Which Dragon Ball character would you want to be?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Which Dragon Ball character would you want to be?

Post by Berserker1921 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:06 pm

After looking over the yamacha manga. I wondered which character would you want to be in Db? Can be any character save for the gods and angels?

precita
Banned

Re: Which dragon ball character you want to be?

Post by precita » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:57 pm

Probably Yamcha. You don't have to worry about saving the world or risking your life constantly because you know there's 10 other guys on Earth far stronger than you that can do it for you. You're also not bogged down with a family and kids like the other main characters, so you could theoretically date/marry anyone.

In addition to that, you can still fly and still have a great deal of power, so you're no ordinary human either.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:34 am

I would be super buu..

A buu with brains isn't going to be anything less than top tier
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:58 am

Present Trunks, he's half Saiyan, heir to the world's richest family, has Goten as a friend and rival and has Mai as a potential love interest, who we know will grow up to be a looker.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:50 am

SaiyamanMS wrote:Present Trunks, he's half Saiyan, heir to the world's richest family, has Goten as a friend and rival and has Mai as a potential love interest, who we know will grow up to be a looker.
You also have to take school and College again, in Japanese...
You need to learn to be able to at least learn how to make literally impossible technology to keep your company going as well, you have to wait years to fuck your girl, whom you Haven't even fully made your own yet..
You also have the worst possible luck in the entire series, who's to say some of that won't bring itself to present as well..

You also have to train with Vegeta, let us know how this goes..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Which Dragon Ball character would you want to be?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:03 pm

So I can't be Zeno or Daishinkan? Lame

Hit maybe then.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:37 pm

Goku. Simple. Easy. Fun.

Id also like to be Goten just to bring his character out of the dump and into the show.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:56 pm

I'd like to be Kuririn because then the plot wouldn't get in the way of me killing Freeza with a Taiyōken/Kienzan combo. Oh, and I'd get 18 I guess.
Last edited by MainJPW on Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AloversGaming
Beyond Newbie

Post by AloversGaming » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:58 pm

Either 18 'cause hot chick, or Beerus 'cause I get to be that powerful without having to constantly train and stay in shape.

EDIT: Nevermind, you said no Gods, so Bulma. Cause, see above XD.

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:52 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:You also have to take school and College again, in Japanese...
You need to learn to be able to at least learn how to make literally impossible technology to keep your company going as well, you have to wait years to fuck your girl, whom you Haven't even fully made your own yet..
You also have the worst possible luck in the entire series, who's to say some of that won't bring itself to present as well..

You also have to train with Vegeta, let us know how this goes..
I did fine at school the first time around, I'm sure I can improve on it a second time around and I speak Japanese anyway.
Capsule Corp is a huge company which has plenty of other researchers, so it's not like I personally have to invent things. (See GT Trunks.) And the character designs make it easy to forget, but the kids are in their mid teens by Super, so it's not like it's that long of a wait.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:24 pm

I'd be Bulma from the very beginning. I'd gather the DB's to wish for something relevant because to be fair, Bulma's a brilliant scientist and the daughter of a famous inventor so I'm not really sure how she's unable to have a boyfriend. I'd also not be whiny and entitled, instead putting my brilliant mind to good use all the time rather than sometimes being helpful and sometimes being annoying. I wouldn't have to fight either, and I sure as hell wouldn't marry Vegeta.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:55 pm

Berserker1921 wrote:After looking over the yamacha manga. I wondered which character would you want to be in Db? Can be any character save for the gods and angels?
1) The first son of Goku (for obvious reasons) or Cell. (The same one who had the guts to call Super Vegeta incredibly stupid and to knock around the Prince like a damn Piñata.)

2) I would never be a God nor an Angel. (Because Dragon Ball Super ruined it for me.)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:46 pm

Vegeta. I'd have a hot wife, would never have to work a day in my life and have all the money in the world at my disposal.

Vegeta has it fucking made.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:41 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Vegeta. I'd have a hot wife, would never have to work a day in my life and have all the money in the world at my disposal.

You'd think he'd be happier, really.

