Things in Dragon Ball that we still don't have answers to

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

uncutpokemon
Not-So-Newbie

Things in Dragon Ball that we still don't have answers to

Post by uncutpokemon » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:17 pm

So even after the original DBZ series ended, I was still left wondering a lot of things about this world Toriyama created. And while some of these have been answered in Super (such as what happened to Buu in the Trunks future, and can females go Super Saiyan), many questions still remain unanswered, and judging by the shows continuity some will likely never be answered even by the end of Super. So here's a few questions that I still don't have an answer to as of now.

-What happened to Majin Buu in Cell's future?
-What would happen if a male character did a fusion (either through Portara earrings, or fusion dance) with a female character?
-How long would Raditz's hair be if he went Super Saiyan 3?
-What happens if a Saiyan with a tail goes super saiyan, and sees a full moon?
-What happened to Goten and Trunks's tails?
-How much Saiyan blood is needed to go Super Saiyan?
-If a fused female character gets pregnant, what happens after the fusion wears off?
-If Ginyu uses the body swap trick on a fused character, what happens when the fusion wears off?
-What did Captain Ginyu originally look like?
-Can Vegeta go Super Saiyan 3?

Feel free to post some questions you have, and some theories you have to the ones I included. I'm only using canon material, so no GT, movies, video games, or the abridged series as answers, but feel free to reference them as possible theories.

precita
Banned

Re: Things in Dragon Ball that we still don't have answers to

Post by precita » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:55 pm

The thing is a lot of those questions aren't really important and feel like stuff for fanfiction. Can Vegeta go SSJ3 for example...does it really matter? If Radditz went Super Saiyan 3? Literally stuff for Dragonball Heroes and other spinoff nonsense.

The only thing I would like explained is Mr. Popo's backstory or origin, something we still don't know. Did the first God of Earth create him?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:56 pm

I think the strangest item dropped in Super so far has been this "Namekian Book of Legends". Like, seriously. What even is that. Why would you say that.

Regarding male/female fusion, you could look at the Elder Kaioshin and the witch he fused with as an example. I guess? Maybe?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:33 pm

Did Vegeta and Nappa ever use the bathroom on the trip to Earth?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:58 pm

uncutpokemon wrote: -What happened to Majin Buu in Cell's future?
-How long would Raditz's hair be if he went Super Saiyan 3?
-What happens if a Saiyan with a tail goes super saiyan, and sees a full moon?
-What happened to Goten and Trunks's tails?
-If a fused female character gets pregnant, what happens after the fusion wears off?
-If Ginyu uses the body swap trick on a fused character, what happens when the fusion wears off?
-What did Captain Ginyu originally look like?
-Can Vegeta go Super Saiyan 3?
He's still sealed away.
I think it would stay the same.
Maybe he'd turn into a Golden Ozaru ?
I think Toriyama said they weren't born with them or they were removed to prevent them from turning Ozaru.
Maybe both will get part of a twin couple.
He might die or just end up in one of the separate characters.
I've been wanting to know about this for ahile.
If Goku could go 3 with his Buu arc power level then surely Vegeta can at this point due to his power being faaaaaaaar stronger than what the form required in the Buu arc.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:Did Vegeta and Nappa ever use the bathroom on the trip to Earth?
Weren't they sleeping the whole time ?
VegettoEX wrote:I think the strangest item dropped in Super so far has been this "Namekian Book of Legends". Like, seriously. What even is that. Why would you say that.
Maybe to hype up Piccolo ? Still to this day fans will bring it up whenever it seems like Piccolo is going to get to do something so if that's why they did it then it worked. What I'd like to know is who brought it up ? was it Toriyama's idea to use in a later arc or Toei's to use in a movie ? or was it just brought up to make the Namakiens seem more important ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

uncutpokemon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by uncutpokemon » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:15 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Regarding male/female fusion, you could look at the Elder Kaioshin and the witch he fused with as an example. I guess? Maybe?
Eh, I kinda see Kais as somewhat genderless, so I'm not gonna count that. I'm talking if both people fusing are human/Saiyan/humanoid characters. Maybe the result would be something like Stevonnie from Stevon Universe?

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:30 pm

Where on Dragon Ball's Earth is Penguin Village located?
Retired.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:52 pm

We still don't have any answers to whenever or not King Cold can transform, or whenever or not Freeza's race is asexual or sexual, or what Freeza's race name is, and whenever or not if Freeza's race are even capable of editing the suppressed states beyond the basic design. Important questions, I know.

Also we don't know the name to Zarbon's race, or Dodoria's race, or whenever or not Ginyu used his Body Change in the past. We also have no idea why Gero made 18 and 17 so much stronger than himself, instead of just upgrading himself with their cybernetics, and cutting out the middle man.

We have no idea why Cell's Time Machine, the one that was programmed to go one year before Mecha Freeza arrived when it was specifically made to go during when Mecha Freeza was arrived on Earth. Also, what did Black and Zamasu do in their love shack?

uncutpokemon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by uncutpokemon » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:27 pm

Gog wrote:We still don't have any answers to whenever or not King Cold can transform,
I would assume he can if he trained like Frieza did
Gog wrote:or whenever or not Freeza's race is asexual or sexual,
Does it really matter? Personally I'd rather not know how his race reproduces
Gog wrote:or what Freeza's race name is,
I think someone said they're called frost demons
Gog wrote:and whenever or not if Freeza's race are even capable of editing the suppressed states beyond the basic design. Important questions, I know.

