Why didn't King Piccolo die in the rice cooker?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Krillin1994
Regular

Why didn't King Piccolo die in the rice cooker?

Post by Krillin1994 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:56 pm

I believe it was stated that Namekians only need water to survive, though Piccolo has eaten on several occasions.

From what I can recall Piccolo was sealed when still young, but came out old? This shows his body was still undergoing biological processes. Therefore surely Piccolo would've needed food and or water.

Unless there was surplus rice in there....

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Why didn't King Piccolo die in the rice cooker?

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:03 pm

My assumption is that Namekians can go on for very long periods with having the drink water to live. If I recall correctly, the Namekian race went through a severe drought for an extended period of time and managed to survive.

Dragon Sponge
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon Sponge » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:41 pm

We know that Namekians can create Items out of thin air, maybe they can also create nutriments. If we asume that the inside of the sealed Ricecooker is like a tiny claustrophobic room, where Piccolo can still move (somewhat) and is able to use his magic powers, than he could probably create a Bottle with Water inside (if that is possible for his magic powers) to survive.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:55 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:My assumption is that Namekians can go on for very long periods with having the drink water to live. If I recall correctly, the Namekian race went through a severe drought for an extended period of time and managed to survive.
But most of their population died off in the calamity if I am not mistaken..
If not because of lack of water then why..

My theory would be its natural selection, some highly adaptive namekians had the ability to survive such intense situations, and king piccolo was coincidentally ome of them..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:13 pm

Because Kami was doing all the living? Split from one body, one can assume Kami receiving sustenance kept both him and Daimao alive.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:59 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Because Kami was doing all the living? Split from one body, one can assume Kami receiving sustenance kept both him and Daimao alive.
Nah, what really happened was that Kami secretly conjured up glasses of water inside the rice cooker for Piccolo to drink, so he didn't die :P

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:07 pm

Why don't genies die in the lamp? Why don't pokemon die in pokeballs?

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:33 am

FoolsGil wrote:Because Kami was doing all the living? Split from one body, one can assume Kami receiving sustenance kept both him and Daimao alive.
Honestly the most logical In Universe answer.

I think Full Metal Alchemist did something similar with Ed and Al. Al had grown weaker, but due to Ed sacrificing an arm for Al their bodies had become linked. Ed ate and ate and ate and it kept Al's body alive.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."