--------------------------------------------------------

I was originally going to say Krillin, because 18 is a caring and attractive wife who doesn't age, Marron's cutest kid, pretty much everyone(save MAYBE Vegeta and obviously Frieza) likes you, nice job helping people and general favouritism bias, but I think it'd be interesting to play out;

Saiyan Saga; you can stop Yamcha dying straight away. You know what happens, and you can just blast all the Saibamen to kingdomcome. Since you have the knowledge of later arcs, why not make use of the Hyperbolic time chamber and give yourself and the other Z fighters a better chance? Vegeta will need to stay alive though else no Trunks. No Trunks means no Heart Medicine. No Heart Medicine means Goku dies.
Let's say you all miraculously survive. Let's go to Namek! Under the flimsy guise of preventing Vegeta from getting immortality.

Frieza...okay so here's an interesting moral choice. Die, and allow Goku to hit SSJ...or kill Frieza through the power of blinding and sharp ki blades to just end it there. The first prevents you getting screwed later ironically, but the latter puts a stop to it there and then. If you don't die, do Goku, Vegeta or Gohan even stand a chance in the Android saga? Goku won't unlock it and be able to teach Gohan the first transformation, and Vegeta won't obtain it because he still thinks it's a legend and there's no rival who already obtained it...Trunks won't need to showcase it on Earth because you already took care of Frieza...
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:54 pm

Akyon wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Vegeta. I'd have a hot wife, would never have to work a day in my life and have all the money in the world at my disposal.

You'd think he'd be happier, really.

--------------------------------------------------------

I was originally going to say Krillin, because 18 is a caring and attractive wife who doesn't age, Marron's cutest kid, pretty much everyone(save MAYBE Vegeta and obviously Frieza) likes you, nice job helping people and general favouritism bias, but I think it'd be interesting to play out;

Saiyan Saga; you can stop Yamcha dying straight away. You know what happens, and you can just blast all the Saibamen to kingdomcome. Since you have the knowledge of later arcs, why not make use of the Hyperbolic time chamber and give yourself and the other Z fighters a better chance? Vegeta will need to stay alive though else no Trunks. No Trunks means no Heart Medicine. No Heart Medicine means Goku dies.
Let's say you all miraculously survive. Let's go to Namek! Under the flimsy guise of preventing Vegeta from getting immortality.

Frieza...okay so here's an interesting moral choice. Die, and allow Goku to hit SSJ...or kill Frieza through the power of blinding and sharp ki blades to just end it there. The first prevents you getting screwed later ironically, but the latter puts a stop to it there and then. If you don't die, do Goku, Vegeta or Gohan even stand a chance in the Android saga? Goku won't unlock it and be able to teach Gohan the first transformation, and Vegeta won't obtain it because he still thinks it's a legend and there's no rival who already obtained it...Trunks won't need to showcase it on Earth because you already took care of Frieza...
1) But I think it would be pretty awkward to meet yourself, Lord Beerus.

2) When Raditz is finished off by Piccolo, ask to have Kami send in Mr. Popo to fetch Yamcha, Tien Shinhan, and Chiaotzu to save time so Kami could transport you and rest of the Z Fighters to Goku, before going on off with him to train with King Kai. Then when there is a week left until the Saiyans' arrival, ask King Kai if you could communicate with Master Roshi to revive Goku, and then once he is revived, head back to King Yemma as fast as possible to get transported back to Earth by Kami. The days left should be used to go into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. Goku or Gohan should be strong enough by then to defeat the evil Vegeta.

3) Training under King Kai and spending an entire year within the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, would lead to better results while training under 100x gravity on the way to Planet Namek. But only once you would asked Piccolo and Kami if the two could work together for a moment to use their Magic Materialization to save time to create the same Capsule Corporation Ship Goku had used in canon. And by the time you have arrived on Namek, all of you would be strong enough to rival First Form Frieza without using the Kaioken. With each of your bodies being tough enough to easily handle a Kaioken 10x. But go see Grand Elder Guru first to have your potential unlocked before dealing with Frieza just in case you need it to defeat the Emperor.

4) Also not to worry about having no Super Saiyans to have your back, for the battle with Frieza on Namek or King Cold on Earth would spark the Super Saiyan in Goku or Gohan to awaken.
Last edited by Steven Bloodriver on Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:03 pm

You know, I'd say that out of every character I'd actually want to be Kuriza, nothing bad has ever felled him like most of his family, he's the heir to the throne, and he's incredibly powerful compared to most of the universe.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:04 pm

Edit: Forgot that Karin technically qualifies as a god. Um... Maybe #8, then? I prefer cold environments and it seems like it would be a relatively tranquil existence.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:26 am

I would say Vegeta or 17.

