So Piccolo can heal people like Dende?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

So Piccolo can heal people like Dende?

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:37 am

In the anime, when Goten and Trunks return from their failed battle against Boo as Gotenks, they are using first aid to heal their wounds, when they have Dende right there? Then what makes it even more confusing is that Piccolo fixes their clothes and even injuries.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: So Piccolo can heal people like Dende?

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:22 pm

He isn't supposed to, as it's directly stated in the Freeza fight, after Dende healed Piccolo(1st time), that Piccolo doesn't have the ability to heal, because he's a warrior type, so it's a contradiction, if the anime has it like that.

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:52 pm

dbgtFO wrote:He isn't supposed to, as it's directly stated in the Freeza fight, after Dende healed Piccolo(1st time), that Piccolo doesn't have the ability to heal, because he's a warrior type, so it's a contradiction, if the anime has it like that.
Stuff like that annoys me, lol. We know he can fix their clothes. He did that with Gohan, but it appears he magically healed their wounds alongside that.

Dorexx
Regular

Post by Dorexx » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:52 am

It's not too strange especially since Piccolo fused with Kami. Someone like him would be able to figure out the trick. I think most people with high ki can do this sometimes, more or less, like when Goku healed a bird during Cooler. Guys like Dende just excel at it.
酷签名

caiojoorge

Post by caiojoorge » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:38 am

Once he has the power to change clothes, that's not too weird for him to heal someone.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but he hasn't been able to do something like this before his fusion with kami, right? I mean, he's half god.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:47 pm

He can't, and clothes beam ability might not need precise control as it's fabric but healing wounds should require strong control which piccolo dosen't seem to have
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:02 pm

Had to check and this scene is anime only. Toei messing up and confusing fans again
Maybe it's because he merged with Kami, but Kami himself never healed anyone as far I know. I believe Piccolo being warrior type is a trait of the original nameless namekian, so Kami was an warrior as well

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:48 am

Ikazvyr wrote:Maybe it's because he merged with Kami, but Kami himself never healed anyone as far I know. I believe Piccolo being warrior type is a trait of the original nameless Namekian, so Kami was an warrior as well
It's the other way around. Dragon-types are the only ones who can reproduce and make Dragon Balls, so despite being stronger than usual the Son of Katatz a.k.a. Kami was most definitely a Dragon-type. Hence so was his "evil clone" King Piccolo, but when he spawned the Piccolo Jr we have now, he created him as a Warrior-type instead.

Even after re-merging with Kami, as the base person who basically just absorbed the other, Piccolo is still purely a Warrior-type and doesn't have healing, reproducing, or Dragon Ball capabilities. As for Kami never healing anyone... well, that may just not have been his forte like it is for Dende, or was simply something he never learned how to do.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:57 pm

Kaboom wrote:It's the other way around. Dragon-types are the only ones who can reproduce and make Dragon Balls, so despite being stronger than usual the Son of Katatz a.k.a. Kami was most definitely a Dragon-type. Hence so was his "evil clone" King Piccolo, but when he spawned the Piccolo Jr we have now, he created him as a Warrior-type instead.

Even after re-merging with Kami, as the base person who basically just absorbed the other, Piccolo is still purely a Warrior-type and doesn't have healing, reproducing, or Dragon Ball capabilities. As for Kami never healing anyone... well, that may just not have been his forte like it is for Dende, or was simply something he never learned how to do.
This is a really valid point. Piccolo Jr. was indeed Piccolo Daimaoh reincarnated, but also his son. So we can assume that Daimaoh is an dragon type, but also an strong martial artist with inhuman powers that made him very powerful
Also, can you point me were it's said that only the dragon clan can reproduce? I really don't remember and I wanna check

Still, neither Piccolo nor Kami healed anybody in the manga, so still Toei's 'fault'. All we have are assumptions

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:40 pm

As others mentioned, Piccolo restoring Goten and Trunks' wounds is an anime exclusive. However, with the powers at Piccolo's disposal, tending to the injured should still be possible. What do you think his fabled "clothes beam" is derived from? It's the same ability which Kami used to completely reconstitute Chaozu's body from nothing after the Saiyan arc. Why could this same ability not be refurbished to recreate limbs, ligaments, organs, or bones? You're telling me Piccolo can reoutfit a person with new clothes and a weapon but shifting or repairing anatomical damage is impossible?