Piccolo > Goten and Trunks?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

Piccolo > Goten and Trunks?

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:39 am

I think it's pretty clear that he is when his side was dominant when Gotenks's fusion wore off and he reverted to absorbed Piccolo state. But would that include greater than SSJ Trunks and Goten?

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Re: Piccolo > Goten and Trunks?

Post by dragonball0900 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:01 am

Let's not forget that when the fusion runs out, they are always in their base forms. And when Goku and Vegeta found them inside Buu, they were in their base. Comparing Piccolo with both the SSJ kids is quite difficult for me at least. They are stated to be close to Gohan in the guides so it's possible that they are above Piccolo as well as how they were considered as the Earth's only hope. They might be weaker than Piccolo though, since Gohan and Vegeta were probably holding back against Goten and Trunks.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:58 am

Piccolo was stronger than a regular Super Saiyan back in the Cell saga after he fused with Kami. Why wouldn't he be stronger than Trunks and Goten individually?

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:19 am

When Buff Boo absorbed Dai Kaioshin, he took on his traits without the latter being the strongest among them, so it's all magic.

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:38 am

Desassina wrote:When Buff Boo absorbed Dai Kaioshin, he took on his traits without the latter being the strongest among them, so it's all magic.
I think it's safe to say that the Supreme Kai's have weird effects on Boo. He absorbed South Kaioshin and it made it him much stronger supposedly while the Grand Supreme Kai made him weaker and controllable.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:49 am

I don't see why Piccolo being stronger than ssj Goten and Trunks is a problem. Piccolo far surpassed regular super saiyan (not mastered/full powered) in the Cell arc and we only have the tournament fight against #18, who was also stronger than a regular super saiyan but no way near to the same extent as Piccolo, to gauge their strength.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:28 am

precita wrote:Piccolo was stronger than a regular Super Saiyan back in the Cell saga after he fused with Kami. Why wouldn't he be stronger than Trunks and Goten individually?
Rubens wrote:I don't see why Piccolo being stronger than ssj Goten and Trunks is a problem. Piccolo far surpassed regular super saiyan (not mastered/full powered) in the Cell arc and we only have the tournament fight against #18, who was also stronger than a regular super saiyan but no way near to the same extent as Piccolo, to gauge their strength.
Vegeta and Trunks were also regular SSJ in the Cell Games and they were stronger than Piccolo. Goten and Trunks are way stronger than Android 18, there's proof during the fight such as Trunks holding back his ki attack in order not to kill Android 18. So technically, Android 18 even though she's stronger than an Android arc regular SSJ, she's not really stronger than a Buu arc SSJ, or a Buu arc kid SSJ like Goten and Trunks.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:56 am

dragonball0900 wrote:
precita wrote:Piccolo was stronger than a regular Super Saiyan back in the Cell saga after he fused with Kami. Why wouldn't he be stronger than Trunks and Goten individually?
Rubens wrote:I don't see why Piccolo being stronger than ssj Goten and Trunks is a problem. Piccolo far surpassed regular super saiyan (not mastered/full powered) in the Cell arc and we only have the tournament fight against #18, who was also stronger than a regular super saiyan but no way near to the same extent as Piccolo, to gauge their strength.
Vegeta and Trunks were also regular SSJ in the Cell Games and they were stronger than Piccolo. Goten and Trunks are way stronger than Android 18, there's proof during the fight such as Trunks holding back his ki attack in order not to kill Android 18. So technically, Android 18 even though she's stronger than an Android arc regular SSJ, she's not really stronger than a Buu arc SSJ, or a Buu arc kid SSJ like Goten and Trunks.
Some of us still believe that 18 was shocked at how *relatively* strong the kids were combine with how dangerous they were being.

Regardless Piccolo was stronger than 18 before the time chamber plus 7 years of regular training. There's still a large gap that the boys could fit into between 18 and Piccolo.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:16 am

Boom.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:42 am

TobyS wrote:
dragonball0900 wrote:
Some of us still believe that 18 was shocked at how *relatively* strong the kids were combine with how dangerous they were being.