Actually 17 has it very easy: he's almost immortal because of his modifications, and also very powerful.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:57 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Berserker1921 wrote:After looking over the yamacha manga. I wondered which character would you want to be in Db? Can be any character save for the gods and angels?
1) The first son of Goku (for obvious reasons) or Cell. (The same one who had the guts to call Super Vegeta incredibly stupid and to knock around the Prince like a damn Piñata.)

2) I would never be a God nor an Angel. (Because Dragon Ball Super ruined it for me.)
I have changed my mind, in place of Son Gohan or Cell, I would pick Trunks from Dragon Ball GT. All just for the reason to not waste his endless potential, while at the same time, also paying back the vile Vegeta by ignoring the abusive bastard from birth and learning the Multi-Form technique to be training with Goku, Piccolo, Gohan, Videl, and the rest of the Z Fighters instead of with the ruthless retard of a father I would have, while also spending time with my actual family and friends to help any of them with anything as myself or as one of my Multi-Form Clones. However, the real difficult part would be convincing Goku to read my mind.

As I would have wasted no time to meet him shortly after being reborn as Trunks. All before Goku would have asked Gohan, Piccolo, and even myself too to go with him to the mythical Hyperbolic Time Chamber. During which the four of us warriors would be spending an entire year within the other dimension, getting stronger than we ever were originally in that point in history. Leading to Goku mastering his Super Saiyan transformation to complete perfection, his eldest son, Gohan, would achieve the Super Saiyan form and fully-master it as well, Piccolo would learn his father would have been holding him back from his former rival and get rid of King Piccolo's negative influence over his psyche to truly unlock his potential, and with a little bit of help from the very experienced Goku, Gohan, and Piccolo, I would have been able to awaken the hero from within before becoming a Super Saiyan like Goku and Gohan before me. The end results of our trip to prepare for the Androids would leave Vegeta in the dust, but we would have went in once again following a day or two. In order to show the other Z Warriors our new power in friendly sparring matches to get them to decide in entering the Room of Spirit and Time and to then by use of the almost-forgotten Black Star Dragon Balls for a two-part wish; we would revive all of the innocent lives lost and restore all of the damage caused by Majin Buu and those like him, only once after I would request for Super Saiyan 3 Xeno Bardock to be transported from within the space between dimensions during his fight with Mira to us. Reuniting the Black Star Dragon Balls just before the forbidden set of Dragon Balls could have dispersed, would have been an easy task right after. As Goku would have went out of his way to have taught Gohan, Piccolo, and of course me his Instant Transmission. Then, I would ask to use the regular Dragon Balls after helping a few loved ones to get reacquainted with their families and friends.

Only moments after Ultimate Shenron, Shenron would be summoned to grant my wish of getting a certain special someone to appear before me much earlier than she would have. And with all of the training and Zenkais I have gone through, not to mention being the spitting image of Trunks during his Grand Tour in the Black Star Dragon Ball Saga, I definitely would have been more than enough to give Pan who she always wanted to be with. Before all those dicks starting with Vegeta would be massacred by the new and improved Z-Team and me, as I intend to make my heroes and myself hundreds of times stronger than in the original canon. Since I would be helping everyone among those in the ranks of the Earth's Special Forces, and in turn, myself, in completely mastering to perfection our understanding and ability to use Ki. With our actions gaining the attention of the grandest bastard of all time, Beerus, the Instigator of Genocide. However, upon his awakening, it would have been far too late for him and Whis to put a stop to me, as they would have fallen from dying in the heat of battle by facing dozens upon dozens of Super Saiyan Blues all lead by Vegito. With the Potara Warrior being the result of me using the Black Star Dragon Balls for a second time shortly before I had killed Super Saiyan Vegeta myself in the same way my first original character did to the Bringer of Death in Dragon Ball Z: Wicked Rebirth, allowing Bulma and the entire Universe towards having an easy life with Vegito replacing Vegeta. Which would have led to Earth and her Defenders to have an equal battle against the overwhelmingly strong Beerus and Whis. Since the unofficial leaders of the Warriors of Earth: Goku and I would have asked the strongest Saiyan to have ever lived to train with us to prepare for the Gods of Destruction and their Angels of Death.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:36 am

i'd like a lot to be piccolo or tenshinhan, tey're my favourite characters and i think they're understimated a lot