Explain the SSj Transformation and Aura sounds with In Universe logic

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Explain the SSj Transformation and Aura sounds with In Universe logic

Post by DSB » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:51 am

Obviously they were for the anime, but i suppose they are such an integral part that maybe even toriyama thought of them while designing a new transformation [like SSj2 Lightning]

Explain them with in universe logic

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Explain the SSj Transformation and Aura sounds with In Universe logic

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:01 pm

They're a manifestation of ki, and as the power grows in strength so too do the external characteristics grow and change (such as visibility and sound). It's like the sound of cold water hitting a hot frying pan, or in this case the previously-invisible energy entering the physical realm.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:44 pm

I remember when I used to watch Naruto, everybody made a big deal out of how bad-ass and strong Sasuke's Chidori was, since it was clearly visible (which regular Chakra is not supposed to be) and it sounded like a 1000 birds chirping... or something. So it's probably the same concept with Dragon Ball's Ki. The energy these buff guys wield is so damn powerful that it converts the residual energy into sound and light.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Son_Gohan
Advanced Regular

Post by Son_Gohan » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:34 pm

DSB wrote:Obviously they were for the anime, but i suppose they are such an integral part that maybe even toriyama thought of them while designing a new transformation [like SSj2 Lightning]
He did. Not sure if you noticed, but transformations are usually accompanied by onomatopoeia/sound effects in the manga. But it varies a lot and is not exactly consistent as it is the anime.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:44 pm

They make those noises with their mouths, much like how a child will make motorcycle sounds while on his bicycle.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.