Conceiving a child while using fusion

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Roshi212

Conceiving a child while using fusion

Post by Roshi212 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:02 pm

So what would happen if two people fused and then while fused conceived a child with another person?
For example if goku and vegeta fused and had sex with chichi or bulma conceiving a child.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Conceiving a child while using fusion

Post by nickzambuto » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:26 pm

Fusion creates an entirely unique and independent being.

"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta!"

If Vegetto or Gogeta had a child, then it's as simple as that. They'd have a child. It's perfectly possible.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:04 am

We sure are looking at the boring side of the coin here, aren't we?

What about women? If a fused being conceives a child, then splits in two, what happens to the fetus. Does it create two copies, does it tear the poor thing apart?

Perhaps it works as a fission, where two dominant parts of the personality are split into two bodies, and the resulting beings are significantly weaker than their parents.
Retired.

Revolution
Beyond Newbie

Post by Revolution » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:51 am

Perhaps even if two females split apart would maybe the dominant more powerful female carry the baby?

I imagine it would be an extremely powerful child to be born from fused genes especially if it was Vegito for arguments sake. Two fused males and two fused females creating a child.. make it happen!!
Frieza?! .. You fool!!!!!

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:26 pm

Baby dies upon diffusion. I mean, that's the only logical thing. Sad but true. Logically just because a Chichi and Bulma (I'll just use them) influenced Bulchi/Chulma, does not necessarily mean that Bulchi/Chulma would influence Chichi and Bulma. Thus, it's not necessary for the kid to be passed along to either one of them. Then we see that two people fusing create another being entirely, which gives a strong implication that in fact, what happens to that entirely other being would not pass backward to the original two people fusing. I don't think that anyone would argue that Gotenks achieving Super Saiyan 3 carried over to Goten and Trunks, right?

Thus, the kid would probably be gone. Or the fetus would grow only upon fusion. Like if they fuse together, they'd be pregnant, diffuse they wouldn't be.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:33 pm

"Fast-swimming sperm can reach the egg in a half an hour, while others may take days. The sperm can live up to 48-72 hours."

So the sperm might count as part of Gogeta/Gotenks and dissapear when they diffuse, or perhaps it diffuses into two sperm cells, one from each fusee.

If it's a woman fusee it's just a 30/minute hour old zygote getting aborted.

"It is estimated that as many as 75 percent of fertilized eggs do not go on to result in a full-term pregnancy."

so it isn't really any different from the likely outcome, it'd just be assumed they never got pregnant and a slightly heavier period would probably go unnoticed.

So nothing horrific like you all are speculating.

I can't believe this is a topic....
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Roshi212

Post by Roshi212 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:15 am

I feel like the fetus would be passed to both of them when they unfuse. Trunks and goten might not of had super saiyan 3 when they unfused but that's because they needed the power of the fusion to go to a level that high. I'm pretty sure they were still stronger

And honestly I was kinda surprised this hasn't been a topic yet lol

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:23 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:Baby dies upon diffusion. I mean, that's the only logical thing.
It's not logical at all because you are not pregnant that fast.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Roshi212

Post by Roshi212 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:25 pm

So I have a new angle on this now. So what if when the two women fused one of them was pregnant. Would the fusion be pregnant, would the baby be lost, would the baby become part of the fusion making a new fusion between them?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:31 pm

Roshi212 wrote:So I have a new angle on this now. So what if when the two women fused one of them was pregnant. Would the fusion be pregnant, would the baby be lost, would the baby become part of the fusion making a new fusion between them?
Many things can happen
With the most probable one being the fusion itself being pregnant, not even hair color is lost in fusion, a full fledged baby is way too big of a thing to disappear..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

GigaDrill
Beyond Newbie

Post by GigaDrill » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:30 am

TheGreatness25 wrote:Baby dies upon diffusion. I mean, that's the only logical thing. Sad but true.
Not if we're still in the Dragon Ball franchise.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:19 am

A woman could not stay fused long enough to conceive a child.

Revolution
Beyond Newbie

Post by Revolution » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:17 am

There so do Manu different races in the DB universe I think it’s possible that Becoming with fusion time isn’t possible depending on who fused
Frieza?! .. You fool!!!!!

Roshi212

Post by Roshi212 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:00 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:A woman could not stay fused long enough to conceive a child.
Sure if you use the fusion technique goku learned, but if you used the kais earrings you could

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:16 pm

TobyS wrote:"Fast-swimming sperm can reach the egg in a half an hour, while others may take days. The sperm can live up to 48-72 hours."

So the sperm might count as part of Gogeta/Gotenks and dissapear when they diffuse, or perhaps it diffuses into two sperm cells, one from each fusee.

"It is estimated that as many as 75 percent of fertilized eggs do not go on to result in a full-term pregnancy."

so it isn't really any different from the likely outcome, it'd just be assumed they never got pregnant and a slightly heavier period would probably go unnoticed.

You've lost your mind. No sperm in the world could reach in an egg in as little as half an hour. Did you even take high school anatomy?

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:55 pm

Such a question would be similar to asking if their fragmented attire and DNA vanishes or defuses once the time limit has elapsed, even if it happens to be detached from the source. My personal responce would be "no", it doesn't. Assuming this conjecture were to pan out, it would imply that reproductive material should be maintainable once having left the fused being. In the case of a woman, you may have to remove their reproductive organs altogether for a child to be possible using the fused being's genetic material. But then you're getting into some pretty macabre subject there, by Dragon Ball standards.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:02 pm

Using DB and anime logic they would only be pregnant when fused and the pregnancy would only progress when fused.

Is that realistic? Nope. You throw realism out the door you start fusing people.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

GigaDrill
Beyond Newbie

Post by GigaDrill » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:07 am

MagmonKai wrote:
TobyS wrote:"Fast-swimming sperm can reach the egg in a half an hour, while others may take days. The sperm can live up to 48-72 hours."

You've lost your mind. No sperm in the world could reach in an egg in as little as half an hour. Did you even take high school anatomy?
The fanfic writers would probably have the child be the offspring of the fusion character instead of having the sperm defuse anyways because it's fiction

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:34 am

I recommend reading Dragon Ball Multiverse. Pretty believable take on that sort of thing happening within the world of DB.

Roshi212

Post by Roshi212 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:05 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:Using DB and anime logic they would only be pregnant when fused and the pregnancy would only progress when fused.

Is that realistic? Nope. You throw realism out the door you start fusing people.
Are you saying that (in your opinion) the pregnancy will only progress until the unfuse or while fused including when they refuse so the fusion will always be pregnant until giving birth but not the two people fusing?