How come absorbing Gotenks, Gohan, and Piccolo

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IntangibleFancy
Regular

How come absorbing Gotenks, Gohan, and Piccolo

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:18 am

Didn't humble Buu like how the grand Supreme Kai graced him? He has 3 (sorta) pure of heart beings inside of him now.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Re: How come absorbing Gotenks, Gohan, and Piccolo

Post by DHM211 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:28 am

I mean, it did to some extent. It didn't make him "good" by any means, but compare how he acted before absorbing them and after absorbing them.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:43 am

DHM211 wrote:I mean, it did to some extent. It didn't make him "good" by any means, but compare how he acted before absorbing them and after absorbing them.
I don't remember much but I do recall him being able to speak better and toss aside that barbaric personality. (ugh, Super Buu's voice was so grating) Buutenks and Buuhan reminded me of Perfect Cell occasionally.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:48 am

IntangibleFancy wrote:Didn't humble Buu like how the grand Supreme Kai graced him? He has 3 (sorta) pure of heart beings inside of him now.
Keep in mind that the Grand Kaioshin's heart only influenced Boo so heavily before he had much of a mind at all. It makes sense that influence would be minimal once he already has a strong, established personality and a strong will to act as a conscious buffer.
Retired.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:26 am

Buff Buu powered down by virtue of Dai Kaioshin's gentle nature. South Kaioshin gave him a strong and muscular body. Piccolo was taken for his brains and Gotenks for his power. In the end, Buu is a magical creature, because he turned a cookie into one absorption. It's plot magic.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:41 pm

The Grand Kaioshin is a force of cosmic, divine goodness. I think his influence over Boo could fairly be attributed to his unique properties in a way that doesn't conflict with other absorbees not drastically changing his nature.

Even then, Boo was still a killing machine. He just took on the capacity for good.

YajirobiTheGreat
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YajirobiTheGreat » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:35 am

I have always wonder what would have happened if Buu successfully absorbed Goku and Vegeta inside him him to add two more good guys (one being pure), then Tien sealed him with a surprise Mafuba while he's eating, and the Supreme Kai quickly came down and gave him a more formal seal into something like the Z sword where Buu ended up trapped long enough for Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks, Goten, and Piccolo to be assimilated. Maybe all of that combined would be enough for him to become good, or at least close enough to get a chance at redemption depending on how things play out.

Maybe this would all be easier if Fat Buu or Pure Buu did the absorbing instead. Evil and Super Buu seem to be different in the sense they are less influenced by absorptions.