Goku in the ROSAT during training with kami.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

Goku in the ROSAT during training with kami.

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:30 am

Was this mentioned in the manga, or was this an anime only thing. It mentioned that the gravity = King Kai's planet, 10X of Earth. That explains why goku couldn't last a month, but still on the Saiyan saga, he could barely move when he got to Kaio's world. Does this add up to anyone?

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Re: Goku in the ROSAT during training with kami.

Post by Darkprince410 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:58 pm

It was indeed established in the Cell arc of the manga that Goku had spent a month in the Room.

We don't know to what degree Goku was able to actually train or anything within the Room when he was younger, to where he may not have been able to move about freely at all during the course of that month and was still heavily encumbered. Additionally, the better half of a decade had passed between his training with Kami and the eventual training with Kaiou, to where he may have grown unaccustomed to the heavier gravity of Kaiou's planet, as well as not being of a sufficient battle power to be able to shrug it off easily.

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:17 pm

The 1 month is true. I can't imagine he could do very much except attempt to endure the gravity and survive the environment. Otherwise I'm quite sure the power gain between the start of his training to the 23rd Tenkaichi would have been far more massive than what we saw.
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:49 am

Darkprince410 wrote:It was indeed established in the Cell arc of the manga that Goku had spent a month in the Room.

We don't know to what degree Goku was able to actually train or anything within the Room when he was younger, to where he may not have been able to move about freely at all during the course of that month and was still heavily encumbered. Additionally, the better half of a decade had passed between his training with Kami and the eventual training with Kaiou, to where he may have grown unaccustomed to the heavier gravity of Kaiou's planet, as well as not being of a sufficient battle power to be able to shrug it off easily.
And if I remember correctly, didnt Piccolo and Goku bring it up a bit earlier on the plane when he goes to pick up Gohan.

mcdjbeatz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by mcdjbeatz » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:14 am

Source:
Viz Dragon Ball Z Volume 15
P 70, Context: Goku and Piccolo discuss the room of spirit and time on the plane
Piccolo: Of course ... But nobody has been to stay for the whole year in that room. You could barely stand a month in your youth.
P 75, Context: Trunks and Vegeta enter the ROSAT
Trunks: I-it's so hot... The air is thin... and the gravity is much greater.
P 76, Context: Trunks and Vegeta enter the ROSAT
Trunks: No wonder Goku couldn't stay for more than a month
Viz Dragon Ball Z Volume 16
P 55, Goku and Gohan enter the ROSAT, Goku shows Gohan around
Goku: Go over there and you'll see why I couldn't stand to stay here for more than a month when I was little
P 56, Goku and Gohan enter the ROSAT, Goku shows Gohan around
Goku: It's rough here. Temperatures go from -40 to 120 degrees. It's a blank world with only 1/4 as much air and 10 times the gravity of earth.

It is first mentioned by Piccolo that Goku stayed in the ROSAT for a month in his youth while training with Kami and reinforced by Trunks and Goku himself, it is stated by Goku that the gravity is 10x times that of earth and that the temperature varies widely. It is also mentioned by Trunks that the air was thin, the gravity is greater and the atmosphere was hot when Trunks and Vegeta entered which gives an idea how harsh training in this place would be. Given that Trunks was affected by the gravity in his base it is plausible that it would take a while to get accustomed for someone as weak as Goku was in his youth which may have taken more time than the month that he spent in there.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:00 pm

Id wager he didnt do much in the room that month. Also his body probably didnt stay acclimated long since it was only a month and then back to normal for years.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:44 pm

Wasn't Goku capable of barely navigating through 10x gravity with the weighted apparel from the beginning of the Saiyan arc anchoring him down? If you believe Piccolo Daimao arc Goku to have a power level of 260 then the disparity would have only been 21.68%, a large albeit not wholly insurmountable gap. If Goku is only capable of crawling then that's still a start. He could have worked himself up from there. Climactic extremities shouldn't be an issue for him either considering he traveled across the globe during the intermission between the Baba and 22nd tournament arcs. The largest factor behind succumbing to the rigours of the room were probably more psychological in nature since it's an endless abyss with no contact with anyone, no colour, no creation, except for the extreme fluctuations in climate.