freeza, Bulma seems like she had forgotten the soul reason why they came there and only wants to get off the planet.
Anyone else notice that when the planet was about to blow up, she wanted the unconscious Piccolo to stay behind and be buried with his people, when Gohan wouldn't allow it.
She obviously forgot that they need Piccolo or the dragon balls would perish. :?
This among a few other things she never thought of.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Re: Bulma gone senile on Namek

Post by Nejishiki » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:22 am

Which moment are you referencing? From what I read, Bluma asked about Goku's whereabouts as Gohan assured he'd explain later. She doesn't say much (or anything) about Piccolo when Namek begins to die. For that matter, Piccolo was already in the spaceship when Gohan planned to leave thus there's no incentive to ditch him behind anywhere.

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:04 am

She'd have been terrified.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:52 am

Nejishiki wrote:Which moment are you referencing? From what I read, Bluma asked about Goku's whereabouts as Gohan assured he'd explain later. She doesn't say much (or anything) about Piccolo when Namek begins to die. For that matter, Piccolo was already in the spaceship when Gohan planned to leave thus there's no incentive to ditch him behind anywhere.
I was watching DBZ Kai when Gohan brings Bulma into the spaceship, and she suggests to leave Piccolo behind on his home planet. So it could be because she was terrified I suppose. That must have been connected to Gohan leaving to go fight Freeza in the anime.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:57 am

Well to be fair, that scene is filler. In the manga Gohan and Bulma never reached the spaceship when they were both going there, since they were transported to Earth at the time. I'd say it's probably another inconsistency of Toei.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:59 am

It's just Bulma being a selfish bitch. Nothing terribly out of the ordinary.

Though the scene with her trying to leave Piccolo behind is filler.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:18 am

She wasn't acting out of senility, she would most likely be panicking and terrified so she wouldn't be thinking straight.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:40 am

Can you blame Buma for being terrified? She was stranded on an unknown alien world with the organisation who's associates murdered the Z-fighters in the first place based there trying to extort the Dragon Balls out of the Namekians. You have both a conflict of interests and an overwhelmingly powerful group who wouldn't hesitate to reduce both her companions and herself to cinders. The situation became so bad that she was forced into hiding for her life.

I would be shocked if Bulma wasn't reduced to grousing and twitching. Nothing about Namek was going her way. The only means for her to escape was destroyed and it's not like she knew exactly where Goku's ship was for her to commandeer.

Gray Riders
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gray Riders » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:15 am

Lionel wrote: I would be shocked if Bulma wasn't reduced to grousing and twitching. Nothing about Namek was going her way. The only means for her to escape was destroyed and it's not like she knew exactly where Goku's ship was for her to commandeer.
They're talking about an anime-only scene where she is already on Goku's ship and trying to convince Gohan to leave Piccolo (who is also on the ship) behind to die, thereby undoing the entire point of the visit (getting the earth dragon balls back).