Yamcha's Pride

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Amerigo
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Yamcha's Pride

Post by Amerigo » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:12 am

Dragonballgod19 wrote:
Amerigo wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote: The problem is like tfs krillin said unlike vegeta you can prove it
I don't need to prove that 2 people in a relationship that lasted for nearly 2 decades had sex.

That's common sense, anything else is pure delusion.
It still doesn't change the fact that what they said was basically true.
It was nonsensical and pure delusion.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:44 pm

Dragonballgod19 wrote:
Amerigo wrote:
precita wrote:Yeah, Bulma was a 16 year old sex craved teen. Anyone who thinks she and Yamcha didn't have sex many times before they eventually broke up is kidding themselves. Just look at how much Bulma constantly puts herself out in the original Dragonball.
Exactly. So what's there to be ashamed about?
Yamcha took her virginity and had her for her prime (looks, sex, etc). Hell, they probably even had a few threesomes considering how kinky Bulma was
The problem is like tfs krillin said unlike vegeta you can prove it
Just by seeing the way Bulma acted as a teenager you really think she didn't have sex right away? Also Yamcha/Bulma were a couple for what...almost 15+ years? That's a hell of a long time.

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:23 am

Yamcha have nothing to regret about his break-up with Bulma, he had plentty of sex with her since they were 16 till they were at least 31 (Age 764 when the Future Trunks Saga happened), he had her in her best years.

Besides, any guy knows that if a woman he loved is now siding up (and humping) with someone who did what Vegeta did to them, she is not worth even the mere thought about her which is an unnecessary waste of energy and/or feelings.

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:37 am

Amerigo wrote:
precita wrote:Yeah, Bulma was a 16 year old sex craved teen. Anyone who thinks she and Yamcha didn't have sex many times before they eventually broke up is kidding themselves. Just look at how much Bulma constantly puts herself out in the original Dragonball.
Exactly. So what's there to be ashamed about?
Yamcha took her virginity and had her for her prime (looks, sex, etc). Hell, they probably even had a few threesomes considering how kinky Bulma was
I've just re-read this thread and I have to say this is the highlight for me.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:34 pm

When I was younger, I would believe that yamcha did cheat. However after I reread and rewatched the whole series many times, I chalk it up to Bulma exagerating. Remember, when he moved into town and just because the girls had crushes on him that she got jealouse and said he was unfaithful. So I always chalked it up to Bulma thinking that's what happened because of her own insecurities.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:33 pm

I think Yamcha has some fault on this. He should have surpassed his fears about women, he's not 16 anymore after all. I think he got into a fight with Bulma and, angry, slept with someone else. And in revenge, Bulma slept with someone else. It just happened that Vegeta was the first guy Bulma found. This way things make much more sense IMO.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Zeru14
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeru14 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:38 pm

GreatSaiyaJeff wrote:When I was younger, I would believe that yamcha did cheat. However after I reread and rewatched the whole series many times, I chalk it up to Bulma exagerating. Remember, when he moved into town and just because the girls had crushes on him that she got jealouse and said he was unfaithful. So I always chalked it up to Bulma thinking that's what happened because of her own insecurities.
There's also Toriyama's after stories about characters lives following the Buu Saga, in Yamcha's its mentioned that he's still hapless around women, and cant maintain a relationship, as Bulma is still the only person of opposite sex he felt comfortable around. So the whole cheating thing feels even more of a contradiction of Yamcha's character, the out of universe explanation is that Toriyama needed someone for Vegeta to knock up, and Bulma was the only viable option, so he broke up Dragonball's first and longest running couple so there could be more Saiyans introduced into the story. He didn't want to make Bulma the bad guy, so he's says Yamcha cheated.