Regardless Piccolo was stronger than 18 before the time chamber plus 7 years of regular training. There's still a large gap that the boys could fit into between 18 and Piccolo.
The fact that Trunks was holding back, as well as Goten being able to make a good fight with Gohan (something that Android 16 and even Semi Perfect Cell wouldn't be able to do) is enough for me to say that the kids are way stronger than Android 18.

Though with Piccolo, I'm not saying that Goten and Trunks have to surpass him in the Buu arc. My point is that just because they are regular SSJ's it doesn't mean at all that Piccolo (post Kami fusion) surpasses them. Of course, they can be weaker than Piccolo, but there's nothing stated anywhere that they have to be weaker than him obligatorily.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:06 am

dragonball0900 wrote:Let's not forget that when the fusion runs out, they are always in their base forms. And when Goku and Vegeta found them inside Buu, they were in their base. Comparing Piccolo with both the SSJ kids is quite difficult for me at least. They are stated to be close to Gohan in the guides so it's possible that they are above Piccolo as well as how they were considered as the Earth's only hope. They might be weaker than Piccolo though, since Gohan and Vegeta were probably holding back against Goten and Trunks.
When they fused as Super Saiyans, the fusion wore off and they were still Super Saiyans.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:15 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
dragonball0900 wrote:Let's not forget that when the fusion runs out, they are always in their base forms. And when Goku and Vegeta found them inside Buu, they were in their base. Comparing Piccolo with both the SSJ kids is quite difficult for me at least. They are stated to be close to Gohan in the guides so it's possible that they are above Piccolo as well as how they were considered as the Earth's only hope. They might be weaker than Piccolo though, since Gohan and Vegeta were probably holding back against Goten and Trunks.
When they fused as Super Saiyans, the fusion wore off and they were still Super Saiyans.
But before getting absorbed, they just fused as base Saiyans, so would return to that once undone.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:17 am

Look at the two different versions of "Buuccolo."

The first picture is when Goku and Vegeta are removing the pods containing people in Buu's body. The second is when Gotenks' fusion wears off, but the kids are still attached.

The kids give Buu fingers, a more defined face, and a thicker and longer head tentacle. Piccolo gives him a cape.

Which one really has the greater affect on Buu?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:22 am

dbgtFO wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
But before getting absorbed, they just fused as base Saiyans, so would return to that once undone.
Exactly.

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:36 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:Look at the two different versions of "Buuccolo."

The first picture is when Goku and Vegeta are removing the pods containing people in Buu's body. The second is when Gotenks' fusion wears off, but the kids are still attached.

The kids give Buu fingers, a more defined face, and a thicker and longer head tentacle. Piccolo gives him a cape.

Which one really has the greater affect on Buu?
You're mixing manga and anime art even though they have different design elements in order to give the kids an advantage. Compare Boo's look across just one medium.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:40 pm

Piccolo is definitely stronger than both Goten and Trunks, but not Gotenks.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:34 pm

nickzambuto wrote: You're mixing manga and anime art even though they have different design elements in order to give the kids an advantage. Compare Boo's look across just one medium.
The Piccolo-Buu without Goten and Trunks is not shown in the anime, and I couldn't find a manga-only picture of the other form on google. Feel free to look one up if you want; there's no difference.

Edit: Nevermind, here you go.

"I'm mixing to give the kids an advantage," am I?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:51 pm

Well, if we're going by Super, then Piccolo is clearly superior now.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:35 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
nickzambuto wrote: You're mixing manga and anime art even though they have different design elements in order to give the kids an advantage. Compare Boo's look across just one medium.
The Piccolo-Buu without Goten and Trunks is not shown in the anime, and I couldn't find a manga-only picture of the other form on google. Feel free to look one up if you want; there's no difference.

Edit: Nevermind, here you go.

"I'm mixing to give the kids an advantage," am I?
Hmm, I don't think the differences are so pronounced in the manga. He does have more fingers and a thicker tentacle, but that could just be minor panel-to-panel art inconsistencies.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:20 pm

Piccolo is stronger than pre-ROSAT Ssj Goku and Vegeta who are more than likely stronger than Goten and Trunks so I'd say yes, he's stronger.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.