What do you mean by capable of editing the suppressed states beyond the basic design?
Gog wrote:Also we don't know the name to Zarbon's race, or Dodoria's race, or whenever or not Ginyu used his Body Change in the past.

Not sure about Zarbon and Dodoria's races, but I do know that Dodoria is the the most fertile of said race :D . Actually we do know that he's used it prior to his introduction since Jeice recognized the move before he used it, implying that he's seen Ginyu use it before.
Gog wrote:We also have no idea why Gero made 18 and 17 so much stronger than himself, instead of just upgrading himself with their cybernetics, and cutting out the middle man.

17 & 18 are stronger, but the problem was that they were harder to control, that's likely why
Gog wrote:We have no idea why Cell's Time Machine, the one that was programmed to go one year before Mecha Freeza arrived when it was specifically made to go during when Mecha Freeza was arrived on Earth.

Maybe he reprogrammed it?
Gog wrote: Also, what did Black and Zamasu do in their love shack?
That's none of our business, give them some privacy :wink:

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:34 pm

We still don't have answers as to how the characters can fire magical fireballs or how balls can summon a dragon or how dragons exist or how a race of slug people exists in a planet with 3 suns or how characters can change their hair color. Dragon Ball is anti-science.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:53 pm

uncutpokemon wrote: I would assume he can if he trained like Frieza did
Freeza's forms function as suppression for his true form. Training doesn't really make a difference in that regard. Even then Freeza never trained before he was killed and revived.
Does it really matter? Personally I'd rather not know how his race reproduces
Does it really matter whenever or not we ever find out how long Raditz's hair would be in SSJ3? Does it really matter if we find about whenever or not what happened to Goten and Trunks's tails? It's just a question I'm interested in.
I think someone said they're called frost demons
Nah, that's a fan made name from the Webcomic Dragon Ball Multiverse.
What do you mean by capable of editing the suppressed states beyond the basic design?
Basically the actual shape of the form itself. Honestly, this question arose from the fact Frost's forms were nearly identical to Freeza's forms. Besides some minor details of course, and heck even Freeza's son Kuriza who only had one suppression form looked near identical to Freeza's first form. Minus the horns of course.
17 & 18 are stronger, but the problem was that they were harder to control, that's likely why
If 17, and 18 were both harder to control why didn't Dr. Gero just simply augment himself with their cybernetics? Not only eliminating a threat to his life, but also greatly increasing his power.
Maybe he reprogrammed it?
He couldn't even fit in the Time Machine in the first place, what chance is there of Cell reprogramming it?

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:14 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:Where on Dragon Ball's Earth is Penguin Village located?
This image seems to be from Daizenshuu.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:21 am

VegettoEX wrote:I think the strangest item dropped in Super so far has been this "Namekian Book of Legends". Like, seriously. What even is that. Why would you say that.
Argh, no! Don't encourage that! You'll get the fanbase in a tizzy about it being a well-thought-out intentional bit of foreshadowing again!

The real mystery is why the Pilaf gang are all young in Super. The TV version of the movie arcs never bothered to tell us. We can only speculate.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:01 am

Cipher wrote:
Argh, no! Don't encourage that! You'll get the fanbase in a tizzy about it being a well-thought-out intentional bit of foreshadowing again!

The real mystery is why the Pilaf gang are all young in Super. The TV version of the movie arcs never bothered to tell us. We can only speculate.
The Namekian Book of Legends foreshadowed Piccolo unlocking Gohan's ultimate form again. It was all there.

uncutpokemon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by uncutpokemon » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:15 am

Cipher wrote:The real mystery is why the Pilaf gang are all young in Super. The TV version of the movie arcs never bothered to tell us. We can only speculate.
The movie answered it, they used the dragonballs to become younger, on accident.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:17 am

uncutpokemon wrote:The movie answered it, they used the dragonballs to become younger, on accident.
The movies aren't in continuity with the series and the series stands on its own as a replacement for people who missed the movies.

We'll never know.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:51 am

I've got one - where did all of existence come from? We know that the Kaioshin passively cause planets and stars to be created, but something had to start off that process in the beginning. And the Kaioshin is a temporary position filled by different people over the history of a universe. Zeno doesn't seem like the guy who would have created everything, as he seems to exist only to destroy things. So where did it all originally come from?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:03 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I've got one - where did all of existence come from? We know that the Kaioshin passively cause planets and stars to be created, but something had to start off that process in the beginning. And the Kaioshin is a temporary position filled by different people over the history of a universe. Zeno doesn't seem like the guy who would have created everything, as he seems to exist only to destroy things. So where did it all originally come from?
It's turtles all the way down. I hope there are an infinite number of gods above Zeno, and known of them fully understand the hierarchy or how it was created.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:24 am

Cipher wrote:
uncutpokemon wrote:The movie answered it, they used the dragonballs to become younger, on accident.
The movies aren't in continuity with the series and the series stands on its own as a replacement for people who missed the movies.

We'll never know.
The manga has an extra chapter showing the events

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:49 am

Cipher wrote:

We'll never know.
I don't remember Super ever stating they were turned into kids so we can assume that the Pilaf gang moved on and had families and this is Pilaf gang 2.0.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.