Things in Dragon Ball that we still don't have answers to

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Things in Dragon Ball that we still don't have answers to

Post by PremiumSalt » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:46 am

Cipher wrote:
uncutpokemon wrote:The movie answered it, they used the dragonballs to become younger, on accident.
The movies aren't in continuity with the series and the series stands on its own as a replacement for people who missed the movies.

We'll never know.
I strongly doubt that the lack of explanation in the series was anything more than an oversight on the writers part, the movie's explaination is more than likely still valid, and until we get anything in the series, I see no reason to disregard it, especially considering that the manga also uses the movie explanation.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:57 am

precita wrote:The only thing I would like explained is Mr. Popo's backstory or origin, something we still don't know. Did the first God of Earth create him?
Amusingly enough, you received an answer for this before. :P

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:10 am

They show Pilaf's gang wishing themselves into kids in the manga.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:31 am

uncutpokemon wrote:-What happened to Majin Buu in Cell's future?
I'm pretty sure Babidi couldn't bring him back from his cocoon as there wasn't any strong fighter there.
uncutpokemon wrote:-What would happen if a male character did a fusion (either through Portara earrings, or fusion dance) with a female character?
Besides Ro Kaioshin as mentioned earlier, see this for more information.
uncutpokemon wrote:-How long would Raditz's hair be if he went Super Saiyan 3?
That was already answered. See Super Dragon Ball Heroes.
uncutpokemon wrote:-What happens if a Saiyan with a tail goes super saiyan, and sees a full moon?
He would probably become Golden Oozaru (?). Isn't that supposed to be a "Super Saiyan version" of Oozaru?
uncutpokemon wrote:-What happened to Goten and Trunks's tails?
In 2003, Toriyama said they were born without them because the tails are a recessive trait. We don't know what would be his explanation for this issue nowadays.
uncutpokemon wrote:-How much Saiyan blood is needed to go Super Saiyan?
Who knows? Even 216 years after the manga, the descendants of Goku and Vegeta still can go Super Saiyan.
uncutpokemon wrote:-Can Vegeta go Super Saiyan 3?
Yes. Why couldn't he?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

uncutpokemon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by uncutpokemon » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:12 pm

Grimlock wrote:I'm pretty sure Babidi couldn't bring him back from his cocoon as there wasn't any strong fighter there.
But he tried to in the future Trunks is from? I know Trunks is strong, but one less person just doesn't seem like enough reason for Babidi to cancel his plans entirely, a delay perhaps, but not cancel. This is possible though.
Grimlock wrote:Besides Ro Kaioshin as mentioned earlier, see this for more information.
I'll accept that as an answer, lol.
Grimlock wrote:That was already answered. See Super Dragon Ball Heroes.
Is that answer canon?
Grimlock wrote:He would probably become Golden Oozaru (?). Isn't that supposed to be a "Super Saiyan version" of Oozaru?
Since I don't consider GT canon, I can't say for sure if this is accurate or not. GT didn't really do a good job explaining how that form works in the first place, so I can't say for sure. Also it leaves the question of what if they're a Super Saiyan 2/3/God/Blue instead?

Grimlock wrote:In 2003, Toriyama said they were born without them because the tails are a recessive trait. We don't know what would be his explanation for this issue nowadays.
Sounds about right, I can also guess that since Caba said that universe 6 Saiyans evolved past the need, that the same happened with Goten and Trunks.
Grimlock wrote:Who knows? Even 216 years after the manga, the descendants of Goku and Vegeta still can go Super Saiyan.
I don't count GT as canon, so I can't quite call that a confirmation
Grimlock wrote:Yes. Why couldn't he?
Because he has yet to do so.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:22 pm

uncutpokemon wrote:Is that answer canon?
Is there any "need" for something to be canon to answer questions? :eh: You wonder how Raditz would look like as a Super Saiyan 3, there is a media showing exactly how he looks like. There's no point in keeping wondering that. No matter if it's canon or not. After all, how and why would you think Super Saiyan 3 Raditz could look different in canon?
uncutpokemon wrote:I don't count GT as canon, so I can't quite call that a confirmation
You do know that I'm talking about Dragon Ball Online, right?
uncutpokemon wrote:Because he has yet to do so.
He actually doesn't have to. You don't need to see it to confirm that something happened or that it "exists/is possible/he has" and etc. There's no logic in thinking Vegeta doesn't have Super Saiyan 3 just because he didn't show it. That's like saying Tarble and all the other Saiyans can't go Oozaru just because it wasn't shown.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:55 pm

Grimlock wrote:He actually doesn't have to. You don't need to see it to confirm that something happened or that it "exists/is possible/he has" and etc. There's no logic in thinking Vegeta doesn't have Super Saiyan 3 just because he didn't show it. That's like saying Tarble and all the other Saiyans can't go Oozaru just because it wasn't shown.
That's not the same thing at all. All Saiyans with tails can become apes by default, Super Saiyan transformations must be unlocked through conscious effort.
Retired.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:04 pm

And you think Vegeta doesn't have/can't have "conscious effort"?

