Bardock THE legendary Super Saiyan

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Revolution
Beyond Newbie

Bardock THE legendary Super Saiyan

Post by Revolution » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:43 pm

I posted about this earlier in a different context, the reason behind my idea is the episode of Bardock and his transformation into Super Saiyan coupled with the time travel element featured.

Now let’s just say as the reason behind the time travel is unknown (however I feel maybe his new psychic abilities could have been a factor mixed with his Saiyan genetics could do it in the DB world) that somehow he has become able to travel through time of his own accord perhaps after the events of that story he could say accidentally travel through time again to the war between the Saiyans and the Tsuffles, the shock of doing it again and appearing within a war sends him through time again. He arrives back to the period of time where Chilled was killed approx. 2 years later.

He then trains to master the skill and after months of flitting through time at small intervals he is successful. His Super Saiyan transformation has also been mastered allowing him to tap into he ability quite easily now.

With his home planet destroyed and knowledge that his sons future is safe and not wanting to jeopardise that by intervening he sees no urgent reason to travel back to his timeline and after all he has far surpassed that planet Vegeta rabble now.

I feel he could travel through time helping the odd civilisation here and there and challenging strong opponents and growing in strength. Another thing to consider is he still has his tail so he could potentially achieve the golden Oozaru transformation and as I’m a fan super saiyan 4? I’m pretty sure a golden oozaru is shown in the show when it’s discussed amongst the characters.

This I think with his appearances throughout all of time as a super saiyan no less could all build into the legendary Super Saiyan figure that is described in the show.

I hope that all made sense.. let me know what you think
Frieza?! .. You fool!!!!!

Kenoka

Re: Bardock THE legendary Super Saiyan

Post by Kenoka » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:24 pm

I've always thought about that, too. I've considered the theory that Bardock's Ki mixed with his psychic abilities somehow negated the affects of Frieza's Death Ball, but also caused a temporal portal to open with which Bardock was cast into. To me, that is the most logical thing at the moment.
"I am Kenoka, son of Bardock and the Supreme Kai of Time!"

Revolution
Beyond Newbie

Post by Revolution » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:57 am

Kenoka wrote:I've always thought about that, too. I've considered the theory that Bardock's Ki mixed with his psychic abilities somehow negated the affects of Frieza's Death Ball, but also caused a temporal portal to open with which Bardock was cast into. To me, that is the most logical thing at the moment.
Yeah I mean I could definitely get on board with that theory I think it would be a reasonable explanation within the show.

I love the idea of him still knocking about and maybe he comes back to present day timeline eventually just out of curiousity but his energy is sensed by Beerus maybe who recognises the energy as that of the being who has been quite chaotic throughout the ages and peaks his interest

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:41 am

Is that being "the" legendary Super Saiyan, though? We know that the Saiyans have never been looked upon favorably, so the only legend of Saiyans that exists is a negative one. I thought that you meant he was the legendary Super Saiyan that Vegeta was talking about. I was pretty sure that that was the implication they wanted to make when they did this story in the first place.

I'm not sure how the word "legend" gets thrown around. I guess it's like "God" and just kind of can mean anything. "Oh you're really strong and reached a new transformation -- you're a god." "Oh you are a buffed out, fast Super Saiyan with green hair -- that was never shown again after the mind control device was destroyed but we'll ignore that for now -- you're legendary." A legend is a legend; it means that there are stories of this character. With Broly, I always interpreted his "legendary Super Saiyan" title to mean, "Hey there's legend of a Super Saiyan going around the universe destroying planets... and the subject of that legend is Broly!" I never bought into it being an actual transformation. But what do I know?

Revolution
Beyond Newbie

Post by Revolution » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:56 am

TheGreatness25 wrote: I thought that you meant he was the legendary Super Saiyan that Vegeta was talking about.
Yeah this is basically what I’m failing to articulate so far. And, I agree these terminologies are used far too often.
I guess you could still apply that term to broly in the way that you laid out before it would just take on a different meaning than the “Legend” Vegeta refers to in Z.

In fact with the story Vegeta relays I may even say it should be referred to as a myth more so considering the gargantuan period of time between the tale and present day. Also, the lack of actual records/evidence to support the “legendary Super Saiyan” as it’s known.

To be honest the story I put forth can be altered and changed but basically with the time travel element, the super Saiyan transformation and the Saiyan tail still present (Golden Oozaru as shown) I think these are good ingredients to make Bardock this individual. Obviously I’m trying to take it past what we saw in the “episode of Bardock” and expand upon in more nitty gritty details.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:49 pm

I never understood that connection with Broly. I always interpreted it as "There's a legend of a Super Saiyan who is destroying planets," and Broly ended up being the subject of that legend.

It wouldn't make sense for Broly to be the Super Saiyan that Vegeta was talking about on Namek because Broly was born after Vegeta and nobody knew that he was a Super Saiyan.

If we're talking about the form itself, when was this legendary form ever discussed? If we're going by the manga, Vegeta discussed a Super Saiyan -- which ended up being Goku. If we're going by filler (I believe that this statement was only in the anime), then the transformation was only contained in great ape form and thus, Broly does not fit that description either.

Basically unless they retold the story of a buffed up Super Saiyan with green aura, then the only legend that Broly falls into (more so than Goku, anyway) is the legend of a Super Saiyan who was destroying planets.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Yeah, I believe that the premise of this entire movie/TV special/whatever it was, was to imply that Burdock is the legendary Super Saiyan that Vegeta mentions on Namek. They decided to throw in Freeza's ancestor as a way for the audience to go, "Ah-ha!!! It's poetic justice! Rawr!" But I feel that the implication has always been that Burdock was the legendary Super Saiyan. That's not to say that I agree with this entire thing and I feel that the special was the beginning of the withering away of the foundation of the story as I knew it. But still, I think it was not-so-subtly implied that this was the end-goal.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:13 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:They decided to throw in Freeza's ancestor as a way for the audience to go, "Ah-ha!!! It's poetic justice! Rawr!"
No. They decided to throw Freeza's ancestor to explain how Freeza came to know about the legend. Bardock is the reason why Freeza knows about the legend. I don't see why Saiyans would tell Freeza about a legend that most was skeptical and many was a non-believer. Also, there was another Legendary Super Saiyan, that one transformed among the Saiyans, that's why they know about the "Super Saiyan", and for the same reason stated above, none Saiyan witnessed Bardock's transformation and I don't see why Freeza would tell Saiyans about something he fears.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:22 pm

Well I'm sure the Saiyans believed in the legend; King Vegeta certainly did. So it wouldn't be improbable for Freeza to get wind of it. As for nobody seeing Burdock become a Super Saiyan, since he went back in time, he could have actually returned to amore primitive planet Vegeta and that way, the Saiyans would know. Them throwing in Freeza's ancestor to have Freeza know about the Super Saiyan is still not really an explanation because Burdock killed everyone there. It's a little hard to pass along the news when you're dead.

Kenoka

Post by Kenoka » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:11 pm

For me, Bardock will always be the Legendary Super Saiyan.
"I am Kenoka, son of Bardock and the Supreme Kai of Time!"

Revolution
Beyond Newbie

Post by Revolution » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:06 pm

I could see him jumping to a point in time where Saiyans or another race could witness such a transformation. Probably a case of being in his super Saiyan state and then being affected by the moon to turn golden Oozaru or creating a False moon because the need came about from a fierce battle.

I’ll stop short of saying he goes super Saiyan 4 for now but I don’t see why a golden Oozaru form is not possible. That would, as far as the anime goes, tie into the legend Vegeta speaks of