Will we have a subplot of Goten & Trunks?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Krillin1994
Regular

Will we have a subplot of Goten & Trunks?

Post by Krillin1994 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:03 pm

The way that they had the poachers still watching in on Goten and Trunks do you think we will have some scenes dedicated to them attacking the island?.....Even though 18 will be back in like an hour.

will it be classic Toriyama trolling that the endangered beast has secret significance?

Crap wrong sub forum.

precita
Banned

Re: Will we have a subplot of Goten & Trunks?

Post by precita » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:58 pm

They'll probably get at least one episode.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:05 am

Yamcha still has to do something, the sub plot is the only hope, so yes, we will get a sub plot
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:00 am

I completely forgot about them and the island so hopefully the writers have to. If they do anything then hopefully it'll be after the tournament.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:58 pm

It'll be weird if we get fillers on Earth while the tournament is going on.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:07 pm

I initially thought they were setting it up so we would, but with how they're stretching this tournament out to Freeza minutes I'm actually starting to doubt we'll see that subplot at all.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:32 pm

I hope not, both are worthless.

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by MR.Mark » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:10 pm

precita wrote:It'll be weird if we get fillers on Earth while the tournament is going on.
It would be very DBZ but if more entertaining than the poacher episode with 17 I'd be fine with it.

I'd actually be down for Goten and Trunks doing something with Yamcha for something different.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:52 pm

I don't expect it. With how much they've built up to the this tournament, I wouldn't make sense, at least from a narrative perspective to just cut from the action and see the shenanigans of two Saiyan kids with not a single interesting character trait between them ranging the shit out of a park and fighting space poachers.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:22 pm

I hope not,is worthless and it will just ruins the flow of the big fight and Goten and trunk offer nothing interesting in the narrative, instead of wasting Time on those character they should focus more on the fighters and God
Mostly active on discord.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:26 pm

It might happen, they could get their own adventure protecting 17's island in DBS.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:07 pm

Hopefully we get it AFTER the tournament concludes and the next batch of filler is some character focused episodes with Goten/Trunks/Marron defending the island, a Yamcha/Bulma focused episode of some variety and a Mr. Satan episode in which he tries desperately to not worry Videl whilst freaking the heck out that everyone and everything is going to die shortly.

During the tournament would be pretty narrative killing, but I'm always down for some nice character focused filler between arcs, and it's one of Super's strong points.

Hell, I don't even like the kids and I'd look forward to a post ToP cool down episode with them.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:03 pm

Hopefully a Yamcha sub plot.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:27 pm

Akyon wrote:Hopefully we get it AFTER the tournament concludes and the next batch of filler is some character focused episodes with Goten/Trunks/Marron defending the island, a Yamcha/Bulma focused episode of some variety and a Mr. Satan episode in which he tries desperately to not worry Videl whilst freaking the heck out that everyone and everything is going to die shortly.

During the tournament would be pretty narrative killing, but I'm always down for some nice character focused filler between arcs, and it's one of Super's strong points.

Hell, I don't even like the kids and I'd look forward to a post ToP cool down episode with them.
I agree with you, hopefully the sub-plot will happen after the ToP as a mini-filler arc.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Okora

Post by Okora » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:38 pm

I don't even think the writers remember they exist

Benedetto12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Benedetto12 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:37 pm

Goten, Trunks, Yamcha, Videl and Jaco against the proachers, lol

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:34 pm

I honestly hope so. Some Toriyama DB humor is always welcome in my opinion, besides ever since 18 stated Marron is tougher then she looks, and the poachers being shown to be planning to invade the island now that 17 is gone. I been anticipating this sub plot, I just want to see all three, Goten, Marron (She reminds me of Arale due to being so short and always smiling, even during terrible situations like Bulma's ship crashing down to Earth with the crew in it in the BoG arc), and Trunks all wreak the poachers in humorous fashion.

Imo it wouldn't affect the flow of the tournament in the slightest. Doesn't even need a whole episode to do really.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:42 pm

A one or two episode post-tournament arc set on 17's island would be an excellent way to wind things down after the dreariness of the Tournament setting. Much-needed change of scenery too. The tournament arena is kinda bland visually. :lol:

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:43 pm

The lack of fights for Trunks and Goten in Super is mind blowing. Even in the movies, 10-13, Toei managed to give them some spotlight and something to do.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:27 pm

precita wrote:The lack of fights for Trunks and Goten in Super is mind blowing. Even in the movies, 10-13, Toei managed to give them some spotlight and something to do.
They fought Beerus, in the Freeza arc and the Copy Vegeta. That is plenty.