Also, do they really must? Because I'm pretty sure Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2 transformations are actually unlocked via "unconscious effort" except if your name is Goten, Trunks or Caulifla.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:18 pm

Why was Future Trunks' hair blue when he returned in Super?

uncutpokemon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by uncutpokemon » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:01 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Why was Future Trunks' hair blue when he returned in Super?
I assumed that maybe it turned blue from getting older?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:10 pm

What the hell was SSJ Rage

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:02 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:What the hell was SSJ Rage
Basically a Super Saiyan 2 Full Power.

Vegeta's enraged Super Saiyan 2 was like a Super Saiyan 2 Grade 3.

Trunks' upgraded Super Saiyan 2 was like a Super Saiyan 2 Grade 2.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:46 am

ChiefWamsutta wrote:

Sounds like a bad excuse :lol:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:56 am

How did merged Zamasu grow in size all of a sudden?

What was the inspiration behind making the super Dragonballs?

When it took all of earth's energy and a little more for kid buu how did less than 15 people manage to give enough without knowing to destroy merged Zamasu?

How did trunks perform the spirit bomb?

How did black's zenkai work?
Traditionaly they work if a Saiyan is healed, it isn't like a transformation which can be altered because of a different soul having different natural ki, it's biological healing giving strength which black somehow skipped the healing part of..

Why is the Dragon afraid of berrus? If he can be killed by King piccolo level enemy, he should be shaking everytime a person stronger than that appears..
Is it really because he is afraid if dying
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:30 am

Ki Breaker wrote:How did merged Zamasu grow in size all of a sudden?

What was the inspiration behind making the super Dragonballs?

When it took all of earth's energy and a little more for kid buu how did less than 15 people manage to give enough without knowing to destroy merged Zamasu?

How did trunks perform the spirit bomb?

How did black's zenkai work?
Traditionaly they work if a Saiyan is healed, it isn't like a transformation which can be altered because of a different soul having different natural ki, it's biological healing giving strength which black somehow skipped the healing part of..

Why is the Dragon afraid of berrus? If he can be killed by King piccolo level enemy, he should be shaking everytime a person stronger than that appears..
Is it really because he is afraid if dying
I have answers for some of them, but not all of them. With regards to Merged Zamasu, plenty of characters throughout the franchise's history can pump out extra amounts of power at the cost of their speed, like SS Grade 3, Cell's bulky full-power state, etc.

Future Trunks didn't form the Genkidama himself, it sorta just formed by itself when the remaining Humans gave him their Genki. On that note, it destroyed Merged Zamasu's body thanks to a number of factors; it was in a blade-shape, and Ki-shape/type has been demonstrated to allow certain attacks to hit above their grade; Merged Zamasu was arguably an even more evil entity than Pure Buu; and Merged Zamasu's body was breaking down throughout the whole bout.

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:36 pm

Did Vegeta know SSJ2 before he went Majin?

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:40 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:

Not to me at all. I love the idea.

Originally the Saiyans pushed the SS1 to the fourth grade. Then, they learned of the SS2 branch. Super Saiyan 3 was a fluke (as it should have been). It was forcing more power out in the wrong way. In DBSuper, it has emphasized SS2 much more than SS3. Trunks' form, Vegeta's My Bulma, and SSRage were the extension of the SS2 branch. It gained more power in the proper way Super Saiyan does -- anger. SS3 was just a poorly-created overclock.
OWmyDragonBallz wrote:Did Vegeta know SSJ2 before he went Majin?
Yeah, he had to have known SS2. There's no evidence that the Majin influence would allow him a new transformation. He powered up too naturally in SS2. If Babidi unlocked it for him, then Vegeta would have been more surprised.

I see it as:
SS2 Goku (Buu Saga) = SS2 Majin Vegeta (Buu Saga) > SS2 Teen Gohan (Cell Games) = SS2 Vegeta (Buu Saga)

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:08 pm

ChiefWamsutta wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:

Not to me at all. I love the idea.

Originally the Saiyans pushed the SS1 to the fourth grade. Then, they learned of the SS2 branch. Super Saiyan 3 was a fluke (as it should have been). It was forcing more power out in the wrong way. In DBSuper, it has emphasized SS2 much more than SS3. Trunks' form, Vegeta's My Bulma, and SSRage were the extension of the SS2 branch. It gained more power in the proper way Super Saiyan does -- anger. SS3 was just a poorly-created overclock.
OWmyDragonBallz wrote:Did Vegeta know SSJ2 before he went Majin?
Yeah, he had to have known SS2. There's no evidence that the Majin influence would allow him a new transformation. He powered up too naturally in SS2. If Babidi unlocked it for him, then Vegeta would have been more surprised.

I see it as:
SS2 Goku (Buu Saga) = SS2 Majin Vegeta (Buu Saga) > SS2 Teen Gohan (Cell Games) = SS2 Vegeta (Buu Saga)
I agree, but one thing that I don't think will ever be explained is why they referred to Gohan in the Cell games as a teen when he was 9 years old. 16 in the Boo arc.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:16 pm

I never saw any Japanese material referring Cell saga Gohan as "teen". Doesn't this come from English stuff?

Also, Gohan was born in AGE 757, which makes him 10 years old actually. Majin Buu saga takes place before his birthday.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:21 pm

Grimlock wrote:I never saw any Japanese material referring Cell saga Gohan as "teen". Doesn't this come from English stuff?
Just the games.