How long does Multi-Form last?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

arromdee

How long does Multi-Form last?

Post by arromdee » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:31 pm

There's a reference on the Dragonball wiki and at least one other place saying that Tien uses it when harvesting crops. If he's doing that, he has to keep it going for a substantial time, not just a couple of seconds in combat. However, that reference seems to be from a Toriyama interview that does not exist online in English.

Does anyone have the reference, or is there any reference anywhere which says how long someone can keep Multi-Form going?

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: How long does Multi-Form last?

Post by nickzambuto » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:04 pm

I don't see a reason it couldn't go infinitely. Once they're split, they have to exert some degree of effort to join back together, or at least come into physical contact. So if they're separated, they can't join.

arromdee

Re: How long does Multi-Form last?

Post by arromdee » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:50 am

I keep thinking of Naruto, but his clones work differently. I've seen a reference to Piccolo using the technique to train against himself, but does anyone know what episode thats from (or has a Youtube clip)? Are the clones independent or is one mind controlling several bodies (I would assume that being able to train against yourself probably means they're independent, but maybe not.)? Is there a reference for them not being able to combine unless touching?