Would the Majin Buu Saga have changed for the better if Teen Gohan had taken the place of his older self?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Would the Majin Buu Saga have changed for the better if Teen Gohan had taken the place of his older self?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:45 pm

Somewhat similar to what happened in Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai, but with Teen Gohan from a day following the Cell Games trading places with Adult Gohan, when the latter was about to head off to save his brother and friends from Super Saiyan Broly?

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Re: Would the Majin Buu Saga have changed for the better if Teen Gohan had taken the place of his older self?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:47 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:Somewhat similar to what happened in Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai, but with Teen Gohan from a day following the Cell Games trading places with Adult Gohan, when the latter was about to head off to save his brother and friends from Super Saiyan Broly?
I think if this change were to have happened, Teen Gohan would have had little to no time to wonder what was going on as the young Saiyan would have sensed Broly's presence and turned Super Saiyan. Before having rushed off as fast as he could toward Broly, as the Legendary Saiyan was about to attack Natade Village, and arriving just in time to hit Super Saiyan Broly with his strongest kick to the center of the Mad Bodybuilder's jaw. Preventing Broly from attacking anyone by knocking him away into the very bottom of the lake just outside Natade Village. However, his Burning Strike would have done pretty much nothing more than make the Super Warrior of Destruction even more angry, so upon noticing Broly coming after him, Gohan would have awoken the Super Saiyan 2 in him. Shocking the Demon of Fear and Death with his devastating true power, but even before he could have done anything else, the son of Goku would have knocked him to Hell and back with his counterpart's Fierce Combination. Driving the evil Broly through the entire Earth with an ankle-clutch slam. Right before, blasting the One-Handed Kamehameha mk.II at full power upon the most evil Saiyan in history. Sending him off into the endless depths of space and leaving his skin scorched and smoking but his power unabated.

Then, as Videl, Trunks, and Goten would have woken up and arrived before Super Saiyan 2 Gohan, Broly would have landed on Planet M-2. Killing the mad Dr. Myuu and leaving Baby near the brink of death upon crashing down at their location. However, shortly after Giru would have been sent off, the Saiyan of Legend would have destroyed the entire planet with his transformation into the Legendary Super Saiyan of Terror. Before having made his way back to Earth and starting the second round against young Gohan. But a certain Saiyan Prince would have blasted Broly back with a Big Bang Attack. As Vegeta showed himself after achieving the same Super Saiyan 2 transformation as the Warrior Beyond Goku, and with his trademark smirk, confidently challenged the stunned Legendary Destroyer, then without even trying, left all those around him aghast upon having witnessed him get Broly on the ropes from just instantly and completely overwhelming the God of Evil in barely even three seconds with his Warrior’s Pride, despite of Broly’s usage of the Legendary Super Saiyan form, nonetheless, right after Vegeta had finally avenged his lost and pride, the Prince of the Saiyans revealed his Final Flash, and the Ultimate Evil shared the same fate as the almost as insanely evil Super Perfect Cell.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Would the Majin Buu Saga have changed for the better if Teen Gohan had taken the place of his older self?

Post by nickzambuto » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:27 am

I don't think the story makes much logical sense, but I have to say, you have a knack for creating excitement lol