Transformation Moments

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dualist
Regular

Transformation Moments

Post by dualist » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:04 pm

I know there have been some mixed reviews with DBS, but I've enjoyed it thus far. But one thing that's been missing since Gohan transformed to SSj2 was that "Oh shit!" transformation moment. Goku going SSJ for the first time as well as Gohan going SSJ2 2 of the most iconic moments in DB history and the show has been lacking that big moment ever since. I still get goosebumps when I watch those two transformations and even Vegeta transforming for the first time was pretty epic. But SSJ3 through SSB have been lackluster. The T.O.P arc is off to a good start, but I would love to see a major unexpected transformation that just blows us all away.

What made the previous ones so special was that build up. We had been hearing bout the legendary super saiyan all throughout the Frieza arc. And when Goku finally achieved it, it was such a climactic moment. Then with Gohan, the saiyans had been training like crazy in the HBTC, then we saw ascensions in power from Trunks and Vegeta, followed by Goku and Gohan mastering the original form. Then Gohan just explodes and reaches a level we weren't even expecting.

Do you think we'll ever get anything like that again? Or have transformations been too overused to ever generate the same excitement and surprise?

WOuld love to hear people's thoughts. :D
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721