Would two years have been enough to face the Saiyans?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Would two years have been enough to face the Saiyans?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:52 am

If instead of close to a year, the Saiyans had taken 2 years to reach the Earth, would Goku and the others have stood a better chance at defeating their enemies?

sintzu
Banned

Re: Would two years have been enough to face the Saiyans?

Post by sintzu » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:16 am

Goku would've but I doubt the others would've done much better if they just did the same training. If they could've somehow gone to King kai's that would've changed everything.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:42 am

They got a big boost mostly due to training with Kami sama. The second year wouldn't yield as massive results proportionally.

None the less I actually think they'd be victims of their own success. They'd probably kill Nappa only to be slaughtered by Vegeta. :(
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:07 pm

Their chances would increase massively, although they would probably still fail. Gohan and Piccolo would be the only ones to increase substantially in power(mainly Piccolo), which by itself would make the Nappa fight much easier.

Defeating Vegeta depends if they work together. I would give them a 10% chance to win, 5% if Vegeta doesn't lose his composure like he did against Goku.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:44 pm

My initial reaction was that they'd be able to beat Nappa, but I hadn't considered what happens after. Vegeta would definitely take them all to pound town, although if Goku manages to get there fast enough, he'd make short work of Vegeta.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:23 pm

I completely ignored Goku in my previous post for some reason.
I retract what I said before, with Goku's help they win without fail. Goku would easily be above 10.000 in power. Not even Vegeta's crazy durability would save him from the Kaioken.

They only lose if they are dumb enough to let Oozaru Vegeta happen.

Amerigo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Amerigo » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:03 pm

Goku's power level went from 409 to 8,000 in just 4 months of training with King Kai.

Give him an extra 12 months and he would easily be 20,000+ and with better mastery over Kaioken.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:53 pm

They already won with just the one year though and of course more time would up their chances. Goku would solo them both and probably easily. The only way I see them losing is if both Vegeta and Nappa go great ape.

Wizard Sesame
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wizard Sesame » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:48 am

Heck, give them a full year instead of just the eleven months and they very well may win out as it is. Two years would be more than enough.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:45 am

The question wouldn't be if they win or not, but rather how many casualties it takes and whether they can do it without Goku's help. You're effectively more than doubling the amount of preparation all of the cast is being given. Assuming the gains remain the consistent, Chaozu on his own could likely handle the Saibamen, provided he uses his paralysis arts quickly and incapacitates them.

You might be looking at a human cast with power levels far exceeding 2000, perhaps even 3000 in the cases of Tenshinhan and Krillin. Goodness knows how much stronger Piccolo and Gohan would be by working together earnestly for another 13 months -- even a conservative estimate could see the Namekian exceeding 4000 while Gohan stays on-par with the stronger humans.

I think Nappa would have still have the advantage in terms of power, but he's going to find himself being heavily pressured by four fighters who, more or less, rival Namekian Warriors and an actual Namekian with a power level not too far off from his own. If they all work together then they win this. The big hurdle comes with Vegeta feeling compelled to get involved without Goku present. With him fighting everything has essentially devolved back to square one with the Z-fighters struggling to stay alive. But assuming the battle with Nappa lasted a good while, Goku may have already arrived onto the scene. Everyone else can watch as Goku dominates Vegeta (he may not even need Kaioken this time around). Only setback would be Oozaru transformation, but Goku should still be faster.

In the end, the Saiyan invasion is repelled and the only possible casualties would be Chaozu and maybe Yamcha. Both are revivable with the Dragon Balls.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:28 am

sure they had a more possibilities... letsa make some calculations...
yamchaìs power at radish'es arrivial was 177, tenshinhan 250, crillin 206 and piccolo 408.
a year later, they were :
yamcha 1480, tenshinhan 1830, chaotzu 640, crillin 1770 and piccolo 3500

so, yamcha had a x8,3 boost in power, tenshinhan a x7,32 boost,chaotzu a x4 boost, crillin a x8,5 boost and piccolo x8,57 boost.
continuing the train for another year, for me their power levels wold be like this
yamcha = 2'783
tenshinhan = 3'410
chaotsu = 1'120
crillin = 3,334
and piccolo = 6'592
as a result, yamcha would'nt die facing the saibaman and together they would take a huge advantage against nappa, piccolo does'nt dies, so tenshinhan . chaotzu still dies for me, he's too weak to help facing nappa.

now, lets talk about Goku. training with king kai, he got a x19,2 boost, from 416 to 8000. so, in my opinion , a Goku that has trained for 2 years colud have obtained a power level of 15'584, so much close to vegeta's level than the real level of 8'000 and so, a kaio ken x2 would be enough to beat the prince of all saiyans

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:39 pm

When it comes to Dragon ball, I think it really depends on the writer because there is no real consistency with power level especially in early DBZ

I personally think they would've done better and a higher chance of succeeding. With Goku training on Kai's planet longer, they would have won without failure.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Deathbringer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Deathbringer » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:51 pm

I'd like to believe that Yamcha wouldn't have been killed by a Saibaiman but then again he was caught off guard at the time and then Kuririn was able to finish them all off at once so Yamcha could probably have killed that one Saibaiman at least even with the training they had in the actual story. (maybe this is just my headcanon)