ImperialWrath

Post by ImperialWrath » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:24 pm

Zeru14 wrote:
GreatSaiyaJeff wrote:There's also Toriyama's after stories about characters lives following the Buu Saga, in Yamcha's its mentioned that he's still hapless around women, and cant maintain a relationship, as Bulma is still the only person of opposite sex he felt comfortable around. So the whole cheating thing feels even more of a contradiction of Yamcha's character, the out of universe explanation is that Toriyama needed someone for Vegeta to knock up, and Bulma was the only viable option, so he broke up Dragonball's first and longest running couple so there could be more Saiyans introduced into the story. He didn't want to make Bulma the bad guy, so he's says Yamcha cheated.
This right here. I've been watching the Dragonball series from the late 90's/early 2000's all the way up until the end of Z. And I was never a believer of Trunks story that Yamcha cheated on Bulma. Let's set aside the fact that the two were a couple for the better part of almost two decades, more than anyone else, Yamcha was the ONE guy out of ALL of the Z-Fighters whose goal it was to get married to a woman someday. More so than Goku, who was pretty much roped into it by a nearly obsessive Chi-Chi. More so than Kuririn, who if anyone recalls in the original Dragonball he pretty much had a "eww marriage? No thank you" reaction to the thought/prospect of getting marriage. Yet SOMEHOW both of these guys, and even freaking Vegeta (who DESPISED humans and had no emotional depth outside of his warrior's pride) all wound up hooking up with and marrying. Meanwhile Yamcha is left by the wayside, and the ONLY reason (excuse) we're given for this is from Toriyama is "come on bro, you know Yamcha was cheating, lol". That's the LITERAL interpretation we're given from Yamcha's seiyuu, Furuya Tohru. Who by the way, stated that both he AND Bulma's seiyuu both naturally assumed that the two characters would end up married, and both had issues with the idea of her ending up with Vegeta.

This brings us to the whole "cheating" excuse that Toriyama gave, which is a HUGE contradiction to what he's also told us about Yamcha's character. The biggest one is the most recent where he reveals that despite Trunks story that he would eventually meet and settle down with some other mysterious woman, Yamcha is STILL unsuccessful with women because of his crippling fear/discomfort around any female not named Bulma. That whole statement alone has two contradictions, as if Yamcha has still had this fear/discomfort of women, that how would it be physically possible for him to cheat on Bulma? And on top of that, this supposedly happens during the 3-year gap in which all of the Z-Fighters were training to fight the Androids. What sense would it make for Yamcha to randomly halt his training, knowing what was coming, in order to find the time to meet/date another woman? These two questions are nearly impossible to answer without having to admit that Toriyama is either purposely LYING about what really happened and who was at fault, or he's blatantly contradicted himself and neither his fans, editor, or media interviewers have bothered to call him out on it.

Honestly, given everything we know or have seen up to this point, anyone who still blames Yamcha and sites Toriyama's quote as a reason to do so, is in utter denial.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:53 pm

I'm in the "it makes so little sense that he cheated it can't be true" camp too.

I wonder though is it possible that he could have cheated in the future timeline but not the present one?

As the other user pointed out, he'd be really busy training to meet someone (while being afraid of women) in the main timeline after the android warning.

I've always wanted to work out the timeline of when the alleged cheating happened in relation to when Goku died and the androids attacked and when Trunks was born. I like the idea of future Trunks being a Saiyan and present being a human.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:54 am

If Toriyama says he did, he did.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:19 am

Okay we just had a Yamcha relationship problem thread in recent memory, like in the last month. Why is there a new one?

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:45 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Okay we just had a Yamcha relationship problem thread in recent memory, like in the last month. Why is there a new one?
This isn't very new, I made this nearly 2 months ago.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:26 pm

Dragonballgod19 wrote:
Amerigo wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote: The problem is like tfs krillin said unlike vegeta you can prove it
I don't need to prove that 2 people in a relationship that lasted for nearly 2 decades had sex.

That's common sense, anything else is pure delusion.
It still doesn't change the fact that what they said was basically true.
So there needs to be a baby in order to prove two people had sex? Are you serious?

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:49 pm

I'm starting to think some people here have never been in a real life relationship.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:53 pm

I never got the impression that he cared enough to be anything more than slightly salty about it. He is fully capable of killing Vegeta in his sleep if it came down to it. We don't know much about what Yamcha's life consists of, but I'm sure he's doing just fine by "real life" standards.